• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCF (Game 4) Canucks at Sharks - 12:00PM

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMAO, im not getting into this again, but no it didnt as I pointed out to you how you contridicted your original post and the gap of 15ft was not there when he was backwards, he was still sideways at 15ft, and you post about him being backwards "for a long time" when by the video it was 1 second when it was a 4ft gap...

If you think backwards & sideways, 15ft & 4ft are the same thing, then it 100% supports you... Lets not beat a dead horse here cause what you stated would be laughed at in a courtroom trying to prove as people watch the evidence from a video that shows otherwise...

Cmon: "As you see here jury, the gap is 12-15Ft feet when his back is to Eager"
Jury: "WTF is this guy talking about, that guy is still sideways"

Again, people dont want to listen to us bicker back & forth as stated above, so lets drop the whole Eager thing...

I'll leave it at this then I agree we'll drop it. At that point i the video Eager is well in position to see the numbers on the back of his sweater. That is and always will be considered a board or hit from behind. You may not like it, you may not agree with it but as soon as any part of those numbers are in view = from behind.

I've been 100% consistant with my take on this play and the events in it. Eager had no chance of making a legal hit there. As soon as Sedin was forced to play the puck along the boards Eager should have recognized this fact. His poor judgement on this play, along with the trip, and garbage he pulled with Luongo is the reason he's been scratched from the line-up and probably played his last game as a Shark.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PS, I call renig here hahaha
Stick to your words please...

For this brief moment I'm going back on my word. If someone is going to take immature pot-shots at me I'm going to defend myself.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For this brief moment I'm going back on my word. If someone is going to take immature pot-shots at me I'm going to defend myself.

There wasnt anything immature about proving your 12-15ft away with Sedin having his back turned at that point wrong...
How much more clear do you want?? Here are 2 still pictures of it... Your 12-15ft gap has sedin facing forward, a MUCH closer gap (4-5ft?) has sedin sideways, if you want I can even add a 3rd pic with him backwards which will then be down to like a 2ft gap

Eagercheck3.jpg

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thats why they have to modify that rule, players take advantage of it

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL... yeah, they'll look at it as much as they looked at your two-handed slash to Vlasic's hands in the closing seconds of Game 3.

What a fucking classless piece of shit with all that diving out there AND this whining in the media... :L

Man I wish someone was there to really give him a headshot as soon as those words finished coming out of his mouth. What a fucking clown.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I wish someone was there to really give him a headshot as soon as those words finished coming out of his mouth. What a fucking clown.

He'd turtle and claim it was a cheap shot...

I hope everyone plays their heart out next game and we get one more win out of this series... at least he would be in our zipcode for some tomato throwing...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He'd turtle and claim it was a cheap shot...

I hope everyone plays their heart out next game and we get one more win out of this series... at least he would be in our zipcode for some tomato throwing...

hope in one hand and shit in the other and see what fills up faster

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
anyone else see tmac walking up and down the bench yelling at the team "wake the fuck up" ? and the bums still didnt respond

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There wasnt anything immature about proving your 12-15ft away with Sedin having his back turned at that point wrong...
How much more clear do you want?? Here are 2 still pictures of it... Your 12-15ft gap has sedin facing forward, a MUCH closer gap (4-5ft?) has sedin sideways, if you want I can even add a 3rd pic with him backwards which will then be down to like a 2ft gap

The 2nd picture is closer to 20 feet distance. Eager is almost even with the faceoff dot and on a standard rink the center of the faceoff dot is 20'6" from the sideboards.

Sedin's posture in the 1st picture is exactly what I'm saying. Any ref will tell you that is having your back to a player. If Eager can see any part of the numbers on Sedin's sweater (which is obvious he can in pic 1) and can't make contact with said player without hitting some part of his back while in that postion than it's considered his back is to him, this is what I've been trying to explain to you. You seem to think it only means if he can plant him square between the numbers and that's not the case at all.

As for Eagers distance from Sedin in the 1st picture you can use some visual ques to estimate the distance. The outside most part of the faceoff circle is 10' from the sideboards and Eager is not past that point. Also you can use a known measurement to help estimate. The distance between the partitions holding up the glass is 12'6'. If you look at the distance between the partitions and the distance between the two players they are close to even. The angle of the camera make it impossible to be exact which is why I estimate 12-15 feet.

Here's the thing, and this is probably where you and I differ the most, if Sedin was to be in the same position he is in picture 1 when Eager makes contact it would still be a boarding penalty. You seem to think otherwise and there's nothing wrong with that. It wasn't too long ago that it wouldn't have been but nowadays it is. The only way Eager makes contact with him and avoids a penality is to put his shoulder square in his chest and there is no way for that to take place in this situation.

Instead of waiting for an oppertunity to present itself for him to make a big hit Eager went out and tried to force it. That's bad, bad hockey and one of the reasons I describe the play as being extremely dumb on his part. I like the desire to be physical but he needs to be/should be smarter than that.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niemi has not stole one game for us these playoffs. Is it me or is goaltending piss poor this year? These last four goalies have all looked awful at different points in these playoffs.

I don't know about that. One could make a good argument for game 2 and game 7 of the Detroit series.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I missed this game. Sorry things played out the way it did. FIVE PPs in the first period and they couldn't score on any of them? Weak. Well, at least it's not a sweep and at least they won on home ice in the WCFs. Progress has been made.

sigh

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone else see tmac walking up and down the bench yelling at the team "wake the fuck up" ? and the bums still didnt respond

Yeah - he has to be in a really frustrating position coming from DET. I bet his wife just stays with her mother at playoff time to avoid the venting at home.

Even on a small internet feed screen it was obvious he was really pissed off...

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - he has to be in a really frustrating position coming from DET. I bet his wife just stays with her mother at playoff time to avoid the venting at home.

Even on a small internet feed screen it was obvious he was really pissed off...

How many coaches in the four major sports has to tell their team to wake up and get riled up for a Conference Final game? damn it.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A lot of us are upset, but lets take a step back and look at everything. Who really believed we would beat Vancouver? They have so much more depth than than the Sharks and they actually have Dmen. In my book the Sharks are easily the worst team left. We dont have the consistent scoring depth to compete for the cup. I think the officiating has been pathetic, but the better team is without a doubt winning the series.

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wont even bring up Heatley cause I have nothing left to say about him. Hes just flat out garbage in my book. What the fuck has happened to Wellwood, Pavelski, Seto, and Clowe? Pavs, Seto and Clowe pulled this same bs last year in the Western Conference Finals.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of us are upset, but lets take a step back and look at everything. Who really believed we would beat Vancouver? They have so much more depth than than the Sharks and they actually have Dmen. In my book the Sharks are easily the worst team left. We dont have the consistent scoring depth to compete for the cup. I think the officiating has been pathetic, but the better team is without a doubt winning the series.

Its not that any of us believed they "woud" beat vancouver, the frustrating part is that they could have beat Vancouver if they played with any kind of wil and didnt play so dumb.
Lets be honest hear, SJ could have a 3-0 series lead right now if they didnt shoot themselves in the foot 3 times. Game 1 they had in bag, and blew it in the 3rd (again), Game 2 was a close game that couldve been won in the 3rd (1 goal game), but they decided to eat paint chips during the 2nd intermission and game out in the 3rd with God olnly knows what gameplan. Game 3, they had 5 streight PP opportunities and didnt bury any of them, and even without converting, its still a 0-0 game, then they did the stupidest, and only time something has EVER happened in Stanley Cup history, 3 streight 5 on 3's on bonehead plays. 3goals blown but Nemo. And even after that it coulda been 3-2 in the 3rd without Niemi auditioning for the Generals while Sedin makes Globetrotter passes thru his damn legs...

Can you really say Vancouver has beat the Sharks 3 games? Or have the Sharks beaten themselves...? Cause if they didnt play like they all just got lobotomys this series can easily have them up instead of on the verge of elimination... Coming back is very possible, vancouver has hardly impressed me as much as SJ has disappointed me. Last year at least we could say, the better team beat us. This year, I dont know wtf is wrong with them.

Bumper sticker: "San Jose, finding new & exciting ways to lose every year"

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wont even bring up Heatley cause I have nothing left to say about him. Hes just flat out garbage in my book. What the fuck has happened to Wellwood, Pavelski, Seto, and Clowe? Pavs, Seto and Clowe pulled this same bs last year in the Western Conference Finals.

Last year those players were just outmatched by a better team. Now I think Clowe is still suffering from whatever injury he got on the Kronwall hit. Pavelski looks like he's injured too. He took quite a beating the last few games of the Wings series and the first two against the Canucks. Not sure what's wrong with Pavs but he's certainly a much better player than we've seen this series.