• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gerhart Tidbit

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Cincinnati fan. Of course I'm a hater. The last time the Bengals won a playoff game I didn't even have pubes.

Since their last playoff win I've had my first HJ, BJ, sex, graduated Jr High, High, 2 yr technical, College, got married, bought a house, had a kid, got divorced, started my own business, got re-married, addicted to tobacco and booze! And I'm a hater?! Nah. They owe me! Fuck 'em!

But seriously....I have several friends who are ex players. Cincinnati is a tight knit community. And I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I know what I'm talking about.

I lol'd

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Cincinnati fan. Of course I'm a hater. The last time the Bengals won a playoff game I didn't even have pubes.

Since their last playoff win I've had my first HJ, BJ, sex, graduated Jr High, High, 2 yr technical, College, got married, bought a house, had a kid, got divorced, started my own business, got re-married, addicted to tobacco and booze! And I'm a hater?! Nah. They owe me! Fuck 'em!

But seriously....I have several friends who are ex players. Cincinnati is a tight knit community. And I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I know what I'm talking about.

I lol'ed also. .. but am biting my tongue in an effort to keep it from escalating in regards to that last comment

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lol'ed also. .. but am biting my tongue in an effort to keep it from escalating in regards to that last comment

Debate me! He's saying there's a way to evaluate these meatheads to a particular degree that outweighs or at the very least substantiates a tiny bit of hope that they're distinguishable based on other traits besides on field merit alone. I call BS. They're absolute morons. The whole lot of them save for a very slim minority.So, go ahead. This should be fun! I'll keep it civil and fun.

I'm also getting drunk. So, that adds to the fun.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.. don't think so. ..I already had enough "fun" "debating" Foot.
If you're looking for what I'm talking abou, and what he's talking about . . Revisit that Ball vs Gio thread, and I'll leave it at that.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kramer after hearing that I don't blame you for being a hater.

Let's debate the penis size thing. ..we can have a good laugh and forget about IQ's, idiots, and all that

Treff I hate to tell you this buddy but size does matter pal!

Just kidding, but tlance I believe in that stuff so much bro. I have always been fascinated with how the mind works and how it can work against itself.

Just watched the best movie ever. I am ranking it number one this year, but I don't have the stats to back it up, but the actors were very psychologically emotional! It is called "Best Offer" and all kidding a side it was pretty great. I really do recommend, now let's put this thread to bed!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kramer after hearing that I don't blame you for being a hater.

Treff I hate to tell you this buddy but size does matter pal!

Just kidding, but tlance I believe in that stuff so much bro. I have always been fascinated with how the mind works and how it can work against itself.

Just watched the best movie ever. I am ranking it number one this year, but I don't have the stats to back it up, but the actors were very psychologically emotional! It is called "Best Offer" and all kidding a side it was pretty great. I really do recommend, now let's put this thread to bed!

"Best Offer" Staring Lamar Miller, Brandon Tate and Jeff Demps with special appearences by Toby Gerhart and Dr. Scholls.............
/thread

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Best Offer" Staring Lamar Miller, Brandon Tate and Jeff Demps with special appearences by Toby Gerhart and Dr. Scholls.............
/thread

LOL @ Brandon Tate. Kill me now. How is that son of a bitch still in the league?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debate me! He's saying there's a way to evaluate these meatheads to a particular degree that outweighs or at the very least substantiates a tiny bit of hope that they're distinguishable based on other traits besides on field merit alone. I call BS. They're absolute morons. The whole lot of them save for a very slim minority.So, go ahead. This should be fun! I'll keep it civil and fun.

I'm also getting drunk. So, that adds to the fun.

First of all, ability to process and react to visual stimuli and intelligence are NOT the same and it is absolutely is important. There is a reason why some players always seem to be in the right place at the right time and it is because of their ability to make quick decisions.

Second, somebody with a high IQ does not necessarily have the ability to process and react to stimuli quickly and efficiently. Regardless of what your IQ may be, that does not mean that you have the ability to react quickly. Top athletes do. Some athletes who have tremendous "sports sense" also have lower IQs. Some have very high IQs, but there is not necessarily a correlation.

Third, regardless of what you think you know, there is a tremendous mental component to every sport and football is no different. There are plenty of highly intelligent people playing in the NFL, and they are not all QBs. Just because you have heard a couple second hand stories and claim to know a couple athletes who you claim to be dummies does not make your prospective true. Based on your interactions with many in this forum, you strike me as the type of person who assumes everyone else is beneath you before even giving them a chance. This alone makes your judgement on an athlete's intelligence completely irrelevant.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, ability to process and react to visual stimuli and intelligence are NOT the same and it is absolutely is important. There is a reason why some players always seem to be in the right place at the right time and it is because of their ability to make quick decisions.

Second, somebody with a high IQ does not necessarily have the ability to process and react to stimuli quickly and efficiently. Regardless of what your IQ may be, that does not mean that you have the ability to react quickly. Top athletes do. Some athletes who have tremendous "sports sense" also have lower IQs. Some have very high IQs, but there is not necessarily a correlation.

Third, regardless of what you think you know, there is a tremendous mental component to every sport and football is no different. There are plenty of highly intelligent people playing in the NFL, and they are not all QBs. Just because you have heard a couple second hand stories and claim to know a couple athletes who you claim to be dummies does not make your prospective true. Based on your interactions with many in this forum, you strike me as the type of person who assumes everyone else is beneath you before even giving them a chance. This alone makes your judgement on an athlete's intelligence completely irrelevant.

I agree with you in that I assume everyone is beneath me in intelligence until proven otherwise.

I disagree with everything you wrote there, though. We'll agree to disagree. These guys are mostly scum. Mostly stupid. Mostly brain dead. Mostly retarded. No amount of testing we'll be able to discern one from the other. If so, it would have came about years ago.

I agree the wonderlic is bullshit to a certain extent, though. So, we have a common ground there.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words.....physical ability. Plain and simple. Some people are just better football players. Couple that with speed and a big size and you got Burfict. Just dead speed and you got Devin Hester.

Neither one can spell their own name in 3 tries.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, Burfict was being projected as a top LB before his last year of college, where he let the "I'm going to the NFL, so fuck y'all" mentality creep in at Arizona State. Off field issues coupled with undisciplined, often times uninterested on-field play, turned him into a could've been.

Lewis was smart enough to take a shot on him, but don't think that ol'Marv was the only coach interested. He's just the only one that could talk his front office into giving the guy a chance. That is the Bengals motto, right?

Fucked up your chances at becoming a pro? Come to Cincy, but beware - you can still find drugs and strip clubs here too!

If physical ability was all that mattered, then all of those work-out wonders would be all-pros. But unfortunately, there is a mental aspect to the pro-level game. Everybody that makes it to the pros is a top athlete, the ones that can make the right decisions quickly are the ones that rise to the top at that level.

So saying that someone who claims to be able to accurately assess someone's decision making process won't be useful to pro and college sports teams seems like you are being way too quick to put someone else's ideas down. Of course there will be exceptions, there are to any kind of test that has its main purpose set on categorizing human beings.

And Foot - DAMN YOU!!! (my index finger is about a half inch longer than my pointer, and only about a quarter inch smaller than my middle finger)

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monkey that's good thing bro! Means you are a testosterone freak and are very competitive like me! :)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you in that I assume everyone is beneath me in intelligence until proven otherwise.
That would make you easy to outwit.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, Burfict was being projected as a top LB before his last year of college, where he let the "I'm going to the NFL, so fuck y'all" mentality creep in at Arizona State. Off field issues coupled with undisciplined, often times uninterested on-field play, turned him into a could've been.

Lewis was smart enough to take a shot on him, but don't think that ol'Marv was the only coach interested. He's just the only one that could talk his front office into giving the guy a chance. That is the Bengals motto, right?

Fucked up your chances at becoming a pro? Come to Cincy, but beware - you can still find drugs and strip clubs here too!

If physical ability was all that mattered, then all of those work-out wonders would be all-pros. But unfortunately, there is a mental aspect to the pro-level game. Everybody that makes it to the pros is a top athlete, the ones that can make the right decisions quickly are the ones that rise to the top at that level.

So saying that someone who claims to be able to accurately assess someone's decision making process won't be useful to pro and college sports teams seems like you are being way too quick to put someone else's ideas down. Of course there will be exceptions, there are to any kind of test that has its main purpose set on categorizing human beings.

And Foot - DAMN YOU!!! (my index finger is about a half inch longer than my pointer, and only about a quarter inch smaller than my middle finger)

Marvin's daughter was a student there, actually. Called her father. Clued him in.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I accept the challenge.

Okay. Just for you, the rankings game deadline is extended.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Foot thread gone wrong........now it's time to sit back, relax and.....................

green-day-eating-popcorn--large-msg-115207088969.jpg

:pound::pound::pound: Never fails to make me laugh. :nod:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity, what happened to all the talk about how Gerhart won all these college awards and never got a chance in Minny?

I repeat something I said awhile ago: I don't get all the hubbub about Toby Freakin' Gerhart. :what:

I guess we'll see what we see...