• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Glen Rice or Scottie Pippen: Who would you take all-time?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every sportscaster in the world brings up Giannis in a Pippen vs Rice discussion?

Are you an idiot?

Every sportscaster in the world calls Giannis the "unicorn phenomenon" that never existed before and before Giannis, Pippen was considered the same.

In fact, people were resembling Giannis to Scottie, just after Giannis was drafted (being 2 inches shorter at the days).

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather a ...4 way player I would say! The most complete player before Giannis...

He has hold the Bulls on a contending level, even when Jordan interrupted playing for a couple of seasons.
Just curious: what are the 4 ways in basketball? Offense, defense, what and what?
What, he rides the bench better than anyone when he sits? He showers the best after the game? What are these other 2 ways?
It's not like football where you have special teams and still no 4th way.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you an idiot?

Every sportscaster in the world calls Giannis the "unicorn phenomenon" that never existed before and before Giannis, Pippen was considered the same.

In fact, people were resembling Giannis to Scottie, just after Giannis was drafted (being 2 inches shorter at the days).
You are the only one that I've heard say unicorn; never a sportscaster. I've heard freak athlete many times, but not unicorn, that seems your special calling card.
And, yes, Giannis is great, but what does he do that LeBron didn't when he was young? Freak athlete, plays both ways, leads his team....

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the only one that I've heard say unicorn; never a sportscaster. I've heard freak athlete many times, but not unicorn, that seems your special calling card.
And, yes, Giannis is great, but what does he do that LeBron didn't when he was young? Freak athlete, plays both ways, leads his team....

If you haven't heard Giannis called "unicorn"... you either don't follow the pages. or you are mute...

In any case, the subject here is that amazing "unicorn" called Scottie Pippen, of who I used to be one of the most fanatic fans before Giannis arrived and re-shake the waters of the game...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't heard Giannis called "unicorn"... you either don't follow the pages. or you are mute...

In any case, the subject here is that amazing "unicorn" called Scottie Pippen, of who I used to be one of the most fanatic fans before Giannis arrived and re-shake the waters of the game...
How can you just skip Kobe and LeBron between Pip and Giannis? How exactly is Giannis "re-shake the waters of the game"? Exactly what does he do that LeBron didn't (with a worse surrounding cast in his initial Cleveland stint)?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name power likely has you leaning one way, but Rice was the more-natural go-to scorer.

Obviously Pippen's all-around skills were a much better compliment to Jordan than Rice would have been, but if you were starting a team from scratch, would you have blamed one for taking Rice? I wouldn't have.

The video below is a playoff game from 1999, the year after Jordan left the Bulls and Pippen had moved on to his next team. Rice absolutely schooled Pippen in this game. This vid also features a 36-year-old Hakeem Olajuwon, who averaged just under 19 and 10 even late in his career.

Most of us are probably more accustomed to seeing Hakeem facing off against Magic's Lakers as opposed to the Shaq/Kobe Lakers, which makes this clip even more of a classic:

Also, if you turn to 2:55 in the next video, you'll see that Pippen clearly hit Hubert Davis' arm on that three-point attempt in that pivotal game 5 in 1994. As much as I was a Bulls fan during my 90's childhood, I don't know what so many complained about. Clearly a foul:
If your title asks a question why didn't you make this a poll?
You just hate writing potato salad, don't you?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you just skip Kobe and LeBron between Pip and Giannis? How exactly is Giannis "re-shake the waters of the game"? Exactly what does he do that LeBron didn't (with a worse surrounding cast in his initial Cleveland stint)?

6 things of Pippen that explains it all to you (for Giannis):

1. His wrist, I used to call him "the servant"... he attacks the rim and his wrist is serving the ball under absolute control... Giannis is 2nd (by some margin in the class of it, but the only other that does it).

2. His Verticallity, the man comes to the rim from God (like Giannis), but Scottie is VERTICAL... (all power in) one muscle... (Giannis was like Bron... no class in his style on early days... he is working on it, but still a long way to go before he becomes Pippen in it).

3. His Break... Scottie would block you (or anybody) under full control on defense, steal you the ball and even pass it to himself on the floor ahead... Giannis is the only player after Pippen that often does the same... Stlll has to work in order to achieve Scottie's level... But he is getting there...

4. His dribble... From one side of the court to the other in one or two dribbles? Only Giannis has bettered that!

5. He was spectacular to watch... Unbelievable actions making people wonder... "can it be done"? Giannis bettered on him!

6. His power... Looking at him is easy to underestimate him... then you wonder... "where does all this power comes from"? It's power through skills and technique all right... Giannis has bettered on it!

My 1st take for "best ever player" before Giannis arrived...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 things of Pippen that explains it all to you (for Giannis):

1. His wrist, I used to call him "the servant"... he attacks the rim and his wrist is serving the ball under absolute control... Giannis is 2nd (by some margin in the class of it, but the only other that does it).

2. His Verticallity, the man comes to the rim from God (like Giannis), but Scottie is VERTICAL... (all power in) one muscle... (Giannis was like Bron... no class in his style on early days... he is working on it, but still a long way to go before he becomes Pippen in it).

3. His Break... Scottie would block you (or anybody) under full control on defense, steal you the ball and even pass it to himself on the floor ahead... Giannis is the only player after Pippen that often does the same... Stlll has to work in order to achieve Scottie's level... But he is getting there...

4. His dribble... From one side of the court to the other in one or two dribbles? Only Giannis has bettered that!

5. He was spectacular to watch... Unbelievable actions making people wonder... "can it be done"? Giannis bettered on him!

My 1st take for "best ever player" before Giannis arrived...
A. LeBron does all this
B. Pippin wasn't even the best player on his team for almost all of your points.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. LeBron does all this
B. Pippin wasn't even the best player on his team for almost all of your points.

Don't forget to ask Bron to give Scottie a blow job...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget to ask Bron to give Scottie a blow job...
I don't know either of them and I don't know if either is into men.
And even if I did know them, why would I ever ask them to do such a thing; that is their own personal business.
Seems you may be interested in the wrong aspects of NBA players.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a trick question? Pippen & it's not even close.

SP: 16.1 ppg, 6.4 rebs, 5.2 asts, 2.0 stls (8x 1st team all defense & 7x all star)

GR: 18.3 ppg, 4.4 rebs, 2.1 asts, 1.0 stl (3x all star)

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know either of them and I don't know if either is into men.
And even if I did know them, why would I ever ask them to do such a thing; that is their own personal business.
Seems you may be interested in the wrong aspects of NBA players.

FO... you know what I mean... but you are too young to have watched Scottie playing (and therefore excused to some extend)...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a trick question? Pippen & it's not even close.

SP: 16.1 ppg, 6.4 rebs, 5.2 asts, 2.0 stls (8x 1st team all defense & 7x all star)

GR: 18.3 ppg, 4.4 rebs, 2.1 asts, 1.0 stl (3x all star)
Actually these are numbers... Scottie was an unbelievable player!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you an idiot?

Once again, you fail to understand the simplest of points. Giannis was not part of this discussion until you force fed him into it.