• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Global Warming - NFL Style

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be -15 in Green Bay and 70 in Indy.....

This weather's a mess!

Ksfnslayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the coldest game ever played in GB anyway?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't believe in the cold weather team stuff. a good amount of players from both teams are from the south. I watched by bears lose game after game when the weather was under 30 for yrs and the people still talked the "bear weather" crap. we've seen Rodgers in a few cold weather games. I seen kaepernick play in a couple snow games at Nevada. any really think the weather is an advantage to either team?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems people are split on the issue when it comes to playing in extremes. I've seen some people say everyone should play in domes to increase fan moral. While others believe in "old time" football and it should be played in anything. I'm kind of split on the issue myself. Part of me loves extreme weather games, especially snow games, and part of me sees that playing in domes will increase the quality of football. Its a tough decision really.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems people are split on the issue when it comes to playing in extremes. I've seen some people say everyone should play in domes to increase fan moral. While others believe in "old time" football and it should be played in anything. I'm kind of split on the issue myself. Part of me loves extreme weather games, especially snow games, and part of me sees that playing in domes will increase the quality of football. Its a tough decision really.

I think we need the outdoor games to actually have balanced games. offense has completely taken over the game. the weather sometimes neutralizes it to a certain degree

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need the outdoor games to actually have balanced games. offense has completely taken over the game. the weather sometimes neutralizes it to a certain degree

That too. I love defense. And yea, dome games favor the offense now with all the rule changes.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't believe in the cold weather team stuff. a good amount of players from both teams are from the south. I watched by bears lose game after game when the weather was under 30 for yrs and the people still talked the "bear weather" crap. we've seen Rodgers in a few cold weather games. I seen kaepernick play in a couple snow games at Nevada. any really think the weather is an advantage to either team?

It's not so much where these players are from but rather how they prepare for the upcoming game. Perfect practice makes perfect...

Impossible to have a perfect practice for a cold weather game when you're practicing in Cali weather. The packers on the other hand will be practicing in the cold, if they so choose

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too. I love defense. And yea, dome games favor the offense now with all the rule changes.

A good defense will play well regardless of weather conditions. Seattle, Carolina, Arizona and San Francisco all play in moderate climates and they have some of the best defenses in the League. I would rather watch world class athletes showcase their skills in optimal conditions.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good defense will play well regardless of weather conditions. Seattle, Carolina, Arizona and San Francisco all play in moderate climates and they have some of the best defenses in the League. I would rather watch world class athletes showcase their skills in optimal conditions.

I just think the cold weather makes it more difficult to catch the ball. balancing out the game somewhat

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the NE - TN playoff game a few years back. It was -4 at halftime. I got a chance to talk to the NE staff and asked about players ability to play in the cold. I was told that some players handle it, some cannot play at all.
I liken it to having injuries on both teams taking out multiple players. If the "injuries" don't hit too many or too key players, you will perform well, especially against a team that has more key players affected.
The thing to remember, no amount of preparation will work for those that cannnot tolerate extreme cold.