• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Minis @ 5 time SB Champs NFC Championship Game

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, MSG. For me, it actually hasn't been hard being a Niner fan even when they sucked because I always have the memories of the Montana, Rice, Young years to fall back on. I had the perfect football fan childhood. However, I would like to see them win another one in my lifetime and it sucks that they lost an opportunity for one with uncharacteristically bad special teams play last night.

Who's your team?

I grew up in Chicago until age 9, so Bears, White Sox, Bulls were my default.

But I've lived in the Bay Area since 1988 and SF since 1993, and then I married a rabid Giants fan, so the Giants slowly grew even to my White Sox fandom and then passed them around when they made the series in 2002. I still follow the Sox and root for them, and there's no conflict with the Giants so that's fine.

The Warriors are growing on me too, their fanbase is the best. And I've never had more fun that being at Oracle for game 4 of that Dallas playoff series in 2007(?).

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've waited some time before posting. Can see your pain and also understand it. But, I'm a mis-placed SF Giant fan. I live in NY so you can probably guess who I was rooting for. That was a real tough game and one of the teams had to lose. Can't remember how many times I've been on the other side. I do remembering smashing the TV on our (baseball) loss to them damn rally monkeys. I don't take football as seriously as baseball so I would have just rolled with an SF win Sunday. That's because I don't live there and feel the same sense of 'connection' that you all do. Hell, my baseball Giant ties are really back to NY. I still can almost recall the feelings I had when they relocated to SF. It was crushing but I couldn't find it in myself to root for another team.

I do feel some of your pain. We caught a few really good breaks and were able to capitalize on them. But, being from the NY area we hate anything related to the MA. I could never root for the Pats no matter who they were playing ........

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've waited some time before posting. Can see your pain and also understand it. But, I'm a mis-placed SF Giant fan. I live in NY so you can probably guess who I was rooting for. That was a real tough game and one of the teams had to lose. Can't remember how many times I've been on the other side. I do remembering smashing the TV on our (baseball) loss to them damn rally monkeys. I don't take football as seriously as baseball so I would have just rolled with an SF win Sunday. That's because I don't live there and feel the same sense of 'connection' that you all do. Hell, my baseball Giant ties are really back to NY. I still can almost recall the feelings I had when they relocated to SF. It was crushing but I couldn't find it in myself to root for another team.

I do feel some of your pain. We caught a few really good breaks and were able to capitalize on them. But, being from the NY area we hate anything related to the MA. I could never root for the Pats no matter who they were playing ........

Sorry about my dickhead comments. I forgot you and Freeport were from NY. I think of you guys as San Franciscans, lol. I just didn't like a lot of the shit talking I read from NY Giants players in the week leading up to the game. Unfortunately, that's just the way sports are these days with Twitter and a percentage of overpaid morons.

Good luck in the Super Bowl 11704. After calming down, I really don't know if I can root for either team, lol.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about my dickhead comments. I forgot you and Freeport were from NY.

Hey Filo - no need to ever be sorry for what you feel as a fan. That's what makes you a fan. Comments don't bother me unless they become personal and are based on nothing more that "I think it is so therefore it is". That's what I hated about the Disney board. People here are great. Everyone may not agree but we don't start personal attacks on people ... unless you are the person that can not be named ....