• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants looking to add a high-profile executive

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
secondary market in '18 was pennies on the dollar... i couldn't sell my $65 lower box for more than $20 on several occasions. Often the seats went without an offer and I attended solo. I doubt there will be an uptick in demand in '19 (or '20, and beyond)

parking exists on the other side of mccovey cove. it's the only parking in the area wi/ 4k spots. its full for every game. giants somehow own rights to this waterfront public area and will begin development by removing parking and constructing residential and mixed used commercial space. that's a done deal, the only variable is when they'll start construction.

Giants pick New York developer for Mission Rock project near AT&T Park

without a lot it will discourage non-urban residents from attending. that'll be a reasonable impact on attendance

Your first sentence makes my point: you were asking about the Giants lowering prices; my comment was that the price lowering would come on the secondary market.

I don't know if lack of parking will impact the attendance long-term or not. As I've said, very few people are going to own cars in a decade.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats clearly the way sf transit is going. around the ball park most streets are being redesigned to eliminate parking and to reduce the number of lanes from 4 to either 3 or 2. Unfortunately there has not been a increase in public transportation and unlike NY, there are large swaths of the city not accessible by public transportation

for tourists and 20somethings (who ride bikes/scooters/skateboards) its great... for the rest of us it's crap - (try getting to harding park golf course with your clubs on a skateboard). we already have seen a drop off in out of town social visits over the last decade due to parking. my buddy (a diehard giants fan) lives near the marina and has stopped coming to game due to lack of public transportation, traffic, parking.....

Support for the bolded statement? Other then anecdotal evidence?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not according to most everything I read. Cars will be on demand like most everything else and will be 90% driverless in the City by 2028. Few people will own cars, as they won't need to. Accidents will plummet, insurance will go down, and we will all be able to work/talk/watch the interwebs instead of drive. The revolution will start here in SF.

Yes I red that stuff too, that's the hyped version. In reality most new tech takes longer to get that ubiquitous. Especially something as radical as a complete overhaul of how people drive. It will not be anywhere near 90% driverless in 2028, I doubt even 50%.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your first sentence makes my point: you were asking about the Giants lowering prices; my comment was that the price lowering would come on the secondary market.

I don't know if lack of parking will impact the attendance long-term or not. As I've said, very few people are going to own cars in a decade.

parking is for out of town fans -- no parking and you'll see a drop-off from marin/sonoma/east and south bay

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You said it, doesn't make it so

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the GM search. It will be interesting to see if the Giants make a decision by next week, when the GM meetings commence in Carlsbad. @calsnowskier , can you attend on behalf of the Giants?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the GM search. It will be interesting to see if the Giants make a decision by next week, when the GM meetings commence in Carlsbad. @calsnowskier , can you attend on behalf of the Giants?
Seriously, the GM meetings are in Carlsbad this year? I guess it will be at La Costa?

I had no idea. I am kinda pissed that the Giants didn’t let me know. Almost like they don’t want me there...

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, the GM meetings are in Carlsbad this year? I guess it will be at La Costa?

I had no idea. I am kinda pissed that the Giants didn’t let me know. Almost like they don’t want me there...
Yes, seriously. Now get over there and get things done.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Giants are pretty serious about Farhan Zaidi, the Dodgers' current GM, to become the new Team President. Apparently there's an offer on the table for him, the ball is in his court.

The backup plan is Chaim Bloom, who is currently the Rays President of Baseball Ops. He replaced Andrew Friedman back in 2014, who took the same position with the Dodgers, and hired Zaidi as the GM.

Personally I would be incredibly pleased with either choice, maybe even more-so with Bloom.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Giants are pretty serious about Farhan Zaidi, the Dodgers' current GM, to become the new Team President. Apparently there's an offer on the table for him, the ball is in his court.

The backup plan is Chaim Bloom, who is currently the Rays President of Baseball Ops. He replaced Andrew Friedman back in 2014, who took the same position with the Dodgers, and hired Zaidi as the GM.

Personally I would be incredibly pleased with either choice, maybe even more-so with Bloom.

Bloom could be interesting. The problem is that the one team he continually raped in trades will not be available to him if he becomes the GM/Pres of the Giants.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bloom could be interesting. The problem is that the one team he continually raped in trades will not be available to him if he becomes the GM/Pres of the Giants.

Counter-point, he knows more about the Giants' system than any other candidate (hell, maybe even more than the internal staff).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counter-point, he knows more about the Giants' system than any other candidate (hell, maybe even more than the internal staff).
Not anymore. He already took anything of any value and placed it in the Rays system.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. :kev: