• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gene Chizik got a job!!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hired as the defensive coordinator at UNC. Taking over the worst Power 5 defense in college football next year. Probably the best hire UNC could've made. Future is looking up

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty good hire for UNC! I heard him on the radio the other day, didn't really get the feel that he was going back into coaching.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC will undoubtably be ranked in the preseason top 25 and the 'sexy' pick to win the Coastal.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC will undoubtably be ranked in the preseason top 25 and the 'sexy' pick to win the Coastal.

Because they're returning 10 starters on offense, the defense can't get worse, and they've got the easiest schedule in the country.

We play South Carolina, Illinois, two fcs schools, the ACC Coastal, Wake, and NC State.

Not saying we should be ranked, but I understand why some people would consider us a top 25 team to start the year. But preseason I think we'll be picked to finish 4th in the coastal, behind GT, Duke, and Miami.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty good hire for UNC! I heard him on the radio the other day, didn't really get the feel that he was going back into coaching.

Yeah, I've heard him on XM several times and haven't gotten the feeling he'd be back. Earlier this week, or maybe last week he said "I've already accomplished everything there is to accomplish, if I go back now I'd just be trying to repeat something I've already done". Not really something I'd expect to hear from someone who was looking to go back

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hammer:

Sweet - now we can afford to pay Will!

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've heard him on XM several times and haven't gotten the feeling he'd be back. Earlier this week, or maybe last week he said "I've already accomplished everything there is to accomplish, if I go back now I'd just be trying to repeat something I've already done". Not really something I'd expect to hear from someone who was looking to go back

I heard that exact same conversation.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they're returning 10 starters on offense, the defense can't get worse, and they've got the easiest schedule in the country.

We play South Carolina, Illinois, two fcs schools, the ACC Coastal, Wake, and NC State.

Not saying we should be ranked, but I understand why some people would consider us a top 25 team to start the year. But preseason I think we'll be picked to finish 4th in the coastal, behind GT, Duke, and Miami.

My original comment was tongue in cheek, as it's the same story with UNC every year. Preseason ranked, finish around 7-5, maybe 8-4.

To your second point, I disagree with preseason rankings. Duke loses a lot, Golden has proven he can do nothing with talent and D. Johnson is gone, and VT literally returns 100% of their offense, defense, and special teams scoring.

I think the Coastal next year looks something like:
GT
VT
U
UNC
Duke
Pitt
UVA

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hammer:

Sweet - now we can afford to pay Will!

They probably worked out a low ball deal to screw us and he will magically get a raise once his contract is up with Auburn.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to ask "did it come with a hairnet and a name tag?" but good for him.

We play South Carolina,

Awww, come ON, man! That is a CHEAP shot...

Looking forward to BOTH Carolinas having improved defenses next year, cause as you say, they can't get much worse. I'm expecting the over/under in that opening game to be north of 85

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to ask "did it come with a hairnet and a name tag?" but good for him.

Awww, come ON, man! That is a CHEAP shot...

Looking forward to BOTH Carolinas having improved defenses next year, cause as you say, they can't get much worse. I'm expecting the over/under in that opening game to be north of 85

I was gonna say we play South Carolina and then a bunch of garbage but I just decided to list everyone. Not trying to take shots at South Carolina :lol: