• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Reds @ Giants 8/25/10

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Tito is that he doesn't appreciate/recognize the intelligence of other posters. He's a guy who lives too much inside his own head. He was originally a different kind of poster a few years ago, still a hater, thought of himself as an expert, but he got owned on so many threads he eventually had some kind of breakdown and had all his old posts deleted. When he came back his persona changed into what you see today - mostly a shit-disturbing troll.

Excellent analysis. Shame.

Actually all these dopes share that trait, lack of self awareness, or awareness of how they are perceived. Inout, Tito, Nolan. All these guys think they are really smart and 'winning'.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I heard somewhere that the Giants were supposed to have good starting pitching. I do not have a link, though...

Did any of you guys hear that?

Rumor and conjecture. How dare you post something without a link. Back up your assertions. :).

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Burrell's D finally cost a couple of runs

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an important point. Respect should be paramount, and that is what has been lacking recently more than any other time that I remember reading the boards. Granted, the anonymous chest-thumping will never disappear from message boards, but within the baseball discussions, I don't think it's too much to ask to at least acknowledge there is a presumably intelligent person on the other end of the computer that roots for the same team that you do.

Outstanding.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.....feck. What just happened. Now the Giants not only need a 6 run comeback, but they need to shut down the Reds from here on out. All of this with two outs and nobody on.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you. This one had all the makings of a loss today. Sweeps are hard.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I must admit you are the king of the gifs.....as for me, I'm just a really poor dancer when I'm excited.

I saw that gif and for some reason thought of you. Being a hockey player and all... it seemed to fit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did ramirez REALLY just show up in the game and promptly comit 2 errors on his first play????????

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other board must be imploding right now.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent analysis. Shame.

Actually all these dopes share that trait, lack of self awareness, or awareness of how they are perceived. Inout, Tito, Nolan. All these guys think they are really smart and 'winning'.

That's the really weird part. What is there to win? If you're right, the team you root for loses. If you're wrong, you don't get the enjoyment that comes with it because your sacred prediction has been falsified. They see pessimism as win-win, but I think most of us see it as lose-lose. I guess it's just a difference in personalities. On another note, I hate the sense of entitlement that comes with their fandom. ElJim had a great post on the ESPN board about how it's one's choice to spend money on the entertainment derived from following a sports franchise. Said franchise doesn't owe you anything. Whereas, it is harder to root for a team if the owner doesn't care to try to make improvements, that is not the case with the Giants. I don't think it has been the case with any of the Bay Area franchises. Yes, Cohan, York and Neukom/Magowan might have been overly concerned with the bottom line at times (to the detriment of the development of the team), but it is/was their business and their right. I hate fair weather fans and bandwagon jumpers.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's the really weird part. What is there to win? If you're right, the team you root for loses. If you're wrong, you don't get the enjoyment that comes with it because your sacred prediction has been falsified. They see pessimism as win-win, but I think most of us see it as lose-lose. I guess it's just a difference in personalities. On another note, I hate the sense of entitlement that comes with their fandom. ElJim had a great post on the ESPN board about how it's one's choice to spend money on the entertainment derived from following a sports franchise. Said franchise doesn't owe you anything. Whereas, it is harder to root for a team if the owner doesn't care to try to make improvements, that is not the case with the Giants. I don't think it has been the case with any of the Bay Area franchises. Yes, Cohan, York and Neukom/Magowan might have been overly concerned with the bottom line at times (to the detriment of the development of the team), but it is their business and their right. I hate fair weather fans.

Here's the deal...with Tito at least. A couple of years ago, he recognized that sabean had done a poor job of assembling the team. Most of us readily acknowledged that. Where Tito starts to go off the bend is that he wants the rest of us to stop patronizing the game in order to force the Giants to fire Sabean. He perceives our continued support of the team as a kind of negative externality. He believes we are either stupid/naive for supporting the team, brain washed by Comcast/KNBR, or part of the conspiracy to brainwash the average fan.

This was all before he "lost it". Now, as I said, he's just a "burn down the house" type troll.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the deal...with Tito at least. A couple of years ago, he recognized that sabean had done a poor job of assembling the team. Most of us readily acknowledged that. Where Tito starts to go off the bend is that he wants the rest of us to stop patronizing the game in order to force the Giants to fire Sabean. He perceives our continued support of the team as a kind of negative externality. He believes we are either stupid/naive for supporting the team, brain washed by Comcast/KNBR, or part of the conspiracy to brainwash the average fan.

Which makes him a crashing narcissist along with dead wrong. Who really cares what any of us do, think, type, post, feel? It's a sport! It's a message board!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just like sports. :)

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Giants pitching today:

1712.jpg