• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants have added Farhan Zaidi as their new President of Baseball Operations

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Secret agent Ned in reverse.
I've thought of that as well. "Heh, heh, of course we'll give the Giants permission to talk to him. They think he is a brilliant, forward thinking analyst. We know better. We need to 'thank' them for Ned."

I'm not really in the belief that is the case. Just a funny hypothetical situation that is very likely far from reality.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they added J.P. Ricciardi as "senior advisor." FZ is building out his FO.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they added J.P. Ricciardi as "senior advisor." FZ is building out his FO.

I've read that it might be tough for FZ to find a replacement GM this offseason because it's so late. J.P. Ricciardi represents an experienced voice to help along the way, and as Baggs puts it, a guy to help handle the day-to-day work.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't know John Barr left/was fired/re-assigned.

I'm not at all surprised, I think I speculated that Barr was going to be replaced in this thread or the other thread, but I hadn't heard any official word.

This is big time, potentially huge changes to their draft strategy compared to the last 10+ years.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably Zaidi's biggest move of the offseason:

I'll be EXTREMELY curious about his progress. Huge philosophy changes.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a new poster named Frank shows up here . . . make good suggestions.

From a Ph.D. to RBIs: How Farhan Zaidi left Berkeley and became a baseball pioneer
"In his down time in Oakland, when he wasn't writing lengthy, detailed late-night/early-morning treatises advocating for the call-up of then-minor league first baseman Brandon Moss, Zaidi frequented a message board devoted to his favorite NBA team, the Chicago Bulls. Going by Frank -- his Anglicized name, aka his Starbucks name -- Zaidi would suppress a bubbling desire to divulge his true identity as he argued with other anonymous posters about the direction of the team."

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a new poster named Frank shows up here . . . make good suggestions.

From a Ph.D. to RBIs: How Farhan Zaidi left Berkeley and became a baseball pioneer
"In his down time in Oakland, when he wasn't writing lengthy, detailed late-night/early-morning treatises advocating for the call-up of then-minor league first baseman Brandon Moss, Zaidi frequented a message board devoted to his favorite NBA team, the Chicago Bulls. Going by Frank -- his Anglicized name, aka his Starbucks name -- Zaidi would suppress a bubbling desire to divulge his true identity as he argued with other anonymous posters about the direction of the team."
:whistle: