• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Utah Jazz at Minnesota Timberwolves

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the win! :laugh:

What do you think of the relatively new Target Field?

I wish it had a roof, but other than that, it looks nice. Have you been there?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about all season long, not individual moments.

Me too. I was mentioning season long guys. and then Ostertag was a joke. But then I felt that it was harsh to say him as a joke when he has been tough before. And that was for a playoff series, so it's a bit more than a moment. And we won (mostly because of Sloan, Malone, and Stockton, but still). Kobe and Shaq weren't clicking. And wasn't as tough as our two, three if you include Sloan. The Jazz were a tougher team of the two.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Adolescent Crescent is out, too? Ahh, shucks.

He's not your kid and you're not my father! You can't tell me what to call him. I with call him Tater Tot Nader Not from now on. He hates Ralph Nader. Or so is assumed for no good reason but to rhyme and alliterate.

What if I were your mother?

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of the relatively new Target Field?

I wish it had a roof, but other than that, it looks nice. Have you been there?

Been there for three games. Amazing is all I can say. Walked in and my jaw dropped.

The architecture is awesome. And I like outdoor baseball but that's just my personal preference.

All-Star game in 2014! :yahoo:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. I was mentioning season long guys. and then Ostertag was a joke. But then I felt that it was harsh to say him as a joke when he has been tough before. And that was for a playoff series, so it's a bit more than a moment. And we won (mostly because of Sloan, Malone, and Stockton, but still). Kobe and Shaq weren't clicking.

When Ostertag was on the Kings, and the Kings were getting blown out by Seattle in the 2005 series, someone dubbed Ostertag the nickname OsterShaq, because he looked like the only player with some toughness.

I do agree with Ostertag's general complaint, that he got in the doghouse faster than Malone, for committing the same mistakes.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been there for three games. Amazing is all I can say. Walked in and my jaw dropped.

The architecture is awesome. And I like outdoor baseball but that's just my personal preference.

I like outdoor baseball too, I just want the option of a roof for if it's too cold like in April / October.

I'm glad you like it.

What's the best game you've seen there? (Memorable).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they made it a good one at the end for a bit. :suds:

Yep, the Jazz have done that three or four times, from both being ahead and losing or almost losing the lead (once going into overtime) or being behind and fighting back. I credit Adelman for your surge. He's a good coach.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like outdoor baseball too, I just want the option of a roof for if it's too cold like in April / October.

I'm glad you like it.

Probably the first one I went to. I was about 20 rows back behind first base and it was against the Indians. Twins ended up losing but it was a good close game until the end.

Can't wait for the All-Star game to be held there in 2014.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, you've convinced me. No more expectations. Just beat Okur's three record.

Okur's 3 record isn't that good. I'd rather have someone get in the top 10 for 3's made, for any single season.

(Someone like Jason Richardson has probably had a few seasons where his 3's made total was top 10 season of all time).

Even if Foye beat's Okur's record, it's a small-time goal. As are winning divisions.

The expectations I'd like to see are:

* Can Kanter and Sexual Favors play big minutes, and produce consistently?
* Is Hayward an average swingman, or below average?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if I were your mother?

Then, I'd have had a really strange life. I'd probably call you dad despite your gender insistence. And I'd wonder why I haven't met you yet. Sons don't meet their fathers all the time when the fathers bail or pass away due to cancer or war or installing their car battery in wrong. Moms are traditionally there, unless you're in a Disney movie. Then, they all die and are replaced by evil stepmothers or rabbits (Bambi lost his mom and he spent his time in the woods with the rabbit, who I assume is not his lover. I didn't know he was a boy until I grew up. Bambi was like Barbie in name).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the first one I went to. I was about 20 rows back behind first base and it was against the Indians. Twins ended up losing but it was a good close game until the end.

Can't wait for the All-Star game to be held there in 2014.

Are you going to any events like the HR Derby?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then, I'd have had a really strange life. I'd probably call you dad despite your gender insistence. And I'd wonder why I haven't met you yet. Sons don't meet their fathers all the time when the fathers bail or pass away due to cancer or war or installing their car battery in wrong. Moms are traditionally there, unless you're in a Disney movie. Then, they all die and are replaced by evil stepmothers or rabbits (Bambi lost his mom and he spent his time in the woods with the rabbit, who I assume is not his lover. I didn't know he was a boy until I grew up. Bambi was like Barbie in name).

I didn't see Bambi until I was in college, I think. Was watching it with my friend. He said that the owl used to scare him more than anything else in the movie.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to. Tickets will be hard to come by and probably expen$ive. We'll see.

Cool. If you end up going, would you mind leaving a thread here, or a link to a thread on the Twins board, with your recap? I like reading recaps from memorable events.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Ostertag was on the Kings, and the Kings were getting blown out by Seattle in the 2005 series, someone dubbed Ostertag the nickname OsterShaq, because he looked like the only player with some toughness.

I do agree with Ostertag's general complaint, that he got in the doghouse faster than Malone, for committing the same mistakes.

I like it in the dog house, I mean, sure the authority is mad at you, but you generally get paid and don't have to do any challenging jobs. I mean sure, no promotions, dead end job, but whatever. Getting paid more than I do. ;)

P.S. I'm only kidding, I've never been in the dog house before when I had work, though I'm sure everyone has their impressions of everybody, including me.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad you like it.

I hate when weather affects games. Some people think it's cool and adds to the story, memories, etc. To me, I want to see two teams play each other in best of conditions and see what happens. Running teams in football have advantages in the rain because they can still run well when throwing is difficult and when the non-running teams try to run, they slip. But when my team is a running team, I still don't want rain. I want to win in normal conditions and I'm generally confident in my team.

When the Jazz played the Bulls in the rain in 1998, the Bulls had a clear advantage. Jordan would just go dunk the ball. Something with his Nikes gave him traction and the flu. Don't talk to me about the flu game. I. Don't. Care.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okur's 3 record isn't that good. I'd rather have someone get in the top 10 for 3's made, for any single season.

(Someone like Jason Richardson has probably had a few seasons where his 3's made total was top 10 season of all time).

Even if Foye beat's Okur's record, it's a small-time goal. As are winning divisions.

Well, as long as we're choosing. I'd rather have my SG score in the top ten all-time for an individual season, all while playing the best defense in the league.

I got to have something to root for besides wins and we're not even winning that much. We have no statistical feats other than beating Okur. I'm sure there could be one or two somewhere, but don't take this away, man. ;)

The expectations I'd like to see are:

* Can Kanter and Sexual Favors play big minutes, and produce consistently?
* Is Hayward an average swingman, or below average?

Kanter's nickname is now Can Kan. With a 'C' in honor of your dislike for alliterations. Compromise.

And these aren't expectations, they're question marks. What's up with that?

Just kidding. I hope those three can prove to be consistent, play big minutes, and/or be an average swingman. Hayward knows how to pick his shots and shoot well, as I noted in the Hayward Streak Thread. Hornacek is working with his shot, no doubt with other things too. My fingers are crossed and he better be back for the first game after the All Star break - he's missed 10 games already - though we've won 6 of them.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see Bambi until I was in college, I think. Was watching it with my friend. He said that the owl used to scare him more than anything else in the movie.

I haven't seen the movie since I was a kid. Oh, and I called the rabbit the rabbit, because I wasn't sure if calling him Thumper would be confusing if you didn't see the movie yet. But I should have said Thumper. Some know him without seeing the movie because of his statement:

Last edited by a moderator: