• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - 12-10-14 - Cobie be slippin!!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...wait...is that number right? TOR possession was 26%? And...they won?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B4isa0vIIAAq3Gx.jpg:medium

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportsnet: Nugent-Hopkins has been fantastic on the faceoffs this year.

Graphic: RNH - 49.2%

:confused:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportsnet: Nugent-Hopkins has been fantastic on the faceoffs this year.

Graphic: RNH - 49.2%

Also: Going into tonight's game, the Oilers have been fantastic in their last two games

Graphic: Oilers 1-1-0 in their last 2 games - 50% win percentage

Zwings40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am I the only one who thinks we should pull Howard in the Shoot Out? I think we stand a better chance at getting the extra point with either Mrazek or Monster in net. At least give it a chance... even if they're cold. We obviously need to try something new and Howie's confidence isn't improving any SO loss after SO loss. The only SO we won this year was with Mrazek in net... correct me if I'm wrong.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers lose by one goal, yet Sportsnet awards them with two of the three stars.

Looks like the official three stars all went to the Ducks. I could see Fasth getting one, but nobody else even remotely stood out for them tonight.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who thinks we should pull Howard in the Shoot Out? I think we stand a better chance at getting the extra point with either Mrazek or Monster in net. At least give it a chance... even if they're cold. We obviously need to try something new and Howie's confidence isn't improving any SO loss after SO loss. The only SO we won this year was with Mrazek in net... correct me if I'm wrong.

I have only seen the shootouts for Detroit when Toronto has been involved, and in those they follow the same pattern - Bozak, who is the best shootout shooter in the shootout shooting era, scores, followed by Datsyuk, then both teams miss a shot, then one or the other scores with the final shot. Not sure what Mrazek could do differently in that regard.

Against other teams, eh, maybe you have a point.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only seen the shootouts for Detroit when Toronto has been involved, and in those they follow the same pattern - Bozak, who is the best shootout shooter in the shootout shooting era, scores, followed by Datsyuk, then both teams miss a shot, then one or the other scores with the final shot. Not sure what Mrazek could do differently in that regard.

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but well played BBB.

Zwings40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Since I was interested I figured I'd look up the stats on SO this year for Detroit. Not to include OT, SO exclusively.

2014-2015(this year)
Howard W/L=0/4, Goals/SO attempts=7/12... 42% Save Percentage
Mrazek W/L=1/1, Goals/SO attempts=0/3... 100% Save Percentage

2013-2014
Howard W/L=3/8(last 3 SO's of year were all wins), Goals/SO attempts= 8/28... 71% Save Percentage
Gustavsson W/L=2/6, Goals/SO attempts=6/23... 74% Save Percentage

Maybe Howard will improve again in SO's before the end of this year?? But he has been really frustrated this year in SO's and it seems like it's getting into his head. We usually only score 1 goal in 3 shooters, so we have room to help him out. But 42% save percentage in the SO is really dismal. We just really need to try something new, because whatever we are doing now isn't working. Why I suggested trying to pull Howard for only the SO in the first place. It could even motivate him to do better.

Last edited by a moderator: