• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - 09/04/2010 Giants @ Dodgers

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if any of you ever visited RUNBOARD back in the day .... but just like all forum boards they had their characters as well. The only one I truly remember as a problem was PWD (Portugese Water Dog) ... he was something to behold. If I remember correctly ...all the old timers were called 'mules'. Not sure why though.
That was the first place I remember seeing references to HF (humorless fvcks). Also think that they too used the dunce cap with the letters HF on it. Think its still around but not active.

I believe it was :dunce: and it is still active.

BTW, nice to see you on board, @SF11704!

Last edited:
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GP, Colin, Heath, SFGRTB, Matt…

We lost some true legends along the way.

Also CameronFrye, etc

Wasn't Matt a wannabe journalism guy?

There was a guy on the ESPN board way back, DFaninWisc was his screen name. He was an honorable guy, able to give and take trash talk, but a genuinely knowledgeable baseball fan. The board was shocked one day when Dfan's wife came on the board to announce that her hubby had died of a heart attack, and that the board was a great community for him and he treasured the camaraderie he found there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also CameronFrye, etc

There was a guy on the ESPN board way back, DFaninWisc was his screen name. He was an honorable guy, able to give and take trash talk, but a genuinely knowledgeable baseball fan. The board was shocked one day when Dfan's wife came on the board to announce that her hubby had died of a heart attack, and that the board was a great community for him and he treasured the camaraderie he found there.
In my very early days of posting at Disney, I had a long convo with someone who claimed to be a journalist. I didn’t take him at 100% face value, but he came across as a good guy (not a blow hard) and he knew his stuff, so I chose not to just automatically believe he was full of shit.

I always suspected it was Hank Schulmann because he would often tweet things within minutes of the board discussing it, but I had absolutely zero hard evidence it was him.

Maybe it was this guy you are talking about, instead.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never suspected those two.

But I gotta admit, TZ and GP always made me scratch my head. But then I figured, “why?” They were WAY too similar. No point in creating a second persona when it was really just the same persona.
But at the time GP was very saber friendly, Tz wasn’t so much back then. Granted, that could have been the “fake out”

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I gotta admit, TZ and GP always made me scratch my head. But then I figured, “why?” They were WAY too similar. No point in creating a second persona when it was really just the same persona.
Sometimes, I had to remind myself which poster I was responding with those two because they often agreed with each other and seemed to tag team on other posters.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if any of you ever visited RUNBOARD back in the day .... but just like all forum boards they had their characters as well. The only one I truly remember as a problem was PWD (Portugese Water Dog) ... he was something to behold. If I remember correctly ...all the old timers were called 'mules'. Not sure why though.
That was the first place I remember seeing references to HF (humorless fvcks). Also think that they too used the dunce cap with the letters HF on it. Think its still around but not active.
I had been on a local board that a friend had created back in 2003 but it last only 3 or 4 years and wasn’t sports oriented at all. I came across ESPN’s quite by chance. I had signed up for fantasy baseball and was poking around and found a forum of fellow Giants’ fans. I had no idea what I was in store for.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also CameronFrye, etc

I remember Dfan ... and his sad passing....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was generally against claiming people were creating multiple accounts back in the ESPN days, I had the idea that you give people the benefit of the doubt. But there were times I wondered if GP and you were the same person.
We did see a lot of things similarly, but he was a much better hammer

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All your alt are belong to me

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have to give it to the offense doing something with a little. :yes:
WRONG THREAD LOL