• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

goat of the series

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
david clarkson

i know people will say the usual elias/parise/kovy

but lets face it...the puck seems to find clarkson in the perfect situations and its not like he netted 10 goals this year...30 goals and he has done squat with it!

he is mike peluso revisted hands of stone!

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its everyone but Marty..the team totally quit tonight and thats something thats a disgrace to do in the finals.

At this point Im just hoping for a sweep so we dont have to see them raise the Cup in Jersey.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
david clarkson

i know people will say the usual elias/parise/kovy

but lets face it...the puck seems to find clarkson in the perfect situations and its not like he netted 10 goals this year...30 goals and he has done squat with it!

he is mike peluso revisted hands of stone!

Scapegoat of the series?Like Kovy he is playing through an injury unlike kovy he is not supposed to be our big gun.That said Kovy was far more of a goat than Clarkson.Kovy shoots wide,has bad turnovers,terrible passes poor effort.Atleast Clarky has gotten chances.Parise IMO takes the goat though he is healthy and disappeared when it was his time to step up bottom line the captain did not deliver

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you pick em they sucked... except MB of course cuz he's the only guy working in this series, but if I had to pick 1 it would be Kovy doesn't do anything just floating around and not shooting the puck

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Scapegoat of the series?Like Kovy he is playing through an injury unlike kovy he is not supposed to be our big gun.That said Kovy was far more of a goat than Clarkson.Kovy shoots wide,has bad turnovers,terrible passes poor effort.Atleast Clarky has gotten chances.Parise IMO takes the goat though he is healthy and disappeared when it was his time to step up bottom line the captain did not deliver

i beg to differ...clarkson atleast had the chances..kovalchuk hasnt had the chances...2 open cages in game 1! ugh! the 2on1 tonight..i woudlve loved to have had anyone in those situationsbut clarkson

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i beg to differ...clarkson atleast had the chances..kovalchuk hasnt had the chances...2 open cages in game 1! ugh! the 2on1 tonight..i woudlve loved to have had anyone in those situationsbut clarkson

And Parise has failed on several chances including a breakaway and multiple odd man situations.Sorry cup Parise is the star and the captain.Parise not producing is far worse than Clarkson not producing.And Kovy doesnt even look like he is trying

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
look at your title. are you really someone that can give a fair and balanced view?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at your title. are you really someone that can give a fair and balanced view?

Yes and I made a valid arguement why.Its not like i just said nah.I think you need to take the Kovy blinders off he was awful.Seriously cup stop making excuses or looking for a scapegoat for our "superstars"

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its ok cup Parise can just get a free pass.He has failed to convert on a break away, blown several odd man rushes,been awful converting in front of the net and missing through large stretches of the games.He has been far to predictable always trying the jam play with forwards open at the side of the net for tap ins all while being our leader all while not playing through an injury.I know its easier to find A scape goat whether it be Clarkson or Marty than to hold our captain accountable.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I say Clarkson too... not just for not hitting the net with so many opportunities... but what about the fact that he cant even stay on his feet.... hell in game 1 and 2 he was on the ice more than he was skating.... How can one of our "tough" guys be thrown around so much.... add this on top of his non ability to score in key spots where he should have gives him my vote for goat... with Parise being a close second. I give Kovy a pass since he is obviously hurt.... its the coaches fault they are using him so much and hindering the team... ANYONE on the PP would be better than Kovy right now....

I think they had a stat tonight that said kovy has played over 67 minutes after the first or second period in the series and he has like 5 or 6 shots on goal.... thats just sad....

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I say Clarkson too... not just for not hitting the net with so many opportunities... but what about the fact that he cant even stay on his feet.... hell in game 1 and 2 he was on the ice more than he was skating.... How can one of our "tough" guys be thrown around so much.... add this on top of his non ability to score in key spots where he should have gives him my vote for goat... with Parise being a close second. I give Kovy a pass since he is obviously hurt.... its the coaches fault they are using him so much and hindering the team... ANYONE on the PP would be better than Kovy right now....

I think they had a stat tonight that said kovy has played over 67 minutes after the first or second period in the series and he has like 5 or 6 shots on goal.... thats just sad....

Kovy gets a pass for playing hurt but Clarkson does not?Clarkson has been playing injured since the rags series.And Parise has missed on several more scoring chances.To be honest I dont care if Zach leaves anymore he has been extremely disappointing in the finals.Funny how no matter what everyone jumps all over Clarkson when a scapegoat is needed

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say Parise. People have been acting like he's some kind of God, yet, he hasn't done a freaking thing.

And yes, I'm upset with Kovy and Clarky but at least they have known injury excuses.

Parise and Kovy have much higher star power than Clarky. We needed them to come through and they failed us. Clarky missing the 2 open nets was pretty terrible and maybe you could put that GAME on him, but not the series. Your best players have to play like your best players and ours have not. Btw, anyone seen Elias?

Unless it is revealed that Parise had a pretty bad injury, he would be my choice for top goat. He really let me down and like someone else said, I don't care if he leaves.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDB is my goat. Parise is my goat if it has to be a player.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDB is my goat. Parise is my goat if it has to be a player.

I agree with that... PDB... He just doesnt seem to know what to do... but whatever he does... he didnt make any changes from game 1-3.... that is coaching... PP is horrible, and the lack of shots is even worse... they are not beating us... we are beating ourselves.... Marty at least kept us in this series.... he cant score goals too..... yes I know he gave up a soft one in game 1 and 2, but look at all the other clutch saves he made.... hell, he gave the team a chance to win... imagine what just two goals would have done for our team... yeah it would be 2-1 for game 4.... In a way, I hope we win Wed night just so we say we didnt get swept, but I would hate to see them raise the cup in NJ like someone else said.... I am torn... but then again... maybe they should put us out of our misery....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone but Marty....

Fayne, Clarky & Parise stick out to me since all 3 missed GOLDEN opportunities that could've change this series(and our perception)