• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GOAT?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron whines every time he misses a layup with a little hint of physicality to the defender. 9 times out of 10 ALWAYS looking to the Ref for a call, throwing his hand up in the air and grinning . And you mean tell me he would enjoy playing in the 80s and early 90s?

Jordan took 10xxxx the abuse Lebron did during his playing days. From the badboys to the Knicks etc.

Sure if Lebron grew up during that time period he would be tougher as this was the days before prima donnas being handed everything. But if we were transplant Lebron now to back then it would be a nightmare for him.

Lebron would be bitching/whining like a little girl if he had to play the Bad Boys and Knicks or Larry's Legends under the old NBA

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron whines every time he misses a layup with a little hint of physicality to the defender. 9 times out of 10 ALWAYS looking to the Ref for a call, throwing his hand up in the air and grinning . And you mean tell me he would enjoy playing in the 80s and early 90s?

Jordan took 10xxxx the abuse Lebron did during his playing days. From the badboys to the Knicks etc.

Sure if Lebron grew up during that time period he would be tougher as this was the days before prima donnas being handed everything. But if we were transplant Lebron now to back then it would be a nightmare for him.

Lebron would be bitching/whining like a little girl if he had to play the Bad Boys and Knicks or Larry's Legends under the old NBA

It's called selling for a call. I don't find this surprising that you find this so difficult to understand. Like I said, the history of your posts don't give you the best reputation.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called selling for a call. I don't find this surprising that you find this so difficult to understand. Like I said, the history of your posts don't give you the best reputation.

Or its called being spoiled and expecting to go to the FT line if someone touches him and he misses a point blank layup.

When you wussify your league superstars expect to be catered too by the Refs.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan KNEW he had to get stronger after playing teams like the Celtics/Pistons etc. So thats why he hit the Weight room and got stronger..

He knew he wasn't going to get babied by the Refs like today's prima donnas. . Thats the difference between Jordan and LeEasyWayOut and all the other "superstars' of today.

Basketball was a MAN'S GAME before. You could expect to get hit, knocked down, roughed up. The SuperStars don't expect this today.. They expect Ref/NBA front office catering

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ankle biting of Lebron James is hitting record levels in this thread.

So Lebron sucks because he tries to sell a call.

Michael would NEVER do such a thing...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or its called being spoiled and expecting to go to the FT line if someone touches him and he misses a point blank layup.

When you wussify your league superstars expect to be catered too by the Refs.

You do realize that Jordan was the first player to have the rep, right?

When the Dream Team was posing for a picture, one of the players (Magic I believe) joked:

"Don't get too close to Mike, that's a foul."

Jordan literally invented the superstar treatment from officials. Granted, it wasn't his fault, but he absolutely benefitted. He got calls no other player did and other stars around the league were jealous.

So yeah, LeBron would dominate any era. The further back you go, the better he gets. Physical play only helps him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Jordan was the first player to have the rep, right?

When the Dream Team was posing for a picture, one of the players (Magic I believe) joked:

"Don't get too close to Mike, that's a foul."

Jordan literally invented the superstar treatment from officials. Granted, it wasn't his fault, but he absolutely benefitted. He got calls no other player did and other stars around the league were jealous.

So yeah, LeBron would dominate any era. The further back you go, the better he gets. Physical play only helps him.

No. Apparently being 6'8 250 lbs. doesn't help you with physicality. That's what the peanut gallery is saying.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Training has evolved even since then. You might want to do research on the matter. HIT wasn't as big as it is now, or at least it wasn't as much in the 90's. Take a look at NFL teams in the 90's, particularly in the Super Bowl with Denver and Green Bay. Fast forward to the most recent trends and you'll see a staggering trend in physical appearance along with strength combined with speed.

Having said that, just because the Pistons were a notoriously dirty team, doesn't mean they were going to beat the Warriors. The Pistons had a bit of luck to their titles given that Magic pulled his hamstring first game of the series allowing the Pistons to sweep the Lakers. Also, the Celtics, particularly Bird got old allowing them to take over in the East while Jordan was just a baby in NBA years. You need to stop holding the Pistons to this stature like they're same all-time great team - they weren't.

I have researched it, plenty, since I was a personal trainer for over 20 years... Athletes in the early 90's were big and strong, Testosterone and HGH was around then too bud ... Ben Johnson ring a bell ? By your logic I guess Magic Johnson at 6.9 was a little guard... Old school B-Ball teams could compete, they were not small like you're making it sound.. Again were not talking about the 50's were talking about the late 80's and early 90's ... Bulls teams were on-top until the late 90's so it's not that long ago...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have researched it, plenty, since I was a personal trainer for over 20 years... Athletes in the early 90's were big and strong, Testosterone and HGH was around then too bud ... Ben Johnson ring a bell ? By your logic I guess Magic Johnson at 6.9 was a little guard... Old school B-Ball teams could compete, they were not small like you're making it sound.. Again were not talking about the 50's were talking about the late 80's and early 90's ... Bulls teams were on-top until the late 90's so it's not that long ago...

Oh yeah, well I was a personal trainer for 40 years, even though I'm in my 30's (see how that shit works?). And why the fuck do I care about PEDs in this conversation? Again, you show you're full of shit thinking that athletes are the same across the board from the late 90's to today.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m in my 40's, you assume a lot of shit don't you ....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this little center from the 90's ..... I mean the centers of today's NBA dwarf Shaq!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna just leave this here for future reference...
th

I thought this thread was going to be about LeBron James when I saw "GOAT".

No single player is better than him, now or ever. I think he averaged a triple double in the Finals this year and only the GOAT can do that.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Showtime Lakers score 140-150 a game in todays NBA.

If you play actual defense then I'm going with the '96 Bulls.

jumpshot

jumpshot

jumpshot