• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Glow

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 episodes into season 3 of Glow. I like it but its a little different. They seem to be giving just about every character more of a real storyline and spending time with each one. That's a bit different from the earlier seasons where you had a few main characters and then some fun tertiary characters.

One other noticeable thing is they are way heavy on the nudity this season

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 episodes into season 3 of Glow. I like it but its a little different. They seem to be giving just about every character more of a real storyline and spending time with each one. That's a bit different from the earlier seasons where you had a few main characters and then some fun tertiary characters.

One other noticeable thing is they are way heavy on the nudity this season
Unless the nudity comes from Welfare Queen, I very much look forward to this season, then...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OitNB is a lost show, imho. Watching the original (Wentworth) is a better use of your time. And a new season of that has dropped as well, even though that has gotten a bit cheesy in the later seasons as well.

Agreed. I'm not an avid viewer though I enjoyed some of the earlier seasons. But I was watching with my daughter who was catching up on the latest season the other night and it's just gotten way too hokey for me.

Thanks for the heads up on the new season of GLOW to whomever bumped this.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished it all up. Overall, I'd say it was a good season. Maybe not quite as strong as the first two but I'd still say 9/10 if you had to grade it.

The time jump towards the end of the season threw everything off imo. That was a misstep. It made the final 3 episodes feel different because you weren't as connected to the characters like you were before. It felt off. Like you missed a few chapters and rushed thru the end, which is literally what they did I guess.

I hope it gets renewed for a season 4 (Netflix is notorious for cancelling after 3 seasons) because I'm excited by the prospect of them playing new characters for a new Glow TV show

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall solid season. And Brie went full topless, and it was fantastic. Her nudity in past seasons was too “real world”ish, and not over flattering. Her scene this year was awesome.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got to binge. Hope it comes back for a 4th.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished season 3. This show really cooks when it stays with the core characters Ruth, Debbie and Sam and their relationships. Some of the ancilliary characters have had compelling story lines as well, Bash & Bash's wife, the wolf gal and her transition.

But sometimes they try to do too much with too many of them, getting "up close & personal" with characters that are just not very interesting imo. There just isn't time for all of that. Much of the last episode was a good example of that with

the Christmas theme being just an excuse to say goodbye until next season to each and every one of them. I didn't realize how much I didn't care about the black couple until watching a couple of minutes of them acting all moony-eyed about their Christmas present "reunion". All I was thinking through all of that was "please, make it stop".

That said, I really enjoy the show and look forward to next season.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished season 3. This show really cooks when it stays with the core characters Ruth, Debbie and Sam and their relationships. Some of the ancilliary characters have had compelling story lines as well, Bash & Bash's wife, the wolf gal and her transition.

But sometimes they try to do too much with too many of them, getting "up close & personal" with characters that are just not very interesting imo. There just isn't time for all of that. Much of the last episode was a good example of that with

the Christmas theme being just an excuse to say goodbye until next season to each and every one of them. I didn't realize how much I didn't care about the black couple until watching a couple of minutes of them acting all moony-eyed about their Christmas present "reunion". All I was thinking through all of that was "please, make it stop".

That said, I really enjoy the show and look forward to next season.

The story with Cherry and her husband was a bit underserved. I think that happened because the actor that plays the husband got his own show writing and starring in on Comedy Central (South Side) so that took away his availability. It's basically why he goes from being the ref and her husband in seasons 1 and 2 to just straight up walking out in like the first episode and not showing back up until the end. I thought Cherry's storyline her reacting to the split was interesting but they did rush it. She went from being sad, to a gambling problem, to it being solved in like an episode and a half

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story with Cherry and her husband was a bit underserved. I think that happened because the actor that plays the husband got his own show writing and starring in on Comedy Central (South Side) so that took away his availability. It's basically why he goes from being the ref and her husband in seasons 1 and 2 to just straight up walking out in like the first episode and not showing back up until the end. I thought Cherry's storyline her reacting to the split was interesting but they did rush it. She went from being sad, to a gambling problem, to it being solved in like an episode and a half

Yeah. I'd pretty much forgotten their story line which really wasn't given much play in the first place. That was no knock on the actors. There are just times when I think they try to cover too much ground with their very large cast.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is some bullshit. They cancelled the show "because of covid" even though they already greenlit the final season.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3