• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants being robbed

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are also a lunatic. They also gave the Giants a first down they weren't even close to. Snee was holding the whole game and got away with most of it. Jesus Christ the Packers hatred in this forum makes me want to beat the shit out of you guys.

Suuuuure, tough guy.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. I guess I could sit around looking for articles about bad calls that went the 49ers way......but everybody who watched football in the 80s and 90s is already aware of it. It'd be kind of like telling everyone what color the sky is. Keep up the delusion boys!!

Here's the deal.... every team gets calls and every fan base thinks other teams get more calls. Saints fans were fuming about the refs handing the game to the Niners when the Saints were called for 0 penalties. Its the Joe Buck effect. People, especially Philly fans, think Joe Buck is completely bias against their team. But they asked a bunch of fans from both teams playing in a game, and both sides overwhelmingly thought he was against their team. How can that be?? Teams get calls on both sides, and in the end it all equals out. There are times the refs are really bad, but the games are won and lost over 60 minutes of football, not from one "bad" call.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you really go over to the Packers board and talk shit or is he exagerating? If you did, shame on you; if not shame on him.

I didn't talk shit. The title was Good Game Fellas

Then I said, "Thanks for trolling our gameday thread for the Saints game and wishing us well, I guess the road to the Super Bowl without the Saints wasn't as easy as you thought it would be"

Was it rude?? Sure I guess so, about as rude as Packers fans rooting for the 49ers because they thought the 49ers would be an easy win...

Is he touchy because he was certain the Packers would never lose again? Yes.

If that constitutes trolling these days, wow...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That game (Giants @ Packers) in terms of the officiating will be forgotten because the Giants won. But it's one of the worst officiated playoff games I've ever seen.

It rivals the 2 Steeler SB victories in the last decade. The one against the Seahawks was THE worst officiated SB I've ever seen. The one against the Cardinals was almost as bad.

I don't mind the complaining about the 1998 / 1999 Niners playoff win over the Packers because it turned out to be a meaningless win. The Niners lost the next game. Didn't matter if they lost to the Packers or the Falcons; they lost. The Packers may have gotten screwed by the refs; the Niners got screwed by fate (losing BY & Hearst RIGHT at the end of the regular season).

The Niners have been on the other end of that stick before. The Ref's basically stole an NFC Championship victory from the Niners in '83 / '84 against the Redskins.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That game (Giants @ Packers) in terms of the officiating will be forgotten because the Giants won. But it's one of the worst officiated playoff games I've ever seen.

It rivals the 2 Steeler SB victories in the last decade. The one against the Seahawks was THE worst officiated SB I've ever seen. The one against the Cardinals was almost as bad.

I don't mind the complaining about the 1998 / 1999 Niners playoff win over the Packers because it turned out to be a meaningless win. The Niners lost the next game. Didn't matter if they lost to the Packers or the Falcons; they lost. The Packers may have gotten screwed by the refs; the Niners got screwed by fate (losing BY & Hearst RIGHT at the end of the regular season).

The Niners have been on the other end of that stick before. The Ref's basically stole an NFC Championship victory from the Niners in '83 / '84 against the Redskins.

The phantom PI call - I was wondering when that was going to make an appearance in this thread...

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FWIW...IMO, nobody in the history of sports got more screwed by a bad call or bad calls than the Seahawks...

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everytime i watch a Packer game it always seems they get the calls their way. 2 of my best friends are packer fans and they were even agreeing with me this year that they were getting a lot of calls their way. Oh well, no matter now they are out.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Everytime i watch a Packer game it always seems they get the calls their way.

A ref' sees that hideous Green & yellow and they turn into one of those cartoon characters who gets shot with a cupid arrow. Same with Steeler black & gold.

They didn't know what to do with themselves last year when the Steelers & Packers played in the Superbowl.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't talk shit. The title was Good Game Fellas

Then I said, "Thanks for trolling our gameday thread for the Saints game and wishing us well, I guess the road to the Super Bowl without the Saints wasn't as easy as you thought it would be"

Was it rude?? Sure I guess so, about as rude as Packers fans rooting for the 49ers because they thought the 49ers would be an easy win...

Is he touchy because he was certain the Packers would never lose again? Yes.

If that constitutes trolling these days, wow...

Some people take this way too seriously. I just think its unwise to go to other boards if your goal is to poke them when they've lost and rudeness to me is never acceptable if done purposely. I can't judge you though; I've never had any objection to your postings on this board.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea. I guess I could sit around looking for articles about bad calls that went the 49ers way......but everybody who watched football in the 80s and 90s is already aware of it. It'd be kind of like telling everyone what color the sky is. Keep up the delusion boys!!

Translation: I got pwnd. I don't have to "sit around looking for articles....I was AT THE FUCKING GAME." It was the worst call I've ever seen, and it gave the Snackers the home field advantage in the playoffs.

Beat it, cheez whiz, and take those stinky kurds with you.

It's big boy football now; lil' packies are not invited.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FWIW...IMO, nobody in the history of sports got more screwed by a bad call or bad calls than the Seahawks...

How 'bout the Raiders? The times they got screwed even have names that are well known in the lexicon of pro football Like "the tuck" play or "the immaculate reception". Both royal screwings for the Raiders.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Like "the tuck" play or "the immaculate reception". Both royal screwings for the Raiders.

And both totally legit because the "tuck rule" was a rule back then. So it wasn't them being "screwed," it was the right call.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So officiating a play exactly how the rule is written is your definition of a "bullshit call?" And how the crap was the "immaculate reception" a "bullshit call?"

The immaculate reception should be obvious. In those days if the ball hit an offensive player, as it clearly did Frenchy Fugqua, another offensive player cannot grab it out of the air and run with it. As for the Tuck BS, that play happens all the time and was never called ever that I know of until it came up to stop a Raider victory. Now they have to call it in order to cover up the intentional screwing of the Raiders.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The immaculate reception should be obvious. In those days if the ball hit an offensive player, as it clearly did Frenchy Fugqua, another offensive player cannot grab it out of the air and run with it.

Except for the fact the ball bounced off a Raider. I didn't know that was a rule, but it's a moot point.

As for the Tuck BS, that play happens all the time and was never called ever that I know of until it came up to stop a Raider victory. Now they have to call it in order to cover up the intentional screwing of the Raiders.

So because YOU don't know of any other times it was "called" (or not called to be more precise) then the ref's should've made the wrong call in the AFC Championship game too. Great logic.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Mozart'sGhost
The immaculate reception should be obvious. In those days if the ball hit an offensive player, as it clearly did Frenchy Fugqua, another offensive player cannot grab it out of the air and run with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart'sGhost
As for the Tuck BS, that play happens all the time and was never called ever that I know of until it came up to stop a Raider victory. Now they have to call it in order to cover up the intentional screwing of the Raiders.

So because YOU don't know of any other times it was "called" (or not called to be more precise) then the ref's should've made the wrong call in the AFC Championship game too. Great logic.

The above bolded are classic Nolanisms...first, there is no definitive replay that shows which player the immaculate reception bounced off of -- there is only one camera angle and it's far from conclusive:

Second, the "tuck rule" was a rule as you point out that was a legitimate rule on the books at the time it was called. Further, when the NFL's Competition Committee re-examined the rule after the 2001-2002 season, they made no changes to the rule. The tuck rule also was enforced in the NFL playoff game on January 9, 2011 between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Baltimore Ravens; funny that the Wayduhs weren't even involved.

More to the point: how can ANYONE be fan of the Niners and duh wayduhs? Answer: Nobody can. Further proof that Nolan is merely a concern troll and not a real Niner fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: I got pwnd. I don't have to "sit around looking for articles....I was AT THE FUCKING GAME." It was the worst call I've ever seen, and it gave the Snackers the home field advantage in the playoffs.

Beat it, cheez whiz, and take those stinky kurds with you.

It's big boy football now; lil' packies are not invited.

Because you came up with one call? You are a ridiculous human being. Once again. I lived and breathed football in the 80s and 90s. I hear a lot of talk about the Steelers and the Packers. IMO, nobody got handed more pats on the back and more calls than Joe Montana, Steve Young, Bill Walsh, Jerry Rice, Troy Aikman, Michael Irving, and Emmit Smith.

Big boy football. LOL. Win a Super Bowl this century first.