• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

give credit

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL trade rumors: Thomas Vanek rejects substantial contract offer from Islanders - SBNation.com

i dont like snow or how he runs things. buuuuuuut make the guy an offer if he doesn't take it then deal him. even deal him instead of trying to squeak into the playoffs and get a 1st round ko.

if only we did this with zach :(

also mentions vanek to the wild? wtf! is it really that wanting to go and play with it -20 all winter?

His wife is from Minnesota and his best friend(Pominville) is already there. He will end up there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness Snow offered him a deal similar to what he's already making. Vanek was not gonna take that to stay on the Island even if he gets to play with Tavares and Okposo and move to Brooklyn in a few years. He's going to the the best UFA on the market most likely. He knows he can get more.

Its a typical lowball Isles offer. Vanek has no history with them, there is no hometown discount when a players been there for only a few months.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
your right it was a "lowball" offer. still though they know they now have a limited shot at signing him. they no fan can really blame him for shipping him out of there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give em credit for trading for him in the first place. No chance the Isles would have had any chance to sign him as a UFA is he didnt already play for them. So for that reason it was a good trade cause it atleast puts them in the convo.

But as soon as the deal happened I was skeptical Vanek would be there long term. The good thing for the Isles is a lot of teams are looking for a player of Vanek's talent and they will most likely get a big return.

Compared to the Parise situation. I think the Devils had at the very least a 50/50 chance of resigning him after that season. Trading him at the deadline or before that would've given us an uncertain return as well as no chance of winning the East. That run was beneficial financially and for the fanbase. Sucked that we didnt win the Cup but knocking off the Rags the way we did , well I wouldnt trade that even knowing what I know now.

Imagine if we traded Parise that year and the Rangers won the Cup. Our fanbase would never get over that.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah it was 50/50 but why for the love of god couldn't lou offer parise a max deal and max dollars. if he turned it down then we would've all agreed on shipping him out. in the return we could've got a 1st and a prospect. which would've come in handy right about now

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
also give credit to the rangers for being willing to ship their captain in a playoff race. yet here we are stuck with captain salvador.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give em credit if they actually trade him. Last I heard they gave Cally's agent permission to talk to other teams but it could just as easily be a negotiation tactic from Sather. Callahan isnt worth what he wants. But does he really want to be traded away from a NY team who he's the captain for? Im not so sure about that. And in my opinion Callahan is worth a lot more as a leader then he is as a player. Factor in the injury history and it gives me the feeling that the Rags wouldn't get anything close to fair value back for him. So I expect him to lower his demands and resign there.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor swirling on Twitter today that Marty wanted to head down South to play for the Panthers, no idea the truth to it though.

Sorry if a Ranger fan coming in here bothers you at all, not here to troll. Just talk hockey.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor swirling on Twitter today that Marty wanted to head down South to play for the Panthers, no idea the truth to it though.

Sorry if a Ranger fan coming in here bothers you at all, not here to troll. Just talk hockey.

thats fine... no harm i see.

Marty to Florida... wonder why?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils rumors don't exist because Lou is so tight lipped with these sorts of things. I'd imagine anything you hear is somebody floating an idea out there and people running with it as though it were valid.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would legit give up 10 straight years of 1st rounders for Vanek lol.

Not even kidding.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils rumors don't exist because Lou is so tight lipped with these sorts of things. I'd imagine anything you hear is somebody floating an idea out there and people running with it as though it were valid.

The Schneider deal is a perfect example

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
saw the isles were asking for 3 items in return for vanek it wouldn't surprise me if they got them.

just think ship jagr for a 1st to a fringe playoff team like the jackets and hope they miss you get a chance at the top pick in the draft.

ship zid to a contender for a 2nd that moves to a 1st if they make or win the cup.

you have a top 15 pick and a pick at the back of the draft. not bad considering we dont have a pick right now.

how much would we really miss these guys? jagr sure it would hurt but lets face it we aren't really scoring goals with him in the lineup what happens if he gets hurt or comes back from the olympics a slug? there goes him being productive on this team.

zid? well we have gelinas to replace him.

both are realistic trade options too since thats what both players went for in their most recent trades. zid i think went from a 4th to a 2nd?

please lou make some moves!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the trade Jagr crowd..without a doubt I do. His value might not be this high again.

But lets say if we were guaranteed this type of season for the next 2 years? Not crazy to think about considering the type of shape he keeps himself in. Wouldn't it be smarter to resign him for cheap? And get someone in here to put on his line that can actually score goals?

The team is one 30 goal scorer away from being very good. To me if you ship out Jagr for a shot in the dark 1st rounder , you set the team back.

Doubt Lou would do it but if it comes down to it I think he should go to Jagr and ask him if he wants to resign for another year or two that day..if he says no then you trade him.