• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Niners vs Boys

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49er game is available to watch on NFL game rewind. I think they got a free trial going too.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's because we can't stop the pass. We're great against the run, but once teams abandon the run, we can't stop them. That's why we so frequently blow 4th quarter leads. Teams go hurry-up, and just march down the field. Ugly.

I missed most of the second half in this one, and my picture was crappy for much of it, but it looked like the OL was just a disaster. Guys repeatedly got in competely untouched. Same old story: OL can't pass block and D can't defend the pass. The only new wrinkle was that, at least of what I saw, Smith actually looked quite good in this one. Again, I missed most of the second half, so can't say what happened, but the impression I got was that the OL was FAR more to blame than Smith for our offensive woes.

It's also because of a change in coaching philosophy in the 4th quarter. The team goes into a shell and stops being aggressive. They stopped trying to disrupt Romo by getting after him and just sat back and let Dallas walk down the field. Aggressiveness got them the lead and pasivity lost it for them. This team is good enough to stay in most games and most games will come down to making or not making one or two plays in the game. Unfortunately, they will lose a lot of these games since they cannot make a play at the end of the game. Some of that is on poor players and some is on the style the coaches ask them to play in the 4th quarter.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta remember how effective Smith was in the redzone last season shoot even last week with his run in. Sure 22 yard line isn't redzone but it is damn close.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gotta remember how effective Smith was in the redzone last season shoot even last week with his run in. Sure 22 yard line isn't redzone but it is damn close.

heck with that, what about this very game? He was three for three in the red zone with touchdowns. Why wasn't Harbaugh looking at that?