• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Glazer: Teams have called Carolina to gauge interest in trading for Steve Smith

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that in theory, though I'm not sure another WR would have made a difference in the Giants' game. Smith did not look good throwing the ball in that game.

I think if we had Steve Smith, he would have either opened up Crab a little or caught a few. All without any shift of talent/skill from Alex. All we needed was one more first down somewhere - that would shift the game a little bit and maybe KW doesn't get that first punt somewhere? Maybe if they punted the ball a minute later, KW would have been positioned differently. I think if we had Steve Smith last year, even without an improvement from Smith, we would have won. It's like in a basketball game, if someone had made one free throw or defended one play, the game might not go into overtime. The defense was playing well enough that a shift in time would for predictability sense, be around the same if not the same or better.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think if we had Steve Smith, he would have either opened up Crab a little or caught a few. All without any shift of talent/skill from Alex. All we needed was one more first down somewhere - that would shift the game a little bit and maybe KW doesn't get that first punt somewhere? Maybe if they punted the ball a minute later, KW would have been positioned differently. I think if we had Steve Smith last year, even without an improvement from Smith, we would have won. It's like in a basketball game, if someone had made one free throw or defended one play, the game might not go into overtime.

Yeah, that's fair. Crabtree likely would have had more success underneath with Smith to stretch the D.