• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (28)- Dec 13th Sharks @ Avs 6pm

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lucky point vs. colorado who suck balls is not good. points-wise its not a disaster, but the terrible play continues. Blown 3rd period leads, PK miscoaching, lack of 60 minute efforts, particularly when leading. Its not good hockey.

1 regulation win in the last 9 games = wow.

True, they're horribly inconsistent and fortunate to get at least a point tonight. With the schedule becoming more packed from here on out, we're going to see how serious they are about getting things together.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup the Sharks need more Americans "nice shot Pavs"

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you can blame Doug Wilson, honestly. He overpaid for Burns but I think it was a trade he had to make, it's not his fault that Burns is playing like shit and the Heatley trade wasn't a bad one either. It's the players fault and I think McLellan's tenure is coming to an end. Like I said earlier, I like Bob Hartley as a possible candidate.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Winchester? Really Todd?

I guess the coach is giving up too now!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice game by Colorado. They looked pretty good besides a couple of gaffes. Same old ho-hum for the Sharks.

Damn, Winchester can fire the puck lol. Varlamov reacted when he heard the post.

Goodnight gents.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winchester????? WTF!! Why not Couture? Dumbass TMac!!! Makes those wusses Marleau and Thorton do it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't deserve to win and I'm glad they didn't win. If they won all we would hear about is "how they're getting back to their winning ways" and the shitty play of their "leaders" would go unnoticed. It needs to be brought to everyone's attention that something ain't right in Sharkland. I'm not usually one to overreact but somebody needs to get traded, some heads need to roll.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire the coach!

Sad day again to be a Shark Fan

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't deserve to win and I'm glad they didn't win. If they won all we would hear about is "how they're getting back to their winning ways" and the shitty play of their "leaders" would go unnoticed. It needs to be brought to everyone's attention that something ain't right in Sharkland. I'm not usually one to overreact but somebody needs to get traded, some heads need to roll.

100% Agreed. They didn't deserve a W (or even a point for that matter), so I'm glad they didn't get the win.

I was also 100% ok with the Winchester call. He beat Varlamov bad. I think it speaks volumes about Joe and Patty that they don't want to step up and take those shots.

At this point, I think it's trade Jumbo Joe or it won't matter how many Coaches or GM's replace the current ones. Put the 'C' on Clowe's chest and see what happens.

EDIT: I wonder what Washington Capital fans are thinking??? At least the Sharks are an older team who is slow. The Capitals are a young team brimming with talent at every position.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% Agreed. They didn't deserve a W (or even a point for that matter), so I'm glad they didn't get the win.

I was also 100% ok with the Winchester call. He beat Varlamov bad. I think it speaks volumes about Joe and Patty that they don't want to step up and take those shots.

Marleau has taken a few but not this year for whatever reason. Thornton never. Are they that afraid of being embarrassed and looking bad when doing it? I remember when Thornton took a few, he looked pretty stupid when he failed. But you can't get better at it, if you don't try. He has great hands, you'd think he'd be pretty good at it. Weird.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire the GM too! Doug Wilson fucked up this off-season. All of his trades have been busts, and his AHL scrubs he put on our 3rd & 4th lines have been major busts. This team looks like Shit. I've never seen this team play this horrid, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I think if the Sharks kept Heatley and Seto this team would have a better record.

Clock is ticking........

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're lucky they got the one point. They've been complacent and out-worked for the most part since Thanksgiving. It's disgusting how the will and desire just aren't there consistently. Unfortunately, it will take more losing for there to be any real change. 15-10-3 at this point for this team is unacceptable. This team is not close to being a Cup contender with the continued soft mentality, especially from the "leaders".

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team won't even make the playoffs

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire the GM too! Doug Wilson fucked up this off-season. All of his trades have been busts, and his AHL scrubs he put on our 3rd & 4th lines have been major busts. This team looks like Shit. I've never seen this team play this horrid, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I think if the Sharks kept Heatley and Seto this team would have a better record.

Clock is ticking........

Wilson has had enough time here to assemble a Cup winner, and he's failed so far. It's about time for him to go, but it won't happen. Ownership won't do it.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Obvuously, the buck stops with wilson. However, Nearly all of us on this board have liked his off-season moves when he made them. Who knew that burns and havlat would combine for 5 goals in the first 28 games. On paper, the only weakness on this team is the 3rd line. However, Mcginn has been excellent and I fully expect dougie to fix that issue midyear as he has ample cap space to add guys.

That means the problem lies with the leadership and the coach. We all know that marleau and thornton have zero internal fire and consistency, so one can blame dwil for keeping these guys. However, we have also seen that they can be great when motivated correctly. That leaves mainly the Todd.

The PK is all positioning and coaching and they are embarassing there and have been for a long time (dating back to last year and especially in the PO's. 24th last year (79.4%), 28th this year (noit including today which could drop them more). 76% in the PO's last year. just 81.6% in the PO's the year before. They added obne of the league's best PK players in Handzus and it has helped none. Thus, why have all the new additions completely failed in their jobs? havlat, burns, handzus all have failed to do what they were brought here to do and have failed where they have consistently succeeded on their previous teams. All signs point to Todd and his coaching. The team is just not reacting to him anymore. His style has worn this with these players and they arent interested in playing for him anymore. Dougie is a man of great loyalty, but there comes a time to shake it up.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvuously, the buck stops with wilson. However, Nearly all of us on this board have liked his off-season moves when he made them. Who knew that burns and havlat would combine for 5 goals in the first 28 games. On paper, the only weakness on this team is the 3rd line. However, Mcginn has been excellent and I fully expect dougie to fix that issue midyear as he has ample cap space to add guys.

That means the problem lies with the leadership and the coach. We all know that marleau and thornton have zero internal fire and consistency, so one can blame dwil for keeping these guys. However, we have also seen that they can be great when motivated correctly. That leaves mainly the Todd.

The PK is all positioning and coaching and they are embarassing there and have been for a long time (dating back to last year and especially in the PO's. 24th last year (79.4%), 28th this year (noit including today which could drop them more). 76% in the PO's last year. just 81.6% in the PO's the year before. They added obne of the league's best PK players in Handzus and it has helped none. Thus, why have all the new additions completely failed in their jobs? havlat, burns, handzus all have failed to do what they were brought here to do and have failed where they have consistently succeeded on their previous teams. All signs point to Todd and his coaching. The team is just not reacting to him anymore. His style has worn this with these players and they arent interested in playing for him anymore. Dougie is a man of great loyalty, but there comes a time to shake it up.

If you put Mike Babcock behind the bench, this team still won't win the cup. Hopefully JR rips the Sharks, but he has a man-crush on Thornton so nothing will happen that needs to.

I'm not saying TMac is the right coach by any stretch, but I just think that as long as DWil avoids the 400lb elephant in the room (namely Thornton as the leader and best player), this team is doomed to fail.

EDIT: This is just my humble opinion though.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Clock is ticking........

Lol, are you kidding me? The laziest player ever to put on a Sharks sweater and a forward more inconsistant than anything currently on the roster would get them a better record.

I know Burns was brought in for his offense and so far that part of his game is seriously lacking but his defense has be stellar for some time as has his ability to move the puck. If the forwards get their shit together the points will come for him. Havlat had a stellar first 20 games or so but has been pretty bad reciently. However, even his bad play has brought more to the line up than Heatley.