• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants post game

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 years, he has been here 4. You evaluate RR from his tenure here.
Why????

His entire career should be looked at as a coach. That actually helps your cause.

If we go by what he has done here, he would have had 1 winning season in 4 years. That is awful!

Name another current coach who has 1 winning season in 4 years? If other teams don't tolerate it...why should we?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why????

His entire career should be looked at as a coach. That actually helps your cause.

If we go by what he has done here, he would have had 1 winning season in 4 years. That is awful!

Name another current coach who has 1 winning season in 4 years? If other teams don't tolerate it...why should we?

right, it has been awful. but the hypothetical should save his job.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, no long term perspective.

What indication do you have that winning season would carry over to 2024?

we dont. he would be in his last year of his deal.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean , we aren’t interested in what you THINK might happen or what it will take to stay .

We are asking what you WANT to happen .

Do you want RR around next year ? I don’t want to hear about records , overachieving or nothing . Just do you want him to coach next yr

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean , we aren’t interested in what you THINK might happen or what it will take to stay .

We are asking what you WANT to happen .

Do you want RR around next year ? I don’t want to hear about records , overachieving or nothing . Just do you want him to coach next yr

it depends on what happens this year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting… wonder who’s in charge of making the line calls… Center? QB?

Winner, winner .... I agree Cali. It is a little bit of everything. Duke is going to love this ... ultimately RR is in charge of getting talent and as HC. If he isn't getting what he wants from his coordinators or his players HE has to make that understood.

So many people want to assign blame to a person or the OLine etc. It's a little of everything as duke has been saying that to start and the top and work their way down. Ron is a nice guy and well liked but he doesn't seem to hold anyone accountable.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, it has been awful. but the hypothetical should save his job.
I would hope it wouldn't.

I would hope magic and harris would see the big picture.

For example
2 losing seasons
A .500 season thst should have been a losing season
A winning season

What is the mean and what is the outlier or anomaly here?

My next question would be:
Can harris find a better GM?
Can harris/GM find a better head coach?

If the answer is yes, you have to do it right. Why would we tolerate and accept lesser talent when we can and should do better?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner, winner .... I agree Cali. It is a little bit of everything. Duke is going to love this ... ultimately RR is in charge of getting talent and as HC. If he isn't getting what he wants from his coordinators or his players HE has to make that understood.

So many people want to assign blame to a person or the OLine etc. It's a little of everything as duke has been saying that to start and the top and work their way down. Ron is a nice guy and well liked but he doesn't seem to hold anyone accountable.
You will fix it all once you are the GM...lol
Did you get a follow up interview?

I agree..Rivera is a nice guy and well respected in the league. Not trying to be funny, but I am guessing it was difficult for him to let turner go.

That is coach centric model like we have talked about. It all falls back to the HC in the model.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it depends on what happens this year.
So you are still on the fence about it as you said.
If we lose every game until the bye, should he be fired at the bye?

Do u trust Rivera at the trade deadline?

I think you want a GM right? Do you want harris to hire the head coach or let the GM do that?

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are still on the fence about it as you said.
If we lose every game until the bye, should he be fired at the bye?

Do u trust Rivera at the trade deadline?

I think you want a GM right? Do you want harris to hire the head coach or let the GM do that?

i cant answer that right now. I don't think RR will do anything at the trade deadline. If here is a total house cleaning i would think Harris would hire the GM first.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so quick to defend Rivera? I agree that Dotson should have caught thst but howell didn't make the best throw.

Nobody is blaming Rivera for the dropped ball. The problem is, you don't blame Rivera for anything with this organization.

It's the players fault
It's EBs fault

Anybody but Rivera in your book. The fact that you are still on the fence about Rivera is mind boggling to me. You have never provided a reason.

Best throw…no. Easily catchable yes. SH was also in full speed because he was immediately chased.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best throw…no. Easily catchable yes. SH was also in full speed because he was immediately chased.
Completely agree.

I do not recall.any poster blaming rivera for the dropped pass as Dean claimed.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree.

I do not recall.any poster blaming rivera for the dropped pass as Dean claimed.

but duke RR drafted him, so RR is responsible. You have been saying that all along.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No…we don’t blame RR for a single dropped pass. We blame RR for drafting him and him not producing.

players have to produce. if the players dont produce the team doesn't win.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
players have to produce. if the players dont produce the team doesn't win.

Exactly…and it is up to the GM, scouting department, and coach to make that happen. If the player does not produce, all of these should be looked at and held responsible. If one fails, Ok…when RR has missed on pretty much every pick in his tenure, he needs to be fired before he touches anything else.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but duke RR drafted him, so RR is responsible. You have been saying that all along.
Correct, Rivera did draft him, but I never said Rivera is responsible for a dropped pass. Dotson has been a solid player for the most part. He didn't lose the game for us.

This is part of your game Dean. You blame everyone but Rivera. Like I said, the coach centric model makes it easy when it comes to accountability

If it is the coaches fault for not coaching or implementing the right schemes, it is on Rivera because he made those coaching decisions. Rivera must fire inept coaches and hire skilled ones.

If it is then players fault, that falls on Rivera as well as he made the decision to draft or sign them. Yes, bad plays happen, but if the player is not coachable, lacks talent, or has attitude problems, that is on Rivera.

Again, the coach centric method doesn't work. Another thing, in your world, you never really come up with solutions because you rubber stamp all of riveras decisions. You did say to cut wentz after months of arguing with everyone.

If eb is the main problem, what should be done?
If Howell is the problem, what should be done?
If the OLine is the problem, what should be done.

You literally protect and shield Rivera and that is why everybody is arguing with you.