• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Avs at CBJ: The prodigal defenseman returns

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not that one. A different one.

Seems Jan Hejda was a bit perturbed that the Jackets didn't offer him more money, and he is bitter.

Blue Jackets: Hejda back in town, with some bitterness | BlueJackets Xtra

The Jackets offered him a moderate raise on the understanding that they had three defensive studs in the pipeline and had just signed Wiz to be the number one guy. He counter offered and they let him walk. How is that something to be bitter about, exactly?

He rolled his dice and overplayed his hand. They called him on it, and how he makes more somewhere else. Good for him that he found someone who thought he was worth that money. He should be happy. He clearly wasn't worth that to the CBJ. As a refresher; Worth = What someone is willing to pay.

The Jackets have not had a good year yet, and the notoriously patient fans in Columbus are already calling for Mason to be traded, Arneil to be fired and for Jeff Carter to be run out of town. I say they should just STFU and go back to worrying about Braxton Miller's hamstring or what car dealer has Rose Bowl pants or whatever.

I think it was a bit odd that Arneil spent so much time right up to the start of the season juggling lines shortening the chance for the lines to click. But it'll get there. Anyone who hits the panic button after three games is delusional. It also appears that the Jackets have not yet practiced their power play. So they probably want to do that.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Apparently, I can't watch this one on TV.

Well done, idiots.