• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants being robbed

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game (Giants @ Packers) in terms of the officiating will be forgotten because the Giants won. But it's one of the worst officiated playoff games I've ever seen.

It rivals the 2 Steeler SB victories in the last decade. The one against the Seahawks was THE worst officiated SB I've ever seen. The one against the Cardinals was almost as bad.

I don't mind the complaining about the 1998 / 1999 Niners playoff win over the Packers because it turned out to be a meaningless win. The Niners lost the next game. Didn't matter if they lost to the Packers or the Falcons; they lost. The Packers may have gotten screwed by the refs; the Niners got screwed by fate (losing BY & Hearst RIGHT at the end of the regular season).

The Niners have been on the other end of that stick before. The Ref's basically stole an NFC Championship victory from the Niners in '83 / '84 against the Redskins.

I agree with that whole heartedly, sir. If the Packers had won...despite apparently not really wanting to...I would felt pretty sick to my stomach.

We've had plenty of calls go against us. The crybaby conspiracy theorists just don't like to talk about it. The Packers of the early 90s couldn't catch a break against the Cowboys and their zebra friends. I don't recall quite as much of that against the 49ers, but that Jerry Rice's momentum was stopped shit is exactly what I am talking about. NO ONE ELSE but Jerry Rice would have been stopped on that play. Go ahead and tell me differently. I see fumbles like that not called dead because of stopped momenum 20 times a year. The 49ers got a gift in that game. As soon as your asshole friends here can admit it, I'll go away.

And I may have had the timing wrong....but I KNOW there was a reception given to Rice in that game when the ball clearly bounced in front of him.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u musta ate some bad cheese this weekend...

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, all I can say is that the Packers must've overdone it on the cheese in their pregame meal, because the whole team played like they were constipated. Fumbles, dropped passes and generally sloppy play - very uncharacteristic of the Pack this year. However, the Giants fans are now all pumped and overconfident that they beat GB at its best, when this is obviously (to an impartial observer) far from the case. Hopefully, the Giants come into the Stick with that same ill-informed confidence.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
My feelings down the stretch this season was that the Packers werent as great as their record indicated. Dont get me wrong they were a very good team, but I thought the Saints were better.

I had a feeling the Giant would beat them.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feelings down the stretch this season was that the Packers werent as great as their record indicated. Dont get me wrong they were a very good team, but I thought the Saints were better.

I had a feeling the Giant would beat them.

I never felt great about the season. I was really proud of how the passing game stayed at such a high level, but it's hard to stay on top. The defense, for various reasons, was just not the same as it was during the Superbowl run. We needed Cullen Jenkins, and losing Nick Collins was terrible.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me more about how we were too young to remember the bounced pass.

I honestly can't recall that play.

Why would you? Your team didn't get screwed, and it was the Packers, so obviously all the calls went our way. I guess I should have bought TIVO in 98. Sorry bro.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I never felt great about the season. I was really proud of how the passing game stayed at such a high level, but it's hard to stay on top. The defense, for various reasons, was just not the same as it was during the Superbowl run. We needed Cullen Jenkins, and losing Nick Collins was terrible.

Yea yall were hot at first but by the late part of the season had cooled off I felt. And thats the thing, anymore its about getting hot at the right time. It happened for you guys last year and this year it just didnt work out.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would you? Your team didn't get screwed, and it was the Packers, so obviously all the calls went our way. I guess I should have bought TIVO in 98. Sorry bro.

Come on, you came over here and talked shit accusing people of not remembering a specific play because they were too young and it turns out the play you mentioned never happened. That is a funny fuck up, no?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We needed Cullen Jenkins, and losing Nick Collins was terrible.

True. That D was't the same without him. I also don't think Jennings was 100%. He didn't play like it. I don't care how well Rodgers was playing; missing out on his usual probowl caliber play hurts a lot.

Finley didn't have a very good game either.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit. The refs gave you the game. That's what I remember.

I'm guessing you give a shit otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up. And like others have posted, the Packers benefited from some terrible calls back then too as did the Niners, which you stated. You know who else benefited from shaky officiating? Every other team in the NFL. Just like every team has been hurt by bad officiating. Perhaps your memory of the one-sided nature of the officiating favoring the Niners, Cowboys, etc back then isn't all that great. One of those memories has already been proven to be completely and laughably wrong. So maybe those other memories from the 80s and 90s when you "lived and breathed football" have the same level of accuracy.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, apparently Bill Levy is the same douchebag who handed the Steelers the Super Bowl against the Seahawks.

If the NFL doesn't fire the guy, he should definitely never officiate a Packers or Steelers game again... he is obviously single-handedly trying to get these teams wins.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, you came over here and talked shit accusing people of not remembering a specific play because they were too young and it turns out the play you mentioned never happened. That is a funny fuck up, no?

It's classic! He was a good poster until that shitstorm.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you give a shit otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up. And like others have posted, the Packers benefited from some terrible calls back then too as did the Niners, which you stated. You know who else benefited from shaky officiating? Every other team in the NFL. Just like every team has been hurt by bad officiating. Perhaps your memory of the one-sided nature of the officiating favoring the Niners, Cowboys, etc back then isn't all that great. One of those memories has already been proven to be completely and laughably wrong. So maybe those other memories from the 80s and 90s when you "lived and breathed football" have the same level of accuracy.

Now THAT is pwnage....