• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Lions

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Schwartz needs to learn how to lose with class...when we lost to the Cowboys you didn't see Harbaugh going after Garrett.

The Lions played a good game but our D beat the ish out of them. It was a hell of game and the Niners pulled out a gusty win. Deal with Schwartz!!!!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, I was flying back from our beatdown in Knoxville, so I had to watch the DVR again...but let me just give my thoughts on the game. The playcalling and scheme was just great, the secondary played great, the D-line played really great, the LB's were super great, the O-line was pretty great, the RB's were great great. Other than the penalties...I'd say we played kinda' great.

Sorry for all the technical jargon and football-speak, I'm just fired up by our boys!!!

5 AND 1 MOFOS!!!!

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs took the high road in the post game presser. He said it was his bad, because he shook Schwartz's hand too hard. Schawartz was still kind of a douche in his post game presser.

Kind of sucks that this is what people are talking about after an epic win. 5-1 going into the bye week. Who would have thunk it?

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This thing is divided right down fan lines...but when you add in commentators....The Schwartz is a douche bag...:ss:

On a side note...has ptech showed up here??? I saw him posting comments on the ESPN side over "Handshake Gate".

We need to add that as a new emoticon...the aggressive handshake or back slap.

:ss:

"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"
--Lord Dark Helmet

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers vs. Detroit Lions - Recap - October 16, 2011 - ESPN

The 49ers held Matthew Stafford to 4 of 16 passing with no scores on throws outside of the painted field numbers. Stafford's completion percentage (25.0 percent) was his lowest on such throws since Week 9 of 2010 against the Jets and it was just the second time Stafford has been held to 25.0 percent or lower in his career.

NEXT LEVEL: Alex Smith handed the Lions their first loss when he converted on 4th-and-goal to tight end Delanie Walker for the game-winning touchdown. Among quarterbacks with at least 10 red zone attempts to their tight ends since the beginning of 2010, Smith led the NFL with a completion percentage of 82.4 entering Week 6. The Niners' quarterback has now completed three passes in the red zone when targeting his tight ends this year with all three going for touchdowns.

This was the third game-winning, fourth-quarter comeback drive in a ROAD game that Alex Smith has led this season. Only one other quarterback in 49ers history has done that in a single season - Joe Montana had four in 1989 and three in 1990.

Sunday was the third time in the 49ers' franchise history that San Francisco beat an undefeated team on the road this late in the season.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it thread related fellas. If you wanna have a pissing contest then you are more than welcome to go the PM route with each other.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs took the high road in the post game presser. He said it was his bad, because he shook Schwartz's hand too hard. Schawartz was still kind of a douche in his post game presser.

Kind of sucks that this is what people are talking about after an epic win. 5-1 going into the bye week. Who would have thunk it?

i sensed a bit of sarcasm in that remark tho

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is playing mind games

he just said WHO's NEXT, to get their ass kicked? :kk: :boxing:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch nasty head slide on concrete to finish it off.

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did I leave out Alex Smith?

Well wasn't his best game, he was starting to over throw(my fear was that he was getting arm tired(like last year)).

But he did play back to his strengths and never shown frustration or lost his cool. He took advantage of some solid protections and made plays happen. I have no doubt/fear with him running a 2 minute offense, he proved he's capable of such for years now.

I noticed that the ball began to sail after one play where the Lions blitzed a lot of men and Smith's pass to his right was batted down. He might have been trying to get the out quicker, which messed with his mechanics. He does have a slow release. The line is improving each week, so he should feel more comfortable as the season progresses.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno if anyone mentioned this, but I remembered it when seeing the highlights...how about that near/far formation? I haven't seen the good old days of the true WCO. Not that they were super effective plays (though one was Gore's TD), but it gave me the warm n fuzzies.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Re-Focused: 49ers @ Lions, Week 6 | ProFootballFocus.com

Things weren't much better in the passing game, where Jeff Backus (-4.5) surrendered three sacks, a hit and seven more pressures. It may not have been instantaneous pressure, but it was consistent, with Smith (again) and rookie Aldon Smith (+3.6 pass rush) causing him plenty of problems.

Ouch.

-----------------

Perhaps it had to do with being pressured on 35.7% of plays, or perhaps he just couldn***8217;t handle the blitz (three completions with a -2.0 rating on the eight occasions San Fran sent five or more rushers).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying for months that Backus is AWFUL. Cherilus isn't very good either. If they get bookend tackles they'll be a force.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the crux of it all, I think we ALL agree to this.

Harbaugh supplied the spark, Schartz poured on the gallons of gasoline.

Not me. In the limited sense, if I hated when people wore hats and I confronted someone wearing a hat (but nothing else I objected to), it's true that if not for wearing the hat, I wouldn't have confronted him. To me, what the guy did (wear a hat), was terrible. But for another person, they may look at this and say "it was a football game, not a church, wearing a hat is fine. The hat wearer bears no responsibility for the spark".

That's where I am. I feel like society likes to always divide the blame. What's wrong with saying one guy's to blame and not the other? "It takes two to fight". Why divide it when it's clear that Schwartz is the guy that made it an issue. Celebrating the way Harbaugh did is NOT over the top. People don't understand that his team has a bluecollar team where you can untuck your shirt when you win. He wasn't trying to demonstrabley chest bump, etc. He didn't call the other team a mothe*fu**er. You can celebrate and I don't hold it even 1% his fault for celebrating.

He might be guilty of hurting the guy's hand, but for the fracas? No way, not even an objective spark. It's Schwartz's fault. If Schwartz ran up to him without bumping him, then fine, split it or even blame Harbaugh. But the reason this was a story was Schwartz bumping him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the crux of it all, I think we ALL agree to this.

Harbaugh supplied the spark, Schartz poured on the gallons of gasoline.

Not me. In the limited sense, if I hated when people wore hats and I confronted someone wearing a hat (but nothing else I objected to), it's true that if not for wearing the hat, I wouldn't have confronted him. To me, what the guy did (wear a hat), was terrible, the spark. But for another person, they may look at this and say "it was a football game, not a church, wearing a hat is fine. The hat wearer bears no responsibility for the spark". I feel the majority are the other guy here.

That's where I am. I feel like society likes to always divide the blame. What's wrong with saying one guy's to blame and not the other? "It takes two to fight". Why divide it when it's clear that Schwartz is the guy that made it an issue? Celebrating the way Harbaugh did is NOT over the top. To say otherwise is to ignore context: the guy being mad is the guy who does the same thing. It can't be over the top to the guy that does the sameis the guy who reacted and the analysis of when it is over the top has to have the emphasis on the person who reacted to the celebration. True, Harbaugh didn't celebrate because he knew Schwartz does and used it as a license to celebrate, but we're looking at who caused this and we have to look at the hypothetical reactor for this.

People don't understand that his team has a bluecollar team where you can untuck your shirt when you win. He wasn't trying to demonstrabley chest bump, etc. He didn't call the other team a mothe*fu**er. You can celebrate and I don't hold it even 1% his fault for celebrating.

He might be guilty of hurting the guy's hand, but for the fracas? When there is a "protocal" to respond to something you don't like, and he doesn't then it's your fault. Not even an objective spark. It's Schwartz's fault. If Schwartz ran up to him without bumping him, then fine, split it or even blame Harbaugh. But the reason this was a story was Schwartz bumping him.

I realize I've made it convoluted but it's not worth going over it to fix it. You can tell I'm rebelling against this like a lot of people dislike political correctness.

Edit: I ran out of the ten minutes to edit and had made (irrelevant) changes throughout.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Channel Replay at 8:30 Central Time......in case you're interested.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Those back to back non-catches on catch-able balls on 2nd and 3rd down.

Crabs did catch it and should of at least had the 1st down if he don't hop on 1 leg.
Delanie just looks off stride. He didn't try to come to the ball. It looked like what you would do on a pass nearing the sideline where you need to turn it up field to get a 1st down after catching it.