• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Utah Jazz at Minnesota Timberwolves

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you get the Jazz telecast, you should watch the halftime summary of the 1993 All-Star game. I like how Stockton and Malone got the MVP and how Malone blocked then-rookie Shaq's dunk.

Halftime is blacked out on LP Broadband.

For games on NBA TV, they cut to studio halftime shows.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good. Defense > offense.

I'd rather see the Jazz play good defense, than see them play good offense only to make the game close again.

If they play good defense, it's probably a blowout.

Basically, it's time to stop watching the offense.

The Jazz have had good offensive teams for 34 years, but it's usually been the defense holding them back.

Instead of worrying about where they rank in offensive categories, where do they rank in toughness and defense?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good. Defense > offense.

I'd rather see the Jazz play good defense, than see them play good offense only to make the game close again.

If they play good defense, it's probably a blowout.

Yeah, but it wasn't good defense. It was bad offense. I thought I saw a lot of bad shots taken and easy shots missed, by both teams. But I get and agree with what you said in general.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
42-40 half-time. I need Sackataters. Or I should say Potatoes and Robot! Sackatater's kid is Tater Tot.
LOL, ill tell him you dubbed him a username...it's a sacred fraternity the young lad is being initiated into.
So maybe it should be Tater and Tot. The whole family together is Sackataters.

Well, too bad, Nuraman. I'm calling him that, I have his father's blessing. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 out the best 5 defensive Jazz teams were in New Orleans.

The one out of the above 5 best defensive teams was the 1999 Jazz, and they lost to Portland.

From what I can see, the 89 Jazz was the only other great defensive team, and they got swept.

85 and 87 Jazz were also great, but more disappointment.

Most of the time though, I see a good to great offensive team that isn't tough enough on defense. (That's on the GM).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, too bad, Nuraman. I'm calling him that, I have his father's blessing. :yahoo:

He's too old to be called a Tot.

Plus, I hate alliteration in general. (Clintonite33 sends me texts with alliteration to get back at me).

So Tater Teen is out also.

How about Potato Adolescent. That's accurate, descriptive, and most importantly, doesn't rhyme.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he do?

Everything wrong. Missed shots, fouled, turned the ball over on stupid passes, flashed his mom, didn't guard his man, forgot to tie his shoelaces, and spelled his name wrong. Should have had a legal name change to "Mr. Wrong." You know, I don't even know his first name. I can look it up, but only after he plays better.

I'm sure Sackataters will see that it wasn't that bad and maybe correct me. But I've got high expectations on him.

I don't. For anyone on the Jazz, not for mediocre talent for a borderline playoff team.

Ok, you've convinced me. No more expectations. Just beat Okur's three record.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just tired of seeing a lack of toughness. Even in recent years, like game 5 @ SA in 2007, or game 5 @ Houston in 2008.

I want to see someone like Carroll, but the talent to be a starter, and someone other GMs would actually want. Like Matt Barnes or Tony Allen or Sefolosha, etc.

Or AK, with an affordable contract and more consistency.

If Tinsley was in his prime, he would have satisfied it from the PG.

But given this team's roster, I think there needs to be more toughness from the SG/SF.

Favors and Kanters could bring it, if they ever prove to be heavy minute starters. (Which might not happen.)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything wrong. Missed shots, fouled, turned the ball over on stupid passes, flashed his mom, didn't guard his man, forgot to tie his shoelaces, and spelled his name wrong. Should have had a legal name change to "Mr. Wrong." You know, I don't even know his first name. I can look it up, but only after he plays better.

I once was copying someone's physics answer to a question (it was a group thing in class), and I copied their name. I noticed it right after I finished writing their name on my paper.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's too old to be called a Tot.

Plus, I hate alliteration in general. (Clintonite33 sends me texts with alliteration to get back at me).

So Tater Teen is out also.

How about Potato Adolescent. That's accurate, descriptive, and most importantly, doesn't rhyme.

So Adolescent Crescent is out, too? Ahh, shucks.

He's not your kid and you're not my father! You can't tell me what to call him. I with call him Tater Tot Nader Not from now on. He hates Ralph Nader. Or so is assumed for no good reason but to rhyme and alliterate.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once was copying someone's physics answer to a question (it was a group thing in class), and I copied their name. I noticed it right after I finished writing their name on my paper.

That's what separates a fool from an idiot. Just kidding, you're no fool.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just tired of seeing a lack of toughness. Even in recent years, like game 5 @ SA in 2007, or game 5 @ Houston in 2008.

I want to see someone like Carroll, but the talent to be a starter, and someone other GMs would actually want. Like Matt Barnes or Tony Allen or Sefolosha, etc.

Or AK, with an affordable contract and more consistency.

If Tinsley was in his prime, he would have satisfied it from the PG.

But given this team's roster, I think there needs to be more toughness from the SG/SF.

Favors and Kanters could bring it, if they ever prove to be heavy minute starters. (Which might not happen.)

Jerry Sloan. John Stockton. Karl Malone. Greg Ostertag. Just kidding, but he did respond well to Shaq's slap. He fought back and did a generally good job against him.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. For anyone on the Jazz, not for mediocre talent for a borderline playoff team.

Ok, you've convinced me. No more expectations. Just beat Okur's three record.

Can you link to where the inner quote was, so I can see what the context of the conversation was?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the win! :laugh:

Thanks, I enjoyed it more because it was the first time the Jazz won on back-to-back nights this year. I like the Timberwolves a bit, they're in my top ten and I respect Adelman.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Sloan. John Stockton. Karl Malone. Greg Ostertag. Just kidding, but he did respond well to Shaq's slap. He fought back and did a generally good job against him.

I'm talking about all season long, not individual moments.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you link to where the inner quote was, so I can see what the context of the conversation was?

Nope, I can't. That was me guessing what you'd say. I meant to clarify that below so as not to misrepresent or confuse, but I forgot. Sorry, man.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus, many of those teams didn't rank as well defensively as the New Orleans Jazz teams, so something was missing.

And I liked Ostertag.

But apparently, there needed to be even more.