• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Cardinals

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know, if we spent as much time reviewing our own film as we do the other teams we would have never called 1/2 of those plays today -

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Our ENTIRE offense played like crap. ENTIRE. Blaming Smith for everything is not the answer. Where some of those sacks on him? You bet your ass. But I can't remember the last throw he had when he didn't have a guy hitting him or pressuring him.

The biggest problem is the lack of plays called to counter the blitz. Throw a fucking screen pass. It is not that complicated harbaugh. I want to see Williams a lot more than Ginn now. i am tired of Ginn dropping TDs. Alex's has had 3 TDs dropped the last two games.

1. play calling has to improve.
2. Pass blocking better turn around.
3. Run blocking better turn around.
4. Alex has to get the ball out of his hands quicker
5. ALex has to read the blitzes and throw to the hot route.

Getting Alex on rollouts and in motion is where he excels. He's a system QB and leaving him in the pocket is analogous to leaving a person stranded amongst a pack of wolves - he'll just get torn to shreds esp. with this OL. Play Alex to his strengths because he really is a system QB.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that Braylon is really out of sync with this offense. He's almost a decoy out there and with VD and Walker having some dropsie issues, the only guy left you can count on is Crabby.

Our strategy is a bit weird in the redzone but without a solid OL leading the way, it's hard to move the ball within the 20 when defenses naturally tighten up in that part of the field.

Yeah, Braylon probably would have resulted in a drop too. His injury has pretty much made him worthless in the offense since Smith isn't quick to develop chemistry with his WRs... but, I'd much rather see that pass going to Edwards instead of Ginn. Ginn is almost a guaranteed drop.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Braylon probably would have resulted in a drop too. His injury has pretty much made him worthless in the offense since Smith isn't quick to develop chemistry with his WRs... but, I'd much rather see that pass going to Edwards instead of Ginn. Ginn is almost a guaranteed drop.

They way our offense is playing, I'm not sure if anybody knows how to catch a pass anymore.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They way our offense is playing, I'm not sure if anybody knows how to catch a pass anymore.

To steal a joke from the Replacements, which someone referenced earlier in the game... I guess we should be pissed off that Smith's arm isn't strong enough to stick it in someone's facemask... to avoid the dropsy bug.

Or did that happen in Any Given Sunday?? Whatevs... :hockeysmile:

It's freakin' disappointing because we all know Smith isn't that good, but what makes it worse is with all of these highly-drafted receivers, they could help out from time to time and catch the fuckin thing when Smith actually throws a good ball to them.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitfest. I expected a tough game, but not a loss. The offense failed when they needed to score points the last 3 drives. If they beat Pittsburgh, I can handle this loss. If the 49ers lose to Pittsburgh, this loss will become crushing.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers need to score TD's instead of kicking field goals. Tough loss, but they need to work on TD

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHOSE GOT IT BETTER THAN US????!?!?!?!

Teams who can pass protect, catch and not suck in the redzone.

SportsTIPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The 9ers just lost their chance for a bye. This game could have been different if they scored one or two touch downs instead of field goals.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He left out "and marginal 3rd or 4th receivers dropping tds."

And you left out "along with an entirely marginal group of receivers and woeful pass protection". Seriously, especially those who hate on Alex Smith, how do you expect to have any kind of pass game with that combination of items? It is almost miraculous what they get done with that combo.

I will give you V Davis as being a number one at his position. So why can't we get the ball to him? Fitgerald caught 7 balls yesterday, Vernon 1. They can do it, why can't we?

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Antonio Gates shouldn't have slightly better numbers than Vernon. He missed 3 games and is not the picture of health.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can finally say I saw Vernon make a catch without jumping. I can't remember the last time that happened.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shitfest. I expected a tough game, but not a loss. The offense failed when they needed to score points the last 3 drives. If they beat Pittsburgh, I can handle this loss. If the 49ers lose to Pittsburgh, this loss will become crushing.

i am very worried about Pittsburgh cos they are a better and more physical team than zona and you know what, we are easily intimidated. The offense folds with their tail tucked between their legs running scared...

We need just one offensive bad ass player to step up-maybe use Dixon more?