• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Georgia player arrested for driving with a suspended license

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mandatory arrest and impound in florida.

No, its not. I could see maybe a law requiring mandatory impoung (which may also well lead to arrest) - but no mandatory arrest for misdemeanors or traffic offenses. Officers always have discretion.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, its not. I could see maybe a law requiring mandatory impoung (which may also well lead to arrest) - but no mandatory arrest for misdemeanors or traffic offenses. Officers always have discretion.

Actually he is correct if you are knowingly driving on a suspended license in FL.

1. 1st conviction will be that of a 2nd Degree Misdemeanor with up to a 60 day jail sentence.
2. 2nd conviction will be that of a 1st Degree Misdemeanor with up to a 1 yr jail sentence.
3. 3rd conviction will be that of a 3rd degree Felony with up to a 5 yr jail sentence.

They will not arrest you on the spot most likely, but jail is most definitely in you future even after the 1st offense.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he is correct if you are knowingly driving on a suspended license in FL.

1. 1st conviction will be that of a 2nd Degree Misdemeanor with up to a 60 day jail sentence.
2. 2nd conviction will be that of a 1st Degree Misdemeanor with up to a 1 yr jail sentence.
3. 3rd conviction will be that of a 3rd degree Felony with up to a 5 yr jail sentence.

They will not arrest you on the spot most likely, but jail is most definitely in you future even after the 1st offense.

I agree with that. What he said though, and what I disagreed with, is that it is a mandatory "arrest." They can impound your car, give you a citation, and force you into court to face the prosecutor and judge. They also "can" arrest you - but they do not have to.