• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gay football players coming out now

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread, just......wow.

:L

Maybe the US is not ready for this. Sad really.....

Well, we seem to have no problem with football players who beat their girlfriends, get involved in shootings, cheat, steal, commit perjury, sexually abuse women, take bribes, smoke dope, snort coke, steal computers, run dog fighting rings, beat up helpless bystanders into bloody pulps, and commit r*pe [err, "consensual" forced relations that the prosecutor decides to ignore]. Gosh, we even give fellows like this the the Heisman Trophy.

But we have a problem with a player who likes other men? And suddenly the best defensive player in the best conference in the nation may slip down to the 5th round or lower? Gosh, maybe he should just say that his boyfriend is imaginary.
:scratch:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we seem to have no problem with football players who beat their girlfriends, get involved in shootings, cheat, steal, commit perjury, sexually abuse women, take bribes, smoke dope, snort coke, steal computers, run dog fighting rings, beat up helpless bystanders into bloody pulps, and commit r*pe [err, "consensual" forced relations that the prosecutor decides to ignore]. Gosh, we even give fellows like this the the Heisman Trophy.

But we have a problem with a player who likes other men? And suddenly the best defensive player in the best conference in the nation may slip down to the 5th round or lower? Gosh, maybe he should just say that his boyfriend is imaginary.
:scratch:

He was projected a 3rd to 5th rounder before he came out. It has nothing to do with him being gay, dude.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But after he came out some people then projected him as a 5th to 7th rounder who might not be drafted.

And that's understandable. He will bring a media circus to whatever team drafts him. It will be a nonstop frenzy of questions for the players and team in general.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's understandable. He will bring a media circus to whatever team drafts him. It will be a nonstop frenzy of questions for the players and team in general.

He personally seems to have handled the media well based on reports from the combine yesterday, so that might help. I could see a team like the Patriots drafting him (as a situational pass rusher and special teamer), since they usually do a very good job of avoiding any media circus issues.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He personally seems to have handled the media well based on reports from the combine yesterday, so that might help. I could see a team like the Patriots drafting him (as a situational pass rusher and special teamer), since they usually do a very good job of avoiding any media circus issues.

Good call. The Pats would be able to handle the situation. Just don't let the Niners draft him, please. Not because he's gay, but the stereotyping would get even worse.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After they completely changed the rules and gave Michael Sam special treatment at the combine, every player should declare being gay whether they are or not so their agent can join them during the interview process.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I would root for my team if there were openly gay players on it. It is downright insanity not too, IMO. I have rooted for gay players before and so have all of you. Sam is just open about it. I would play with gay teammates as long as they can skate and/or score. I am sure that I have before. I am sure that I have showered with some, and shared a locker room with some. I also work with women, as I am sure most people here do or have. It has zero bearing on how I feel about people. Work hard and don't be a dick and I don't care who you are attracted to.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's sad at all, it's normal. What's sad is expecting everyone to agree with everything. Are people not allowed to have their own opinions anymore?

Also, it's not just the US. People around the world find homosexuality revolting, it's not just here. It's not okay to attack people that are different but it is okay to not agree with their lifestyle, whether that is a choice or an inborn trait.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been through the entire thread. I'll check it out.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to reaffirm my argument, the slurs are indicative of how most in society feel about homosexuality. It's not a small minority of bigots, that share the same feeling.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think most in society hate them, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying most in society don't understand the idea of being attracted to the same sex.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's sad at all, it's normal. What's sad is expecting everyone to agree with everything. Are people not allowed to have their own opinions anymore?

Personally I would say "No" for the simple fact that's why were all on here. WE have different tastes and that's what makes some topics some great conversations...