• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (28)- Dec 13th Sharks @ Avs 6pm

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Sharks are just bored of regular season hockey. They are just waiting for the playoffs to start to crank it up. They need to know that the foundation for effort is laid now and that 'flipping the switch' rarely ever works.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. They can flip the switch all they want but if teh talent and hard work isn't there, uhh.. yeah.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe deano is stupid enought to deal doughty given his big salary and struggles. I would love pavelski+demers+1st rounder in both 2012 and 13 for doughty. Can you imagine the D with Doughty, boyle, and Burns??? wow. Pavs is my boy, but he lacks speed and gets shut down late in the PO's by the top teams. He has a very tradable salary and LA is dead last in scoring and would surely be looking for help up front. There is likely still bad blood with doughty so who knows? I have a feeling that doughty would also jump start the offensive game too.

p.s.: I would trade any single forward on the sharks as a centerpiece for doughty if deano bit. stranger things have happened...

The group on defense isn't really the problem with the team. The Burns - Vlasic pairing was a solid 1st pairing that was shutting down other teams top lines but they were split up due to injuries. Demers/Braun - Vandermeer is a great 3rd pairing but the coaches insist on using White who's stunk all year with the exception of a couple games. Boyle and Murray are the biggest issues on the back end. Both have sucked shaved donkey ball in all three zones this year. Since fixing his stick length two games ago Boyle's play has improved to the point that he's been a solid 2nd pairing guy. However that leaves Murray, White, and Braun, none of which have played close to 2nd pairing level. On the bright side at least all the dmen are giving 100% game in and game out. Can't say that about the forward group.

I don't think it's any secret that the teams biggest problem is the top six forwards. Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, reciently Havlat, and sometimes Clowe have all played lazy hockey. Couture is the only one in the top six who's consistantly played at a high level. That means the team is relying heavily on it's 3rd and 4th lines as well as the goalie to win games and they aren't going to win many doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. They can flip the switch all they want but if teh talent and hard work isn't there, uhh.. yeah.

The talent is there imo. The hard work is not. If they are waiting for crunch time to turn on the hard work, they will be in for a rude awakening.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just still don't see this ending well... meaning without a) McLellan gone or b) some major trade(s).

There's nothing else that's going to motivate this bunch of losers at this point.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just still don't see this ending well... meaning without a) McLellan gone or b) some major trade(s).

There's nothing else that's going to motivate this bunch of losers at this point.

Pavelski for Bobby Ryan. You heard it here first! :D

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pavelski for Bobby Ryan. You heard it here first! :D

I would cream myself for that deal! I love pavs but ryan is head and shoulders better with a much higher ceiling. With his size and skill at his age, I would LOVE it. I'd even throw in demers or a 1st to make it happen. I could see him being a 70-80 point, 40 goal scorer playing with jumbo and patty.

Id say there's basically no chance of the quacks making a deal like that intra-division. If ryan is dealt, it will likely be as far away as possible in the eastern conference.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would cream myself for that deal! I love pavs but ryan is head and shoulders better with a much higher ceiling. With his size and skill at his age, I would LOVE it. I'd even throw in demers or a 1st to make it happen. I could see him being a 70-80 point, 40 goal scorer playing with jumbo and patty.

Id say there's basically no chance of the quacks making a deal like that intra-division. If ryan is dealt, it will likely be as far away as possible in the eastern conference.

Ryan would probably score 1 goal in 28 games if he got here. Sharks have a weird history with some great scorers who have come here and for whatever reason, the rink, the ice, the weather, who knows, their numbers have dropped. Teemu sucked here, Heatley, Havlat now, probably Ryan too. Even some of their draft picks started well, then flopped. Falloon, Friesen, Cheechoo.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i don't give a rat's ass if winchester was 1 for 1 in the SO.....dumbass decision by Todd!

Winchester has been 1 of the only guys that's been worth a shit the past couple of weeks. I have no problem with Todd rewarding him.
People can blame the coach or GM all they want, but this falls completely on the players. They need to pull their heads out and get their shit together.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd agree except for the PK. That's all coaching. Yawney was "fired" (yes, I know he left 'voluntarily' but sure....) because of his PK failing last year. Well, they are much worse now. The Tadd does not know how to run a PK. That's my big red flag.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Id still like to see line of zus/havlat/marleau

I think you're on to something there Kork....totally agree with you. Havlat and Marleau got to play together a little in the beginning of the season, and they seemed to click. Zues and Marty seemed to have some chemistry the other night too....