• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting to know your fellow SportsHoopla posters

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 45 years old and married with two children. I live in Denton, Texas and am a Real Estate Broker. I love NFL and college football plus enjoy listening to country music and classic rock. I'm also a Dallas Cowboys season ticket holder.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi my name is Ed. I am not an alcoholic. I am short but my kids and midgets think im tall. Some people think Im fat but Im actually not.(no photo requests please) Im not sure what ethnicity my writing style emulates. I suffer from a Napoleonic complex but its getting better with age. I was born in the murder capitol of the world Flint Mi, but Ive never killed anyone, I have killed a deer though, I aint no wuss. Ive lived in Tampa for 6 years...its way better here than most places except for all the Spanish mumbo jumbo..this is America, speak English for god's sake. I am also in a long term relationship with a man..his name is Jesus Christ. I love the lord, if loving the lord is wrong...I dont wanna be right. Im a Construction Superintendent..but that doesnt define me. Ive built some amazing structures US Centcom and the KFC YUM arena being the crown jewels of my resume. I think Obama is the Matt Millen of Presidents and oops sorry I voted for him(Matt Millen GM not Matt Millen LB). My bad guys. Can I get a mulligan on that one? I think the Lions will win the Super Bowl this year...Stafford will throw for 50 TD's. I think punctuation is important. Let's eat Grandma. Let's eat, Grandma. See what I mean.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk when we see each other. No BS.

Max, you can bank on us talking plenty next time we see each other. (Rita often teases me on how much I pick your brain when we hang out. ). Looking forward to it my friend!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that many of you have already met but for those of us that havent, Its interesting to me to know the demographics of a person I chat with online. Ive been chatting with you all for six years now. So whatever you feel like sharing so we can get to know you better, age, race, occupation, where you are from, university you went to, music you like, political affiliation, hobbies etc. so without further ado,

I'm 32, live in Holland, caucasian, in a long term relationship with a man, graduated from GVSU obviously. I love poker, euchre, and sharks. Football is my favorite sport to watch and play, although I like to follow baseball closer (stats and stuff). When most people meet me, they comment on my height (which gets old and I still dont have a good comeback for). I'm 6-5. I think lionspot said he was 6-7 or something. Anyhow if this thread picks up, I'll add more. Btw when I first started chatting here I thought tpaul, 22 cents, and lionstop were black just based on their typing style. What are some preconceptions you all had about other posters?

I'm trying to figure this out. I don't mean to be insensitive or anything, but you've been 6-5 for what, 15 years now? Now I don't have an imagination for shit, but I think I could come up with something in 15 years.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that many of you have already met but for those of us that havent, Its interesting to me to know the demographics of a person I chat with online. Ive been chatting with you all for six years now. So whatever you feel like sharing so we can get to know you better, age, race, occupation, where you are from, university you went to, music you like, political affiliation, hobbies etc. so without further ado,

I'm 32, live in Holland, caucasian, in a long term relationship with a man, graduated from GVSU obviously. I love poker, euchre, and sharks. Football is my favorite sport to watch and play, although I like to follow baseball closer (stats and stuff). When most people meet me, they comment on my height (which gets old and I still dont have a good comeback for). I'm 6-5. I think lionspot said he was 6-7 or something. Anyhow if this thread picks up, I'll add more. Btw when I first started chatting here I thought tpaul, 22 cents, and lionstop were black just based on their typing style. What are some preconceptions you all had about other posters?
Is everyone in Holland giants? We just had a couple of sales consultants in the office the other day from a company in Holland (don't remember the company name, they design air filtration systems) and they both looked like former college basketball players. They were a solid 6'6" each.

As for the other part, I'm only black form the waist down. :nod::lol:

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is everyone in Holland giants? We just had a couple of sales consultants in the office the other day from a company in Holland (don't remember the company name, they design air filtration systems) and they both looked like former college basketball players. They were a solid 6'6" each.

And loves everything rainbow from the waist up.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think black people everywhere are horrified to be associated with Tpaul.

White, middle 40s. 6-2, married for 20 years, 2 kids. Masters in engineering, lead a business unit for a global manufacturer. Born and raised in Canada, live in St. Louis now and like it. Enjoy all sports, though until you made the comment about a relationship with a man I had always wondered why they had men's tennis and beach volleyball. Politically dead-center, and thought that Lionstop was 7-1 of Chinese man.

You watch it there buddy- beach volleyball is the shit. Beers and sand and sun, fun as shit to play... love me some volleyball. It's more fun on the sand because it doesn't hurt nearly as bad to go diving around in.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
43, white male, single never been married no kids that I'm aware of. Army brat born in Alma, MI but lived all over the U.S. Joined the military after my old man retired. Spent 10 years in the service moved south to TN to be closer to my sister and her family. Semi Retired School Bus driver. It gets me out of the house for a few hours a day. Die hard Lions fan first and foremost but follow the Seahawks as well. Big fan of Wolverines football (stunk it up last week) MSU basketball, Wings and Tigers.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where to start?

I'm 28, and even 6'0", starting to get an alarming gut- probably gonna have to start that exercise thing here soon. Married for 5 years, no kids, two dogs, and a cat. Got an associates in drafting and design, another associates in creative writing, and my ASE certification in auto body repair and re-finish (that's what happens when you go to college for 7 years and change majors 15 times); currently working on a BA in secondary education EN. I'm a detail draftsman by trade, but I've also moon-lighted as a construction tech teacher and a drafting teacher for two different semesters while the regular teacher was on sabbatical. I once stapled my hand directly to the sheeting while we were laying a roof in the construction class, had to pull the staple back out with pliers. Kids thought it was fucking hilarious.

I tend to vote liberal because that's what's in my best interest as an aspiring teacher (wife, mom, both sisters and brother in law are all teachers as well), but I'm completely disenchanted with our broken two-party political system. I'd love to consider myself a moderate in that department, if only there was a moderate party to vote for. I'm pretty spiritual, I suppose. I certainly believe in God, but I don't believe that modern deistic religions (Christianity, Islam, etc...) have it quite right. I think (and this is purely 100% just my opinion) that the whole "God created us in his image" thing is awfully narcissistic. But I also think that organized religion tends to make people better people on the whole, so there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a religious person. I'm very tolerant of other's views and beliefs, spiritually, sexually, and religiously- to each their own, provided that those beliefs aren't inherently intolerant of others. I don't think any of us are fit to pass judgement on another simply because they walk a different path than we do. I also think racism is about the stupidest thing ever- it just doesn't add up for me.

As for my personal hobbies I love rainbows, kool aid, and cornbread. I'm also an avid fisherman, and like to hunt, but am very conflicted on killing things. I only kill an animal for food nowadays- if I'm not going to eat it, I don't think I have a right to take it's life. I used to trap, and still do in animal control situations (coyote problems, mostly, and also beaver damage (flooded roads, yards, etc.) but I don't have the stomach to trap recreationally any more. Seeing the terror in a trapped animals eyes as it's fighting for it's life is too much for me to handle. I love fast cars of all kinds, but 1980's and 1990's Japanese spots cars are my favorite. Additionally I'm into carpentry, I love making furniture, but my shop is an hour and a half from where I live now, so I don't get to do that as much as I'd like. As for sports I play softball and volleyball regularly, and I like to play hockey, but I'm a turrible skater. I'm also a pretty gifted florist, which is pretty unusual for a straight white male, but I cam by it pretty honestly- my dad runs a cut-flower farm, so I've been around them my whole life. I still do a few weddings a summer, but it's more of a hobby than a business.

My dream is to be a high school English and drafting teacher while running a reclaimed materials business (barn lumber, vintage hardware, aqua logging, filed stone, etc...) business on the side. I'm almost there- 'bout two years of school left on the teacher part. The salvage business is already starting to come along- my buddy (business partner, I suppose) and I sold about 35 tons of sorted field stone this summer. You would not believe the profit in field- the stone is free and we have an unlimited supply in our area- surprisingly lucrative.

And I know GVSU and I get into it, but putting out there that he's been in a long-term relationship with another man on a message board full of dudes takes real guts. Good for you man and I honestly respect the hell out of you for having the cojones to be who you are and not worry about what others think. That's truly impressive in my book.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree on your last paragraph.

Most of the time, I believe too much "pretend testosterone" gets thrown around in here. Yeah, I know plenty in here probably are tough but the actual writing of said action is middle-school mentality, JMHO.

I just let sheit roll off my shoulder most of the time

Great post TP

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 45 years old and married with two children. I live in Denton, Texas and am a Real Estate Broker. I love NFL and college football plus enjoy listening to country music and classic rock. I'm also a Dallas Cowboys season ticket holder.

That took a lot of courage to share in public.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
44 White male. I was born in Smithfield VA and raised in Va Beach, got transferred to MI about 7-8 years ago with Ford. Because I grew up in an area without any Major sports my teams are all over the place.

Yankees family tradition(sp), grew up on stories of the Norfolk Tars while attending Tides games with my Grandmother

Penguins Youth hockey team was called the Penguins and our coach was from Pittsburgh

UVA Ralph Sampson

Lions late 70s I rooted for the 3 teams that had blue and silver jerseys and the Dolphins until I got a 78 Greg Landry card been a Lions fan ever since.

Other then that I love my dogs (who enjoy eating homeless housecats if anybody knows where I can find some), baseball, my card collection, and sharks. My wife decided on living just outside Ann Arbor, because they gave us a discount on our house because of the smell in the air. I told her we could get a house somewhere else, but she said she didn't mine as long as I never go to the Big Outhouse.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watch it there buddy- beach volleyball is the shit. Beers and sand and sun, fun as shit to play... love me some volleyball. It's more fun on the sand because it doesn't hurt nearly as bad to go diving around in.

Nobody said it wasn't fun, but why the hell show it on television? We can all appreciate women's tennis and volleyball.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
37 yr old white dude. 5'8". Divorced. Lived in upstate NY all my life. Spent a decade in the restaurant biz (including running one by the time i was 23) After that went into warehouse work ....shipping,receiving and inventory control are my thing. Also spent 6 yrs in the sales dept. for the local Pepsi distro center. I have 2 kids a teenage daughter (hence my avi) and a nine yr old boy whose current addiction is pro wrestling. I'm still trying to put my life back together after the divorce. My ex wiped the floor with me. Eh good for her I guess. I find that I'm more attracted to women of color or at least have that good italian complexion. I love the Lions even when they piss me off.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn yankee i didnt know you were from the tidewater. i am living in windsor born here too.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn yankee i didnt know you were from the tidewater. i am living in windsor born here too.

Windsor, Wakefield, and Waverly the W's is what we would call them driving up to Farmville. My family has been in that area so long I can trace the family tree to the founders of Gates County.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 year old honkey. In the last year and a half I got married, had a kid, bought a house(I miss you bachelor pad with 2.8% interest!), and acquired 3 dogs and 2 cats. Grew up in Montana, Lions fan because of Barry Sanders. Bachelors degree in Computer Networking. I am an Exchange Administrator. Love basketball and football during basketballs offseason.

Fuck BYU for having a Thursday night game and ruining my basketball game this week

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 year old honkey. In the last year and a half I got married, had a kid, bought a house(I miss you bachelor pad with 2.8% interest!), and acquired 3 dogs and 2 cats. Grew up in Montana, Lions fan because of Barry Sanders. Bachelors degree in Computer Networking. I am an Exchange Administrator. Love basketball and football during basketballs offseason.

Fuck BYU for having a Thursday night game and ruining my basketball game this week

And now I'm a Mebert fan.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The damn dirty Dutch are the tallest people in the world.

No foolin'.

(It's gotta be the shoes....)