• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Vikings at 49ers

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep

Very solid preseason game.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And to wrap up a HORRENDOUS broadcasting job by the Vikings, the two players they interviewed after the game were Audie Cole (ok, fine by me) and their 6th round pick this year/rookie kicker Blair Walsh! Ha.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam Inman:

49ers Justin Smith confirmed his absence tonight was not injury related: "They're being nice to the old guy."

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mindi Bach:

Aldon Smith left locker room hobbling on two short support canes.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon Smith (@aldonsmithJETS)
8/11/12 12:30 AM

Just a heads up I'm doing ok. Thanks

Shared via TweetCaster (TweetCaster)

Looks like he is ok

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with that last pick, I was very happy with the way Tolzien played tonight. He is so good at quickly identifying guys who get open, he releases the ball quickly and with authority, and he is so deathly accurate on throws of less than twenty yards. He will never be able to throw the deep ball like a great NFL quaterback, but he is more than capable of driving a team down the field consistently with those ten yard passes, and he doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

He is a very solid backup, and i'm glad that Harbaugh realized that instead of just seeing a generic guy without elite physical tools.

Well, no doubt Harbaugh recognizes Tolzien's skill set and ability but the 49ers had a little bit of inside info with Geep Chryst as their QB coach... who I'm sure you know is the brother of the Paul, UW's OC for a number of years. Plus Tolzien played really good against the 49ers last preseason when he was with the Chargers... I'm sure that helped seal the deal.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So I couldn't catch the 2nd half (I heard AJ Jenkins had that in common with me), but it looks like my gimpy boy Owusu had a nice night. OWOOHOOSU!

I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that I was right about Jenkins. Man I hope not...

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I couldn't catch the 2nd half (I heard AJ Jenkins had that in common with me), but it looks like my gimpy boy Owusu had a nice night. OWOOHOOSU!

I'm starting to get the sinking feeling that I was right about Jenkins. Man I hope not...

:rofl: Nice.

Okay, I've recovered.

Owusu, Tymms, and Palmer all had good nights. Palmer missed one big catch, but it's crazy to think that all 2 of those guys might get cut.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rofl: Nice.

Okay, I've recovered.

Owusu, Tymms, and Palmer all had good nights. Palmer missed one big catch, but it's crazy to think that all 2 of those guys might get cut.

I'm with you. We had a decently deep chart at WR prior to tonight, but now; holy shit - I see few easy decisions come cut down day(s).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidenote - I see what ESPN is doing (feels like it anyway) - they don't have the QB rating in the box score - they instead list the sacks and yards lost. It might just be a preseason thing, but I feel it's a gradual way to move people away from traditional QB rating and onto their new measurement (QBR released last year). I personally don't like it because it'll always be published hours to days later and we never will know the formula. But hopefully they return to a simple formula that is instant for the regular season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has already put the QBR in their Box Scores going back to 2009 - they have both listed.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has already put the QBR in their Box Scores going back to 2009 - they have both listed.

Ok, I guess if they have both I don't mind. I think they will eventually remove the RTG, but I'll reserve my complaints until then because I can't prevent it. The box scores that I've seen have a spot for both, but they weren't filled out. Just the rating - but I assume it'll take some time to update all of them. This is what they look like now (the link is not for you Bem, because you've already seen them obviously).

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

some wr's take a year to adjust from college. i think he'll turn into a solid slot guy with potential as a #2, not sure what u think his upside is. i'd still rather have glenn or konz.