• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Niners vs Boys

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for that post - some people on here are either high or drunk...

Aww snap, good to see you here Mufasa. Good to see some of the folks from old school espn back on here.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trying to score in the redzone without Edwards and Crabs and a running game that is dormant.

Keeping the 3 points wasn't something I was against at the time. If you were that is ok just don't get stuck on 1 play that only leads to what ifs if you keep the ball vs the FG.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 1 game...well, 2 games?

I'm sure he'll be on your good side next week.

Considering Harbs is highly rated coach and etc... I didn't expect him to make a call like that....

I should've said I lost some faith in Harbs... his decisions today has been questionable IMO. But he was similar to preseason and gm 1 form and we all(me included) thought it was conserving the playcalling and etc...

maybe this is him?

Its incredible how bad we lost this one. To an injured QB with cracked RIBS....

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense let the Cowboys break through like they were wet napkin. We can't stop teams in the 4th quarter and it has been a problem for years now. They looked great for 3 quarters, but when the scores is close and the game on the line you can bet the 49ers defense will roll over and play dead for the other team. They gave up more big plays in the final 7 minutes + OT then they had all game.

How do you let receivers get that open down the field with the lead in a game?

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A familiar pattern with the 49ers. They get completely out-coached at halftime.

we had this one and we blew it-it hurts......that field goal/4th down decision should never be repeated. Even if we run Gore after that three times we kill a lot of time Headcoach, damn!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Defense let the Cowboys break through like they were wet napkin. We can't stop teams in the 4th quarter and it has been a problem for years now. They looked great for 3 quarters, but when the scores is close and the game on the line you can bet the 49ers defense will roll over and play dead for the other team. They gave up more big plays in the final 7 minutes + OT then they had all game.

How do you let receivers get that open down the field with the lead in a game?

That's because we can't stop the pass. We're great against the run, but once teams abandon the run, we can't stop them. That's why we so frequently blow 4th quarter leads. Teams go hurry-up, and just march down the field. Ugly.

I missed most of the second half in this one, and my picture was crappy for much of it, but it looked like the OL was just a disaster. Guys repeatedly got in competely untouched. Same old story: OL can't pass block and D can't defend the pass. The only new wrinkle was that, at least of what I saw, Smith actually looked quite good in this one. Again, I missed most of the second half, so can't say what happened, but the impression I got was that the OL was FAR more to blame than Smith for our offensive woes.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A familiar pattern with the 49ers. They get completely out-coached at halftime.

teams change their approach when plays aren't working and we, we keep doing the same sh1t-if Gore isn't running well put in Hunter - he is hungry and will bounce one out to keep the d honest..i am loosing my mind...this won't happen to the other 31 teams in the league..Geez!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we had this one and we blew it-it hurts......that field goal/4th down decision should never be repeated. Even if we run Gore after that three times we kill a lot of time Headcoach, damn!

Be careful chiming in with the inveterate pantshitter; he's a pro. OTOH, the offense did not lose the game -- the defense couldn't stop the Boys in the fourth quarter or in OT.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You never take points off the board, specially with our offense. What if he takes the penalty and on the next play gore fumbles. You lose points and the ball.... You never take points off the board in the NFL unless you got a ridiculous offense, which we definitely don't. The defense allowed 20 Points in the 2nd half/OT. That's why we lost.

I could not agree more. Take the points and you are up by 2 scores. The D has to do its job and did not. Remember last week when they had like 6 attempts from the 1 yard line and could not get a td? Take the points when you got them.

Roosh016

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No matter how much I hate Dallas, you have to give them credit. Romo has gone from an 8 qb to a 9 in my book. Alex played one heck of a game and no more making fun of Ray Mcdonald, he was a beast. I didn't like the play calling on D in the 4th, way too many blitzes and if I was Jim Harbaugh, I would have taken the first down and kept driving, rather than have taken the field goal. The 49ers lost this game but I think they gained a lot as a team. Overall we are heading in the right direction. GO NINERS!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Post game response Bingo?

On that crucial 3rd and long (in overtime). Alex passed the ball to Ginn and he (Ginn) was short of the converting that 3rd down by one yard. Was that ruled a catch when it was reviewed? All I remembered was my brother arguing about what should Harbaugh have done (go for it or punt it). My stance on that was Harbaugh should have gone for it at that point. Why you ask...? because I knew our defense were not going to hold Romo and company. They had already demonstrated that we were incapable of stopping them at all whatsoever in the 4th quarter. So why punt it!!!?? Just go for it.

With regard to Harbaugh's decision not to take the penatly when we could have had fresh downs as opposed to the 3pts...I would have liked him to take the penalty instead. Why because it was a 15 yard penalty. We would have had it deep in their territory. Once we were deep in their territory, I would have liked him to be very conservative with the playcalling (luck could have granted us 7 pts instead of the 3pts). Worse case scenario we would have gotten the 3pts playing conservative deep in their territory. However, the biggest difference is that we would have chewed out a chunk of the time off the clock. That's why I favored taking the penalty in that situation instead of opting out to simply take the 3 with all that time left in the clock.

With all that said, that decision right there was not the MAIN reason why we lost this game today...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginn bobbled it and regained control after he was out of bounds.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On that crucial 3rd and long (in overtime). Alex passed the ball to Ginn and he (Ginn) was short of the converting that 3rd down by one yard. Was that ruled a catch when it was reviewed? All I remembered was my brother arguing about what should Harbaugh have done (go for it or punt it). My stance on that was Harbaugh should have gone for it at that point. Why you ask...? because I knew our defense were not going to hold Romo and company. They had already demonstrated that we were incapable of stopping them at all whatsoever in the 4th quarter. So why punt it!!!?? Just go for it.

With regard to Harbaugh's decision not to take the penatly when we could have had fresh downs as opposed to the 3pts...I would have liked him to take the penalty instead. Why because it was a 15 yard penalty. We would have had it deep in their territory. Once we were deep in their territory, I would have liked him to be very conservative with the playcalling (luck could have granted us 7 pts instead of the 3pts). Worse case scenario we would have gotten the 3pts playing conservative deep in their territory. However, the biggest difference is that we would have chewed out a chunk of the time off the clock. That's why I favored taking the penalty in that situation instead of opting out to simply take the 3 with all that time left in the clock.

With all that said, that decision right there was not the MAIN reason why we lost this game today...

Had Ginn made that catch, i could understand the punt but like you, " They had already demonstrated that we were incapable of stopping them at all whatsoever in the 4th quarter. So why punt it!!!?? Just go for it." I would've leaned for the 4th down call... No reason to be in OT to begin with.. we choke it up.

I appreciate and approve your opinion on the penalty decision, I knew I like you for some reason!

I would say that decision was the catalyst for the domino effect... not the MAIN one, hard to say what was the main let down but i would say the defense in the end.

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that situation

Taking 3 was trying not to lose

Taking the penalty was trying to go win the game