• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 3) Sharks at Red Wings - 5:00PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fuck with the Gooch!

I told ya'll Debbie Downers that we bringing home Stanley this year. Now ya feeling it huh?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks were outplayed in general, but the ability to answer back each time proves they were never out of it. There were moments when it looked like the Sharks were outmatched, especially in the first period, but they would come back with their own O zone pressure and never allow DET to string together 3 or 4 shifts of control.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win Friday

No more Randy and Drew

:(

get 'er done boys!

NO MORE DREW!!!!

give us the hateful homers of NBC, they talk the crap that will inspire the Sharks to victory. you know they will all be up in Luongo's nutsack and the twins' jocks.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 7:35 left in the 3rd, Heatley got Kronwall back pretty good.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glorious Sharks Victory! I want to sweeeeeeeeeeeeep Detroit.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't fuck with the Gooch!

I told ya'll Debbie Downers that we bringing home Stanley this year. Now ya feeling it huh?

you did? :flock: They still need 9 more wins before theyve accomplished

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
side note, that gwg Jumbo Joe scored, has really lifted his playoff game to the next level, watching him skate, chip pucks by defenders, then fight through them instead of just pulling up and standing at the half boards has been nothing short of amazing to watch

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game!!!!

Finish this FRIDAY!!!!!

BELIEVE

LeTs Go Sharks!!!!

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
safe to say Jumbos playing some of the best hockey in the game right now?

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jumbo-slide-win.gif

All I can think of is Monty Python. That is fucking hilarious, Cmon. (no smiley needed).

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
side note, that gwg Jumbo Joe scored, has really lifted his playoff game to the next level, watching him skate, chip pucks by defenders, then fight through them instead of just pulling up and standing at the half boards has been nothing short of amazing to watch

Right on, I remember you saying that. Also, props for keeping the faith when I was losing hope in my boy Seto. Seems like the Sharks are getting contributions from several players and not relying on one big line, similar to what the Giants did last year in their championship run.

:heh:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've said it before if a team makes a run every player has to have a career year

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This team really is incredible right now and what they have ailed them forever certainly seems to be healing:

1. Depth: It seemed always that if Jumbo and Patty dont produce, the sharks have no chance. Well, How about this for Depth: 1st line: 8 goals. 2nd line: 8 goals. 3rd line: 6 goals. D: 5 goals. That's incredible production throughout the lineup and the sharks are winning despite a pretty subpar performance from patty thus far who has zero PP points, 0 points in the 2nd round, and has been off the scoresheet in 5 of the 9 games thus far. Joe Thornton is not the same man. he is physical, he is battling, he is skating, and he is working. I dunno if it's the C on his chest or what, but I have never seen this kind of passion from Jumbo. It's awesome!

2. Goaltending: nabby was always good, and I'm not sure the sharks would be in a different place if he was in nets. BUT, nemo makes the saves when he needs to. He was shaky vs. LA, but he could be. He has been a stalwart all three games vs. detroit as he needed to be. If not for nemo, the sharks could be down 3-0 even though they did deserve to win 2 of the 3 games. I have such confidence in the guy, and I am seeing exactly what he did to us last year. it's great stuff...

Of course, assuming vancouver goes on to beat nashville, that series will be the big one and the winner of that one will probably win the cup. Vancouver is much like the sharks. They can cycle, skate, hit, play solid D and goaltending. Their D is always dangerous with ehrhoff, edler, bieksa, hamhuis, salo. All of them can really shoot and can score, so the sharks forwards would really need to get in the lanes and pressure high. The one advantage the sharks have is that vancouver has really only two scoring lines to the sharks' 3. The sedins, kesler, samuelsson, burrows, and raymond are a solid top 6, but torres, hanson, and higgins arent as good as pavs, mitch and wellwood right now. That series is gunna be really close and will be the true test for the sharks.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, for sure. Maybe waking up Joe is the push SJ needs to get them over the top.

Also recently the Dmen (even Wallin for Chissakes!) have been solid for the most part. Most of the Wings goals so far have been either fortuitous bounces or just a great play that no one could stop. We haven't seen too many blown assignments lately (or maybe it's just because the Wings are old and can't skate like they used to?) No matter, Demers and White have been big surprises these PO's so far and Pickles is playing the best hockey of his career. Boyler is back on track after the gametime energy issues he was having against LA. Come to think of it - the Sharks might actually have a solid blueline to compete now with anyone. Amazing turnaround.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, for sure. Maybe waking up Joe is the push SJ needs to get them over the top.

Also recently the Dmen (even Wallin for Chissakes!) have been solid for the most part. Most of the Wings goals so far have been either fortuitous bounces or just a great play that no one could stop. We haven't seen too many blown assignments lately (or maybe it's just because the Wings are old and can't skate like they used to?) No matter, Demers and White have been big surprises these PO's so far and Pickles is playing the best hockey of his career. Boyler is back on track after the gametime energy issues he was having against LA. Come to think of it - the Sharks might actually have a solid blueline to compete now with anyone. Amazing turnaround.

I think the fact that Demers has stepped up his game the way he has, has been huge. Not missing Blake, the fact he's been playing like a young Rob Blake has been unreal.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that Demers has stepped up his game the way he has, has been huge. Not missing Blake, the fact he's been playing like a young Rob Blake has been unreal.

Demers has been awesome. In fact he has, in text book fashion, done what every rookie should do: make it impossible for the coach to not have him in the lineup.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vlasic has shown some puck poise that I have never seen from him before. In this series, I've seen him with the puck on his stick, curl back when a breakout option was not available. Before, 100% of the time, he would bank it up the boards or force a pass that wasn't there. He also displayed some escape moves that he's recently added to his repertoire. That's really all I want to see him develop. He's not going to be a ferocious hitter, or a PP QB with a booming point shot. That's just not him, he doesn't have those physical tools. But his patience with the puck and decision making is improving and that is a great sign for the future. Vlasic and Demers for the next 7-8 years is fine with me.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vlasic has shown some puck poise that I have never seen from him before. In this series, I've seen him with the puck on his stick, curl back when a breakout option was not available. Before, 100% of the time, he would bank it up the boards or force a pass that wasn't there. He also displayed some escape moves that he's recently added to his repertoire. That's really all I want to see him develop. He's not going to be a ferocious hitter, or a PP QB with a booming point shot. That's just not him, he doesn't have those physical tools. But his patience with the puck and decision making is improving and that is a great sign for the future. Vlasic and Demers for the next 7-8 years is fine with me.

Big time - and astute observation. When I read this post I was thinking through the last few games and he absolutely has matured with his actions in our zone.