• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GET A FREAKIN' GOALIE!!

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At this point, they've lost three games due to goaltending (Miller stole two, Boucher blew one). So if the Sabres accidentally win one of the other four games, the Flyers will lose the series.

I can't take this anymore. We went into the season with two backup goaltenders. We should all have expected this to happen. If not in the first round, then at some point.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get it man... bobsky and bouch looked great for you guys (for the most part) all season. I havent really gotten to watch much of this series... Can Sergei just not handle the post season play?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning brothers.

{ IN MY OPINION } Bob, Boosh and Leighton are all backup goalies. None of them can be counted on to carry or steal a game consistently. Yes....they have their moments, but not one of these guys are the type of goalie to take the Flyer's all the way to the promised land.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good morning brothers.

{ IN MY OPINION } Bob, Boosh and Leighton are all backup goalies. None of them can be counted on to carry or steal a game consistently. Yes....they have their moments, but not one of these guys are the type of goalie to take the Flyer's all the way to the promised land.

That appears to be true, however, I'm not ready to give up on Leighton. He still has a chance to do something great. He did lead us to the finals last season and stopped 20 of 21 shots against last night, which allowed us to storm back and tie it. The game winner was not his fault. Carle has to either intercept the pass or cover his man at the far post.

Leighton can still win this series for us. If he continues to be solid from here on out and doesn't allow the soft goals, I like our chances, with or without Pronger. I will honestly be surprised if the series doesn't go seven games.

We're just due some lucky bounces. We've lost too many tight one goal games in which nothing has gone our way offensively despite getting quite a bit of pressure. By my calculations, we should be the first team in the series to legitimately win by multiple goals in game six if we just get a few of those bounces to go our way finally...lol

To a lesser extent obviously, I feel the way now that I did when we trailed Boston 0-3. Our time is yet to come.

Last edited by a moderator:

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Leighton and BOosh are journeyman that can get hot. Or implode. As both have done frequently. Bob could be the goalie of the future, but he isn't ready for playoff hockey. So basically the Flyers relied all season on a goalie that is too young and foreign to the NHL game to win a Cup, and a journeyman.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Boosh will be back in net tomorrow which I am not happy about. I dont know how you allow those type of goals. Would like to see BOB out there for game 6 honestly.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i really don't even know what to say at this point. i thought the method was good, bringing in great young prospects (bob, riopel, backlund, ect) and using journeymen goalies while they take 2-3 years to develop, since our team is young. but the bottom line is... we need to stop fooling around, we need a goalie, now. pronger, timonen, and briere are only getting older. our window with this team is closing, rapidly. i still think we can come back and win this series and make a deep run, but if that doesn't happen, i think we need to give this team 1-2 years to get a slightly new look. in 2 year the leaders will be mez and coburn on D and JVR and giroux on offense. and im ok with that in the future. its just sucks seeing such a talented team being so futile on the powerplay and facing a first round exit. through the first half of the season everyone, including non flyer fans really thought that this was our year...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavy didn't put Bob back in to redeem himself after game 3 so I'm not sure if he'd put Bouch in to redeem himself for game 6.....but at this point I have no idea what the guy will do. Just looked like Bouch was chomping at the bit and in reality if he is your starter you should play him. Although I'd put him on a short leash if there's two bad goals to start see ya....hopefully that doesn't kill ya.

Overall you can't write Bob off as the goalie of the future he had a fantastic rookie year and was asked to do more than anyone expected. Even still he had one bad period and didn't get a shot to redeem himself in the next game like every other starter does. Has luongo, rolly, bryzgalov, etc...all been lights out so far in the playoffs? Of course not but every one of them was given multiple chances to find their game...meanwhile Bob was sent to the press box and none of us will never know how he would have reacted in this series. I can't see him letting in those 2 horrible goals last night that's for sure...

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boosh had two horrible goals, not bad goals. Leighton's rebound into the slot to an open Sabre was a bad goal. Neither were saviors... ANd I am pretty sure Bob is done for the playoffs. He admitted to being mentally shaken.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leights should be the guy -- although I have a sinking suspicion that Lavi will start Boosh.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Leighton is a journeyman. As he showed today, he is not the answer. I am a Boosh guy, but I know he isn't the answer either. I don't understand the continual support for Leighton, on this board, at games, on the radio... He has succeeded nowhere, let in the worst Cup winning goal ever, lied to the team about an injury to get re-signed, played well enough to be the tenth best AHL goalie this year, let in a bad OT goal in game 5, and sucked in game 6.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ARE YOU KIDDING ME...FUCKING BOSTON FLYERS...GET ANY AIR TIME...LMFAO...BOOSH IS A BACK UP ENOUGH SAID THE KID IS SECOND ALL TIME IN FLYERS HISTORY WITH WINS!!! I WILL BE THE FIRST TO SAY I BLEW THE CALL WITH JVR...DONT DO IT WITH BOB...NOW KILL THIS FING BOGUS THREAD///

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the right call at the time. Sometimes the right call backfires.

...and most of the time I am right except when I am wrong. :becky:

I wanted him to start too. I never figured he would basically try to throw the game, you know??

Damn, he sucked. :mad2:

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and most of the time I am right except when I am wrong. :becky:

I wanted him to start too. I never figured he would basically try to throw the game, you know??

Damn, he sucked. :mad2:

Yeah, he was bad. I was expecting more from a guy they said was "dominant" in practice over the last week.