• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giroux has Concussion

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really you guys think Pronger's that messed up? Until I hear something more I'm expecting him back as well as G and Schenn. Schenn's apparently already doing better which is good news.

As for guys like Weber or Suter it would be a tough trade but getting Weber would be worth it even if JVR or Schenn were involved. Ouch...

Please please please trade JVR and schenn for Weber!!!!

JVR is way overated in my mind and i hope i am wrong if we keep him and schenn although looks like he will be something someday i want to win this year!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really you guys think Pronger's that messed up? Until I hear something more I'm expecting him back as well as G and Schenn. Schenn's apparently already doing better which is good news.

As for guys like Weber or Suter it would be a tough trade but getting Weber would be worth it even if JVR or Schenn were involved. Ouch...

Even if Pronger comes back, how much more abuse of his body can he take? I would think he would want to live a long happy life after hockey. Maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, Weber or Suter would slide into his shoes or Timmonen's. I think a trade for Weber makes more sense just as long we can lock him up very long term. The scoring isn't a problem like we thought. Granted losing a JVR or Schenn would suck. However, we have a system and depth where scoring isn't so much an issue. Weber is a stud in every part of the word. Just like Pronger was when we traded for him. Just my two cents.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if pronger were to come back, i'd take suter or weber over him every single day of the week and twice on monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday

in fact, in his current state, almost every team has a d-man that i would take over pronger.. flyers included (timo)

for fun, cause i dont wanna work:

nyr: i'd say staal if his brother wasn't such a dick..so for now, they dont have one
njd: volchenkov
pitt: letang (even though i hate him) and orpik
isles: streit

washington: carlson
carolina: no
tampa: no
florida: no

winnipeg: bogosian, byfuglien

boston: chara
montreal: i hate subban too much to list him, but..
buffalo: regehr, myers
ottawa: karlsson
toronto: phaneuf

detroit: lidstrom
chicago: seabrook, keith
st louis: not that i can think of
columbus: no

nashville: suter, weber

vancouver: hamhuis, bieksa
calgary: no, jaybo sucks.
edmonton: no

minnesota: watched them the other night, they have a few young guys makin waves, but not yet
colorado: no

san jose: burns, boyle
anaheim: fowler
la: johnson, doughty
phoenix: yandle is close
dallas: goligoski has been pretty good, but not quite

so 11 teams cant, at least not off the top of my head

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i really do think he's that effed up.. back surgery, two knee surgeries, and a concussion.. in less than a year? i realize getting hit in the head with a stick doesn't happen every day, but skating, shooting, and passing do.. he's got no knees and a bad back, and he wasn't the fleetest of foot to begin with

he's toast

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

JVR is way overated in my mind and i hope i am wrong if we keep him and schenn although looks like he will be something someday i want to win this year!

:crazy:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

I wouldn't trade either of them straight up for Weber let alone both of them. Have you been hanging put with SF?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

I wouldn't trade either of them straight up for Weber let alone both of them. Have you been hanging put with SF?

We need a defenseman and weber is one of the best in the league. JVR doesnt do anything out there but show up most night and play good every 7th game Schenn i would hate to lose but the way we are scoring he might have to go to get Weber. I havent been with SF but i have my own stash.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need a defenseman and weber is one of the best in the league. JVR doesnt do anything out there but show up most night and play good every 7th game Schenn i would hate to lose but the way we are scoring he might have to go to get Weber. I havent been with SF but i have my own stash.

Like i've been saying, not a crazy move if we can lock Weber/unnamed stud dman up for a few years. Complete waste if we rent said player and he pulls a Hossa.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not going to even consider trading for Weber or Suter in my mind unless it is a sign and trade combo, which (barring serious injury) guarantees that we don't get screwed over.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if pronger were to come back, i'd take suter or weber over him every single day of the week and twice on monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday

in fact, in his current state, almost every team has a d-man that i would take over pronger.. flyers included (timo)

for fun, cause i dont wanna work:

nyr: i'd say staal if his brother wasn't such a dick..so for now, they dont have one
njd: volchenkov NO!
pitt: letang (even though i hate him) and orpik NO!
isles: streit Never Happen

washington: carlson NO!
carolina: no
tampa: no
florida: no

winnipeg: bogosian, byfuglien MAYBE AND NO!

boston: chara YEA RIGHT!
montreal: i hate subban too much to list him, but.. NO!
buffalo: regehr, myers NO AND NEVER GONNA HAPPEN
ottawa: karlsson NOT IMPRESSIVE
toronto: phaneuf NO,NO, NO.. LILES=YES!

detroit: lidstrom 40+?
chicago: seabrook, keith KIETH YES, NOT GONNA HAPPEN
st louis: not that i can think of-SHATTENKIRK
columbus: no WISNIEWSKI
nashville: suter, weber WAY TOO MUCH ASKIN PRICE

vancouver: hamhuis, bieksa NAY AND NAY
calgary: no, jaybo sucks.
edmonton: no

minnesota: watched them the other night, they have a few young guys makin waves, but not yet
colorado: no O'BYRNE

san jose: burns, boyle NO AND YES
anaheim: fowler NO
la: johnson, doughty NO AND YES
phoenix: yandle is close WONT HAPPEN
dallas: goligoski has been pretty good, but not quite

so 11 teams cant, at least not off the top of my head

FIFY lol..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY lol..

Haha sf you crazy!

You'd take shattenkirk and liles but not burns? And I'd absolutely take lidstrom over pronger. And I know a lot of them won't happen I was just trying to list all the guys that I thought were better than pronger haha

I hate pronger, loathe him in fact, but even I'll say he's better than liles.

And obyrne but not chara? What are you h....

Wait.... You probably are high right now aren't you?

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh I would love Yandle. Or Burns. Or Beauchemin. Or Hjalmarsson. Or Boychuk.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ha i think we all need to step back and take a breath. just because sid has issues doesnt mean giroux will be the same. indefinitely means they cannot say because there is no timetable for these things, he could play thursday if his symptoms cleared up tomorrow. soooo calm down, the flyers will give him a week for sure, i fully expect him back for the classic, in fact i expect him back Wednesday December 21st @ Dallas.

i don't mean to toot my own horn but.........

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't mean to toot my own horn but.........

doh.gif

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha sf you crazy!

You'd take shattenkirk and liles but not burns? And I'd absolutely take lidstrom over pronger. And I know a lot of them won't happen I was just trying to list all the guys that I thought were better than pronger haha

I hate pronger, loathe him in fact, but even I'll say he's better than liles.

And obyrne but not chara? What are you h....

Wait.... You probably are high right now aren't you?

I was actually listing REAL possabilities....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was very shocked that G played last night. Not sure what to think did he come back too soon? How long do you expect a guy to sit if he seems healthy? Hopefully this was a blip on the radar and G will win the scoring title and take this team to the cup this season! Man is he good.....this team goes as he goes.

As for Prongs its really hard to say what will happen. If they believe that he's done you'll see a big trade or if anything someone will be brought in at the deadline that has experience. This team may be good enough as is which is scary....but please don't tell me that Prongs can't help this team if healthy that's ridiculous. Remember when Hatcher only had one leg? He did more than guys with two....