• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giroux has Concussion

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This shit just pisses me off!! They say that he's "continuing to feel better" on December 12th and then the very next fucking day we get this...."Over the past few days, his symptoms have gradually gotten worse. He will be out indefinitely with a concussion."

:censored: :yell: :eek2:

It's enough to drive you fucking berserk.

Now we know to never ever listen to anything Homer says ever again.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who wants to bet they are rushing Bryz and he is actually hurt really badly?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would suck big balls. I know we all don't want to hear this, but if this group can survive this stretch and maintain a solid spot in the standings, I think this team will go far. This is the time when these guys need to stick together and play even better. It starts tonight versus Washington. A tough opponent tonight. Let's see what Flyer team shows up. We they play like the victim? Or will they come out full force and play like they have been playing of late. I hope it's the second.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually heard his lower body injury was actually a broken pinky that turned in to pink eye when he threw up from a stomach bug

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would suck big balls. I know we all don't want to hear this, but if this group can survive this stretch and maintain a solid spot in the standings, I think this team will go far. This is the time when these guys need to stick together and play even better. It starts tonight versus Washington. A tough opponent tonight. Let's see what Flyer team shows up. We they play like the victim? Or will they come out full force and play like they have been playing of late. I hope it's the second.

So far it looks like the Flyers are playing on my 2nd option. Way to go boys! It's so obvious that this team has tons of heart compared to when Mr. Nightclub and his sidekick were here. Hell even Shitty has stayed out of the box and has a SOG tonight.:stevie:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't anyone watch the pre-game stuff?

Anyways, for what his word is worth....Bill Clement said G skated with the team yesterday for about 20 minutes before he started to get a very slight headache. The very fact that they let him skate with the team should be a an indication to all as to the severity of G's symptoms....which (to me anyways) means that G isn't feeling all that twisted up right now and will be back a lot sooner than later.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't anyone watch the pre-game stuff?

Anyways, for what his word is worth....Bill Clement said G skated with the team yesterday for about 20 minutes before he started to get a very slight headache. The very fact that they let him skate with the team should be a an indication to all as to the severity of G's symptoms....which (to me anyways) means that G isn't feeling all that twisted up right now and will be back a lot sooner than later.

I hope you're right. I did read that today under Meltzers blog. Let's hope we don't rush him back and also continue this hot streak. Montreal will be a tough road game tomorrow night. On a sidenote, I am hearing rumors again involving the Flyers and Preds for a Dman. We cannot afford to lose Hartnell now. I'm guilty like the rest who wanted him out. It appears he has found his groove again. So, will it be Weber or Suter, or neither? Who do we give up? Does this happen soon or at the trade deadline?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough one bro. IF they went after anyone at this point it would have to be for a rental, otherwise when Prongs comes back we would have major cap problems and would have to really change the whole complexion of the team, right? So...keeping that in mind, a player like what's being rumored about (on the bleacher report- NHL Trade Rumors: Are the Philadelphia Flyers Talking Trade with the Canadiens? | Bleacher Report) like Campoli or Gill would have to suffice.

I personally do not see Homer doing anything with the way Marshall and Bourdon have been playing, but that's just my lousy 02. How 'bout you?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough one bro. IF they went after anyone at this point it would have to be for a rental, otherwise when Prongs comes back we would have major cap problems and would have to really change the whole complexion of the team, right? So...keeping that in mind, a player like what's being rumored about (on the bleacher report- NHL Trade Rumors: Are the Philadelphia Flyers Talking Trade with the Canadiens? | Bleacher Report) like Campoli or Gill would have to suffice.

I personally do not see Homer doing anything with the way Marshall and Bourdon have been playing, but that's just my lousy 02. How 'bout you?

I would like Gill but Campoli is good also. i dont know if the salary would fit under the cap but i wouldnt mind stealing Streit away from the Isles.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really like Bourdon. More so than Mardhall. Gill would be a nice pickup. He is a big body and plenty of experience.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as Pronger goes, I'm not very optimistic about his return. If we just sit back and play the waiting game for his return, it may not happen. Furthermore, I think Homer has to have something in place before the deadline passes. If Pronger is still out just before the trade deadline, what do we do? Our defense will eventually be worn down and missing our key ingredient to make a run at the cup. The cap is tight for us for sure.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Streit would look real good in O&B huh? lol

Well....as we all know, Homer doesn't like to sit on his hands and stay idol if he feels something needs to happen in a hurry, so.....I guess we'll see soon enough eh brothers?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather wait and see if Pronger is out for the long term or not. I'm definitely not trading Harts right now he's bringing it and will most likely score 30 goals. That divorce must have fucked him up real bad but he's back. I love having him and Simmonds grind the fuck out of teams and you need that in the playoffs.

If Pronger is questionable a short term solution is better as Weber will be a free agrent I'd rather spend the money on him next year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i assume prongs is out forever.. i assumed that in the offseason

that being said, bourdon can play.. i'm perfectly ok with him being our 5th or 6th d-man.. and to be honest, i'm ok with gust being 5th or 6th as well too, he's going to be back soon

that being said, i did have gil on my radar this offseason.. big body for the PK, which the PK is desperately needing IMO.. even when pronger was out there he wasn't playing the part of a big d-man and clearing the crease when rebounds were on the doorstep

i too am eating my words on hartnell.. he's on the 'i wouldn't trade him' list

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, IMO, i dont see the isles moving streit

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i assume prongs is out forever.. i assumed that in the offseason

that being said, bourdon can play.. i'm perfectly ok with him being our 5th or 6th d-man.. and to be honest, i'm ok with gust being 5th or 6th as well too, he's going to be back soon

that being said, i did have gil on my radar this offseason.. big body for the PK, which the PK is desperately needing IMO.. even when pronger was out there he wasn't playing the part of a big d-man and clearing the crease when rebounds were on the doorstep

i too am eating my words on hartnell.. he's on the 'i wouldn't trade him' list
Unfortunately I have to agree with you in regard to Prongs. I don't think he is coming back. I'm seeing rumors flying that Philly and Nashville are in talks about Either Weber or Suter. What sucks is what do we have to give up? We need a solid #1. Pronger in my mind is not coming back this season or maybe ever again.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I have to agree with you in regard to Prongs. I don't think he is coming back. I'm seeing rumors flying that Philly and Nashville are in talks about Either Weber or Suter. What sucks is what do we have to give up? We need a solid #1. Pronger in my mind is not coming back this season or maybe ever again.

Really you guys think Pronger's that messed up? Until I hear something more I'm expecting him back as well as G and Schenn. Schenn's apparently already doing better which is good news.

As for guys like Weber or Suter it would be a tough trade but getting Weber would be worth it even if JVR or Schenn were involved. Ouch...