• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Reds @ Giants 8/25/10

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants pitching today:

1712.jpg

LOL. As usual, gifmaster.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Which makes him a crashing narcissist along with dead wrong. Who really cares what any of us do, think, type, post, feel? It's a sport! It's a message board!

That's the negative externality part. If our actions lead to a bad outcome for Tito, i.e. Sabean and the Giants continuing with the status quo, he thinks he has the right to take offense. He's delusional, narcissistic, call it what you will - he's not right in the head.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the really weird part. What is there to win? If you're right, the team you root for loses. If you're wrong, you don't get the enjoyment that comes with it because your sacred prediction has been falsified. They see pessimism as win-win, but I think most of us see it as lose-lose. I guess it's just a difference in personalities. On another note, I hate the sense of entitlement that comes with their fandom. ElJim had a great post on the ESPN board about how it's one's choice to spend money on the entertainment derived from following a sports franchise. Said franchise doesn't owe you anything. Whereas, it is harder to root for a team if the owner doesn't care to try to make improvements, that is not the case with the Giants. I don't think it has been the case with any of the Bay Area franchises. Yes, Cohan, York and Neukom/Magowan might have been overly concerned with the bottom line at times (to the detriment of the development of the team), but it is/was their business and their right. I hate fair weather fans and bandwagon jumpers.

I think most of the problems stem from the bold above. All of us in here are (relatively) rational people. When you try to make sense of the inane, it drives you crazy. All of us in here, be it msg, you (heath), gp and cal have brought up very intriguing points and insight to the table on why a poster would respond in such a manner as the aforementioned. I think that our collective (relative) rationality with how we are as fans actually hurts us when responding to these types. For some reason, we feel that last breath rush of "if we could only get through to them then they'd see". Our rational minds are trying to convince ourselves that deep down, that troll can see the light.....And yes, sometimes I know we just respond to have some fun as well (I've been guily of both countless times). Unfortunately for us, the trolls are either to angry/slighted to change their ways, or they are just attention whores who take great satisfaction in stirring up the pot. Regardless, I've enjoyed talking baseball with you guys (maybe we are the irrational ones, lol) over here. I actually gain knowledge here instead of losing brain cells.....

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the negative externality part. If our actions lead to a bad outcome for Tito, i.e. Sabean and the Giants continuing with the status quo, he thinks he has the right to take offense. He's delusional, narcissistic, call it what you will - he's not right in the head.

I also think haters really are unhappy people, and venting their spleens anonymously on a sports message board is one of the least unhealthy outlets available. Lonely, sad, broke, bored? At least you can rag on some sports team and other posters all day long and call people failures and sheep.

It's cheaper and safer than drinking, gambling, violence, whoring, drugs, etc.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Tito is that he doesn't appreciate/recognize the intelligence of other posters. He's a guy who lives too much inside his own head. He was originally a different kind of poster a few years ago, still a hater, thought of himself as an expert, but he got owned on so many threads he eventually had some kind of breakdown and had all his old posts deleted. When he came back his persona changed into what you see today - mostly a shit-disturbing troll.

I remember those days...he was less abrasive. Loony Toons, but less trollish. I wonder what happened that ESPN banned him and deleted all his threads?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hate to give up on this game.... but got to get some work done.... see you next time gents!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I remember those days...he was less abrasive. Loony Toons, but less trollish. I wonder what happened that ESPN banned him and deleted all his threads?

I think Ttio may have initiated it. Threatened to sue or something like that.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think haters really are unhappy people, and venting their spleens anonymously on a sports message board is one of the least unhealthy outlets available. Lonely, sad, broke, bored? At least you can rag on some sports team and other posters all day long and call people failures and sheep.

It's cheaper and safer than drinking, gambling, violence, whoring, drugs, etc.

If it truly does provide an outlet for them that, albeit, seems unhealthy to me, but keeps them from doing other unhealthy things in their real life, I'm willing to deal with the (to borrow a phrase) "poopy postings." I hope this is the case, but it's still sad. Good thing most Bay Area sports fans are intelligent, enthusiastic, loyal, well-meaning people.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not our day, lads. Not Bum's day either. FWIW, I just read a paper on how the most effective treatment for graffitti is to immediately paint over it -- I'm currently taking that approach with inoutregurg...until I get bored.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not our day, lads. Not Bum's day either. FWIW, I just read a paper on how the most effective treatment for graffitti is to immediately paint over it -- I'm currently taking that approach with inoutregurg...until I get bored.

I think he'll outlast you. They stay crazy longer than you can keep painting over them. If my theory is correct, inout prefers your attention to your indifference.

He's even bashing his fellow pantshatting moron hater buddy Nolan now.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it truly does provide an outlet for them that, albeit, seems unhealthy to me, but keeps them from doing other unhealthy things in their real life, I'm willing to deal with the (to borrow a phrase) "poopy postings." I hope this is the case, but it's still sad. Good thing most Bay Area sports fans are intelligent, enthusiastic, loyal, well-meaning people.

Indeed, very sad.

Let's start winning again Friday!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat the Bat! A little light at the end of the tunnel. Keep fighting you fuckers (Giants).

Now 10 - 3 bad guys.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat the Bat! A little light at the end of the tunnel. Keep fighting you fuckers (Giants).

Now 10 - 3 bad guys.

Today, that light you see is a train coming to run you over. :mad: