• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Reds @ Giants 8/25/10

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+ 10

That's my point, inout and Tito are over there giving each other handjobs about how smart they are and how all the other posters think and they are playing a little internet game with themselves and no one else is playing or even caring. Definitely a downside to the internet, the emergence of this kind of personality with an easy forum.

I do enjoy going over there now and then to see guys getting schooled by gp or tzill or to do a little myself. But eventually, it grows tiresome.

Agreed. I enjoy reading the ownage, too, but even that can get old. I'm glad you guys are doing it. It doesn't fit my personality. Get a DP, MadBum!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Joey Votto is impressive. What was he feeling so anxious about that he needed to take time off for? I understand he probably puts a lot of pressure on himself, so I'm happy he has worked through some of his anxiety issues. It just would be nice if he could've missed some of this series.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another hard hit ball. I hope the offense came to play again today.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Better yet. What did they do on that third game in 1973? Not that it would have any baring on today, but I really hope they can get at least 4 runs for MadBum. Cool stat, gp. Look it up, hear it on KNBR or other?

Read it on Bagg's blog:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pessimism had some merit (so far)

The ball is flying out of there again today, maybe we win 10-8

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I predict Bumgarner will give up at least three in the first - inoutrepeat.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah. Sometimes I even look forward to reading some of his posts, but every late August it becomes harder and harder to find any with substance. Honestly, the only time he makes good points about the direction the Giants should be taking is in the off-season. The whole Cain thing is ridiculous. I don't know that I'd go so far as to call him racist. Let's just say he is good balance for Nolan, while tipping the scales of doomsaying and woe is me old man pessimism between the two.

The thing about Tito is that he doesn't appreciate/recognize the intelligence of other posters. He's a guy who lives too much inside his own head. He was originally a different kind of poster a few years ago, still a hater, thought of himself as an expert, but he got owned on so many threads he eventually had some kind of breakdown and had all his old posts deleted. When he came back his persona changed into what you see today - mostly a shit-disturbing troll.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Tito is that he doesn't appreciate/recognize the intelligence of other posters. He's a guy who lives too much inside his own head. He was originally a different kind of poster a few years ago, still a hater, thought of himself as an expert, but he got owned on so many threads he eventually had some kind of breakdown and had all his old posts deleted. When he came back his persona changed into what you see today - mostly a shit-disturbing troll.

That's an important point. Respect should be paramount, and that is what has been lacking recently more than any other time that I remember reading the boards. Granted, the anonymous chest-thumping will never disappear from message boards, but within the baseball discussions, I don't think it's too much to ask to at least acknowledge there is a presumably intelligent person on the other end of the computer that roots for the same team that you do.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pretty close down the line. Anyone get a better view of that in slo-mo than I did? Did Guillen hit it fair?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay hot Panda. Come on boys at least put up a 1 spot here. Make Bailey work, I'm not impressed with him from past starts.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the situations that can put you into Giants' folklore for decades, Freddy.