• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCF (Game 2) Sharks at Canucks - 6:00PM

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I counting this right? Vancouver 12 Sharks 3 on PP attempts through 2 games?

Yeah ridiculous isn't it? Like I said earlier, the Sharks PP is firing at 100% so they don't get any. I'm hoping the Sharks get some more calls at home, but I'm not counting on it. Look at the calls Vancouver got in game 3 in the Nashville series.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That all depends on the mental state of this team. The Sharks have scored first in back to back games, yet wind up losing. How will they deal with that if it happens again. Better yet, how is the team going to be able to handle a situation where the Nucks score first?

Personally, I hope we take it to them and start beating the shit out of those Nucks.

Even if Vancouver scores first, they just have to keep going and not get down. No one's going to feel sorry for them. They need to be physical within reason, which is a difficult balance to maintain when you have guys like Torres, Bieksa, and Lapierre on the other side. Hopefully, this 7-3 humiliating butt-kicking will serve as motivation and determination. Will do them no damn good to get depressed about it.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's sad is that a more handicapped offensive team in Nashville is putting up more of a fight than we are.

I wouldnt say there offence, more like the brick wall in net named Pekka Rhinne...

And just curious, why the fuck when the puck is low and to the left of Niemi he covers the post on his knees with his left leg outside of the post, like wrapped around it?? 2 of the goals he'd have a lot better chance of stopping if he wasnt for over committed to the left. The torres goal for sure woulda been saved if it wasnt so far over, that thing was slow-motion going in and barely got by the skate blade...
As Ive said how long now, he always looks like he doesnt know what to do or how to play/setup when the puck is downlow around the blue line...

And I could give a shit less if Eager was acting like a jackhole after the game was already out of hand, everyone does, and every team has someone that does that. Torres does that and I woulda love SJ to pick him up this past offseason.
I wouldnt put the blame on him for the dumb penalities, the Sharks stopped skating & pushing play the shift before the 3rd goal was scored. Eager penalities or not, they were gonn lose the game. If your gonna complain bout penalities and what coulda helped the Sharks win, lets talk bout the refs missing 2 high sticks. The thornton one being RIGHT in front of the fucking reff!! No dble minor hurt bad...

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if anyone on this team had any balls they would have taken Torres out, he needs to rot in hell!

He will get his lunch handed to him eventually. Unfortunately, that will probably happen if another game gets out of hand. At least there will be some sense of satisfaction from him getting the beating he deserves that's been five years overdue. Knocking that lowlife punk out if/when all is already lost would be well worth the suspension from Colorectal Campbell's office.

Last edited by a moderator:

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sharks still have a cancer on the team that's haunted them into eventually folding by Round 3. This all started in Round 2 of 2004 when they couldn't put the Avs away after going up 3-0. The only person left that could be a cancer is PM unfortunately. Amazingly similar if you remember the 2nd round of that series: they had a 3-0 lead on the Avs and almost blew that up, then when they finally made it to Round 3 they got spanked by a hungrier Flames team (Sharks looked awful). Fast forward to 2006 and you see the Sharks take a solid 2-0 lead against the Oil then flop like an old maid's saggy tit when the series started demanding toughness . Then fast forward to 2008 and the Sharks blow a series lead against the Flames and win in 7, only to "flame out" against Dallas in the next round going down 3-0 and eventually losing Game 6 in 4 OT's. Then fast forward to last year - Sharks get by the Avs then do a sound job in Round 2 against Det in 5. Then fold again with a wimper against the tougher Hawks. Get it? This team is SOFT with its cancer on board.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks still have a cancer on the team that's haunted them into eventually folding by Round 3. This all started in Round 2 of 2004 when they couldn't put the Avs away after going up 3-0. The only person left that could be a cancer is PM unfortunately. Amazingly similar if you remember the 2nd round of that series: they had a 3-0 lead on the Avs and almost blew that up, then when they finally made it to Round 3 they got spanked by a hungrier Flames team (Sharks looked awful). Fast forward to 2006 and you see the Sharks take a solid 2-0 lead against the Oil then flop like an old maid's saggy tit when the series started demanding toughness . Then fast forward to 2008 and the Sharks blow a series lead against the Flames and win in 7, only to "flame out" against Dallas in the next round going down 3-0 and eventually losing Game 6 in 4 OT's. Then fast forward to last year - Sharks get by the Avs then do a sound job in Round 2 against Det in 5. Then fold again with a wimper against the tougher Hawks. Get it? This team is SOFT with its cancer on board.

What, you weren't impressed by his fight with Bieksa? :rolleyes:

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unlike the past couple years with these playoff disappointments, even if we lose this series I'm still more hopeful about the future than I have been in the past. If they build around the nucleus of Couture, Clowe, Pavelski, and Setoguchi, as long as they get some help on the back end this team should be a contender for the next decade still, with reinforcements hopefully coming in with Coyle and whatever other prospects pan out in the future.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They start the season looking like shit and I an accept that. But then they go on a run and they get you to start to believe that they aren't too bad. Maybe they can make a run. Forwards learn how to backcheck and make up for the horrible D. They are the best team in the league second half of the season. They get a little momntum going in the playoffs and you actually start to believe that this could be the year...

And then they pull the rug out from underneath you. Well played Sharks, you got me again.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What, you weren't impressed by his fight with Bieksa? :rolleyes:

I dont know if he did that to try & spark the team, or lift there spirits with a good 'ol chuckle haha

I still want him gone, keep the core of the Thornton, Coutour, Seto, Clowe, Pavs, Wellwood and get something of value for marleau

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They start the season looking like shit and I an accept that. But then they go on a run and they get you to start to believe that they aren't too bad. Maybe they can make a run. Forwards learn how to backcheck and make up for the horrible D. They are the best team in the league second half of the season. They get a little momntum going in the playoffs and you actually start to believe that this could be the year...

And then they pull the rug out from underneath you. Well played Sharks, you got me again.

This post is absolutely on point with how I feel right now. Well said.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last year wasnt the theory that they had to much time off between the det & chi series? Now this year its because it went to 7?? How bout no excuses, they just played like shit again. The desire we "THOUGHT" we seen outa the guys when they won vs Det in the post game interviews was only there for a couple of guys. the other half of the guys still dont get it and there is nothing a player/coach/roenick/etc can do bout it until that player decides he wants to try... Eagers way of trying was being retarded, but at least he tried hahaha I was actually hoping he would take a run at someone and injure them and take em out... But thats just me, I like dirty shit and loved Marchment haha

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many things wrong with this team to list... but I don't understand how you guys thought they were actually good.

The defense is slow, old and generally blows, the 3rd and 4th line are 100% garbage, there's way too much pressure on the top 2 lines and to top it all off, most of them have to spend the whole game killing penalties because worthless dipshits can't stay out of the box...

Of course they're going to get exposed for the frauds that they are by a much better skating and more disciplined team. Duh++

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not sure its that we thought they were good, I just think we got caught up in all the momentum/excitement after beating Detroit and now its back to normal...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure its that we thought they were good, I just think we got caught up in all the momentum/excitement after beating Detroit and now its back to normal...

Yeah, true... No worries, just be realistic and expect a lot less and it'll be less painful. :p

They're just not good enough, what can you do? The GM is a moron who thought otherwise. And hopefully he's gone next week.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike the past couple years with these playoff disappointments, even if we lose this series I'm still more hopeful about the future than I have been in the past. If they build around the nucleus of Couture, Clowe, Pavelski, and Setoguchi, as long as they get some help on the back end this team should be a contender for the next decade still, with reinforcements hopefully coming in with Coyle and whatever other prospects pan out in the future.

as long as Doug Wilson is finally fired i will be hopeful. he just cannot put together a team that can go all the way...look at Vancouver, they really put together an amazing team the last couple years, how long has Dougie had to do it? And we helped them out by giving them Ehrhoff...huh?

p.s. it seems like Vancouver will be just like Chicago, they may or may not win the cup and then have to dismantle their team quite a bit with all the FAs...still if they have the cup who cares?!?!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS. Anyone still want to argue that the Heatler/Ehrhoff moves were good? Have at it, please... so I can laugh in your faces again.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4 guys who have completely disappeared in the lat 6 Conference Finals games.

Okay, maybe Logan has had a couple moments where he has fit in, but overall, these 4 have been the difference in the Sharks losing games like Sunday and tonight, and winning them.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PS. Anyone still want to argue that the Heatler/Ehrhoff moves were good? Have at it, please... so I can laugh in your faces again.

Didnt signing Blake to a big 1 year deal & giving someone else an overpriced contract have to do with the Ehrhoff contract dumping?? Im getting my years mixed up I think...

LOL tho, it always cracked me up how the ESPN board ripped Ehrhoff apart tho... he was one of the handful of undeserved scape goats from these forums...

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the only bright spot about tonight was Jumbo. I thought he was the best player on the ice for either team. Some of the Dmen had alright games, Marleau had a few good shifts, Logan had a nice goal, Niemi stood pretty tall until the house fell down around him.

Lets be real though, this loss was not a 7-3 loss. If the Sharks (ehem, Eager) don't lose discipline in the 3rd, the too many men on the ice call is not made, and the refs call a high stick or two, then this is a MUCH different game.