• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GB beat Down CHI ergo

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers would have fucked the Bears up real bad. Just goes to show how dominate the niners are on offense.

Smith was shredding that Packers Defense with long drives and 5 straight drives with scores. And, it could have and should have been more.

Smith > Cutler
Moss and Crabtree > Marshall

And all those calling out Staley, how ya like how he did now? Mathews aint no joke and he didnt stop Mathews, but he did a decent job.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going a different route. Comparing those two games just shows how much of a difference superior coaching and ball control mean to victory.

When the 49ers played GB, they were ready for everything GB tried to do and had an answer for it. The only thing they couldn't stop were the officials spotting GB 15 points. Smith was able to recognize the blitzes and often audibled to runs away from the blitz.

Chicago looked like the Packers did against the 49ers. Just completely overwhelmed and unprepared for anything GB threw at them. On offense I should say, Chicago's defense was pretty solid.

You could also argue that its smarter to go the 49ers route of taking what the defense gives you, instead of how Chicago tries to impose their will while broadcasting to everyone what they plan to do. We all remember how much that didn't work when Singletary tried to do that on offense. Hey everyone, we're running up the gut 90% of the time, I dare you to stop us. It's just plain stupid to not even make the defense guess at what you're going to do.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The biggest differences in the game was definitely Quarterback play.

Cutler made some absolutely horrible decisions and throws.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Smith > Cutler

I didn't see the game, but I don't agree with either of these.

I will say that the Niners' supporting cast (especially OL) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chicago's supporting cast.

Bests supporting casts in the NFL (offense): Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, Giants

Worst supporting casts in the NFL: Chicago, Miami, Jacksonville, St. Louis

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't see the game, but I don't agree with either of these.

I will say that the Niners' supporting cast (especially OL) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chicago's supporting cast.

Bests supporting casts in the NFL (offense): Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, Giants

Worst supporting casts in the NFL: Chicago, Miami, Jacksonville, St. Louis

Unlike in the 49ers game, the Packers barely let Jarrett Bush take the field.

We told you before the game the Packers would be in trouble if you heard Jarrett Bush’s name a lot. Well, you didn’t hear Jarrett Bush’s name at all. He didn’t play one defensive snap after starting at cornerback last week. Instead, the Packers went with Sam Shields, who looked like he was in danger of getting released a month ago. Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler threw for a paltry 126 yards on the night. Looks like benching Bush was the right move.

Packers New Lineup Equals Success Against Bears | Green Bay Packers | Total Packers (Not a good source I realize)

But this pretty much sums up the game.

Last edited by a moderator: