• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 5/29 Slytherin @ Giants

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melky has to get the player of the month award for May right?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melky 4-7 lifetime vs. Ian Kennedy.

Tomorrow might be fun.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sick of shitty umpires, and the three-headed suck of arias, Burris, and theriot.

img256.gif

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you are. You can't be a Giants fan and be calm, can you? Just look at tzill. ;)

AB: YOU WERE ALL WHINING WHEN I LEFT TRON IN TO PITCH THE SEVENTH. WELL, FUCK YOU -- I HAVE A TROPHY. ALL YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE IRRELEVANT.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the park, so no ability to watch the TV replay, but he umps zone seemed to suck all night long. Looked from section 120 that a ton of low pitches were called strikes. Will be interesting to see the fangraphs data. They finally won on a Tuesday night. The Melkmen are all kinds of awesome; I want a Melkman outfit. Real good guys too. Kobe may have struggled tonight, but he's going to be an asset at 2b. I'm thinking that the following will happen pretty soon:

1. Huff DFAd -- dude is done.
2. BurrAss DFAd -- as soon as Panda's back.
3. Buster and Chez3 play 1b once a week, with the majority of the rest of the starts there going to Baby G. An occasional start vs. a tough lefty for Chipmunk.
4. Roster:
C- Buster, Chez3
1B - Baby G, Chipmunk
2B - Arias, Riot
SS - Stamos, (Arias)
3B - Panda, (Arias)
OF - Leche, Oxy, Shark, Nate
SP - Horse/Bum/Zeets/Tron/Freak
RP - K-Cya, Romo, Burgermeister, Hensley, LOOGY, Edlefsen, Loux

That leaves one spot for another middle infielder. The question is: who? Culby, Gillaspie, Noonan, Bond? Trade?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the park, so no ability to watch the TV replay, but he umps zone seemed to suck all night long. Looked from section 120 that a ton of low pitches were called strikes. Will be interesting to see the fangraphs data. They finally won on a Tuesday night. The Melkmen are all kinds of awesome; I want a Melkman outfit. Real good guys too. Kobe may have struggled tonight, but he's going to be an asset at 2b. I'm thinking that the following will happen pretty soon:

1. Huff DFAd -- dude is done.
2. BurrAss DFAd -- as soon as Panda's back.
3. Buster and Chez3 play 1b once a week, with the majority of the rest of the starts there going to Baby G. An occasional start vs. a tough lefty for Chipmunk.
4. Roster:
C- Buster, Chez3
1B - Baby G, Chipmunk
2B - Arias, Riot
SS - Stamos, (Arias)
3B - Panda, (Arias)
OF - Leche, Oxy, Shark, Nate
SP - Horse/Bum/Zeets/Tron/Freak
RP - K-Cya, Romo, Burgermeister, Hensley, LOOGY, Edlefsen, Loux

That leaves one spot for another middle infielder. The question is: who? Culby, Gillaspie, Noonan, Bond? Trade?

Nice. The Melkmen looked awesome on TV!

I'd give Noonan a shot, he is hitting well in Fresno, why not?

I think they will try and trade Huffer at the deadline, and if no brain dead, er, needy team bites, he gets released. He has done nothing since his "return".

Great game tonight. Looked like Vogey was flirting with danger all night, with two innings of bases loaded less than two outs, but he worked through it. Great for him, and the team!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else hear Ratto talking the other day about moving in the fences in right-center...thus removing "triples alley"?

That wouldn't have affected that hit by Melky...but I wonder what the board thinks of the idea.

Hate it. Ratto isn't very smart.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angry Bruce quote of the game:

WANT TO KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING TONIGHT WHEN I LEFT FOR A FEW INNINGS? HINT: FUCK YOU.

Also, this:

IF BELT COULD HIT AS WELL AS BUMGARNER MAYBE HE'D BE IN THE LINEUP. FUCK YOU.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No business man's lunchtime special today? Bummer. Nothing like a mid-day sweep. Oh well, I can be patient.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate it. Ratto isn't very smart.

In a vacuum, obviously the right field wall is daunting to a power LHH, and it may be a factor in trying to secure a power LHH in the future, or keep one that we develop. As such, incrementalist that I am, I would be in favor of, as others have suggested, leaving the wall alone but moving the field toward it 5 to 10 feet. That leaves the wonderful character of the ballpark alone, while providing some more excitement and allure to a power LHH. And there would be a bit of an offset offensively, because there would be that much more room in foul territory.

For those who would argue that Barry Bonds had no trouble with it (and by implication, other power LHH's), I submit that Bonds was a very special hitter in a very "special" era, who basically wanted to play in only SF. It will be a long time, IMHO, before we see another hitter like him again, if ever.

On the other hand...

...it's not like we need to do this to put more fans in the park, because we sell out every game. It's good to frustrate opposing hitters, and build our club around the park (eg, guys like Melk).

Interesting question.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a vacuum, obviously the right field wall is daunting to a power LHH, and it may be a factor in trying to secure a power LHH in the future, or keep one that we develop. As such, incrementalist that I am, I would be in favor of, as others have suggested, leaving the wall alone but moving the field toward it 5 to 10 feet. That leaves the wonderful character of the ballpark alone, while providing some more excitement and allure to a power LHH. And there would be a bit of an offset offensively, because there would be that much more room in foul territory.

For those who would argue that Barry Bonds had no trouble with it (and by implication, other power LHH's), I submit that Bonds was a very special hitter in a very "special" era, who basically wanted to play in only SF. It will be a long time, IMHO, before we see another hitter like him again, if ever.

On the other hand...

...it's not like we need to do this to put more fans in the park, because we sell out every game. It's good to frustrate opposing hitters, and build our club around the park (eg, guys like Melk).

Interesting question.

I like your plan and reasoning better. It rings a lot more true to me than, "Waaaaaaaaah! No power hitters want to play for a team that will compete for World Series rings for at least the next decade because they can't hit a bunch of homers 81 games per year! Waaaaaaaaaah!" You're much smarter than Ray Ratto.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like your plan and reasoning better. It rings a lot more true to me than, "Waaaaaaaaah! No power hitters want to play for a team that will compete for World Series rings for at least the next decade because they can't hit a bunch of homers 81 games per year! Waaaaaaaaaah!" You're much smarter than Ray Ratto.

"We" could move homeplate up a few inches every game to see if anyone notices.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1 on Ray = dumb

Also, for every hitter afraid to play here, there's a pitcher very eager to pitch here and sign a long term deal to do so, like Cain and Bum.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1 on Ray = dumb

Also, for every hitter afraid to play here, there's a pitcher very eager to pitch here and sign a long term deal to do so, like Cain and Bum.

Ray is kind of like Krapakami lite....both strive to be annoying and pantshatty, Ray achieves some level of humor while going about it.