• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCF (Game 2) Sharks at Canucks - 6:00PM

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Jose.png @ Vancouver.png

Series: 1-0 Canucks

WCF Series Recaps
GAME 1: 3-2 Vancouver - Recap

Playoff Top Scorers: San Jose
Clowe: 4 Goals - 9 Assists - 13 Points
Thornton: 3 Goals - 10 Assists - 13 Points
Couture: 6 Goals - 6 Assist - 12 Points

Playoff Top Scorers: Vancouver
Kesler: 5 Goals - 11 Assist - 16 Points
H. Sedin: 2 Goals - 9 Assists - 11 Points
D. Sedin: 6 Goals - 4 Assist - 10 Points

San Jose Sharks Line-Up
Marleau - Thornton - Setoguchi
Heatley - Couture - Clowe
Wellwood - Pavelski - Mitchell
Eager - Nichol - Mayers

Boyle - Murray
Demers - Vlasic
White - Wallin

Niemi

Vancouver Canucks Line-Up
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Raymond
Torres - Lapierre - Hansen
Glass - Hodgson - Tambellini

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Ehrhoff - Rome

Luongo

AP Preview

Go Sharks!!!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit... there is still hockey going on?

I almost forgot with this 2-days-off bullshit going on...

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a must win game, but I'm sure the Sharks realize that stealing home ice away from Vancouver tonight will go a long ways toward winning the series. I think the Sharks will come out with a much better effort than we saw on Sunday and will bring this series home tied.

CaptainTrashy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not a must win game, but I'm sure the Sharks realize that stealing home ice away from Vancouver tonight will go a long ways toward winning the series. I think the Sharks will come out with a much better effort than we saw on Sunday and will bring this series home tied.

I would say this is for sure a must win game for the Sharks, both sides realize the implications and it should be a hell of a war. Lets hope Danielle, Patricia, and The Big Pavelski show up tonight!

Go Sharks!

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be telling if they have legs tonight. If not, it will be last year all over again; if they do, I think we can write off the lackluster third period to being tired from the Detroit series.

LET'S GO SHARKS!!!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd feel a lot better if Demers was in. He didn't skate yesterday according to Pollak so who knows. I don't think this is a must win game, but if the Sharks don't pull this one off, game 3 is a must win.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to Patty & Heatler switch lines. Give DH a chance to perform with Jumbo for a good portion of the game. I would hope this would motivate his candy-ass into producing. Maybe he needs that sort of carrot...:whip:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to Patty & Heatler switch lines. Give DH a chance to perform with Jumbo for a good portion of the game. I would hope this would motivate his candy-ass into producing. Maybe he needs that sort of carrot...:whip:

I like that idea. Having Clowe and Heater as wingers on the same line makes for a poor backchecking line with Couture the only one you can say isn't slow. Having lines of

Heater-Jumbo-Seto
Marleau-Couture-Clowe

will give a bit of speed to Couture's line and with the way Jumbo is playing, him and Seto can provide the backchecking pressure. However, is there time to experiment?

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that idea. Having Clowe and Heater as wingers on the same line makes for a poor backchecking line with Couture the only one you can say isn't slow. Having lines of

Heater-Jumbo-Seto
Marleau-Couture-Clowe

will give a bit of speed to Couture's line and with the way Jumbo is playing, him and Seto can provide the backchecking pressure. However, is there time to experiment?

Well, if this not 'do or die' I say yes. As it is, the Jumbo-Patty combo isn't lighting it up & Heatler is nearly invisible. Roll the dice, Tadd!:whoo:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mess with the lines right now, IMO.

The last time McLellan did that (Game 6 @DET), the whole team sucked out loud.

EDIT/PS. What he *should* do (but prolly won't because sometimes he just isn't a very good coach) is use 7 defensemen (Braun and Huskins in for Demers, who can't play)... sit useless garbage like McGinn or Mayers or any of the 4th line "players".

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say this is for sure a must win game for the Sharks, both sides realize the implications and it should be a hell of a war. Lets hope Danielle, Patricia, and The Big Pavelski show up tonight!

Go Sharks!

I don't think so, if they lose it just means they must hold serve on home ice. I believe the cliche is no team is in trouble until they lose a home game.

But yeah still rooting for the Sharks to win for sure!

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EDIT/PS. What he *should* do (but prolly won't because sometimes he just isn't a very good coach) is use 7 defensemen (Braun and Huskins in for Demers, who can't play)... sit useless garbage like McGinn or Mayers or any of the 4th line "players".

Yeah - I am behind this... although its clear that we HAVE to be better against the Sedin line. Joe's line did a pretty solid job last game against Kesler but big jim and the twins 'dangled' and that is no bueno.

I am on a plane... but GO SHARKS!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What he should do is put Braun in for Huskins period. Playing Husky pants was a stupid move the guy hadn't played in 3 months. Basically limited the Sharks to 5 dmen after playing the 7 game series against Detroit. There was zero reason for not playing Braun who is in game shape and is more mobile, which is what you need playing against Vancouver.

TBH if Demers can go, I'd still dress Braun and scratch the 12th forward. Those 3 mins a game are so useless anyway, they won't be missed at all.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I'd rather have Braun in there over Huskins but we all know that Braun is shitlisted for some inexplicable reason...

So that's the only reason I said to dress both Braun and Huskins... if nothing else, throw Braun out there on the PP only... it's still win-win.

And yes, totally agreed... sitting a 4th liner that was putting in 3 minutes a game to make this happen is a no-brainer.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demers didn't skate today and it sounds like Husky Pants is going to play, according to Pollak at teh blog.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they must win or i will have to eat double downs for the rest of the series! :)

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Demers didn't skate today and it sounds like Husky Pants is going to play, according to Pollak at teh blog.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rain::drink: