• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gator bowl rematch with Georgia

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tradition of getting a "New Years day" bowl game doesn't mean anything anymore. All the games are so spread out for TV.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to add that Michigan fans sold many tickets to Buckeye fans for their home game match-up. BWW might not get as many Woverine fans as they think...IMHO

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Years Day is still a big bowl day for me, but yeah they diluted the shit out of them and moved the Sugar to the 2nd, the Orange and Cotton to the 3rd. Then they even scheduled a couple shit bowls after that.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahah again haha

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gator Bowl has second best payout than other B1G non BCS bowls

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you reading what Georgia fans are saying at the outset

Steven Powell · Shorter College
All the husker fans are excited for a chance to beat us.. all the uga fans are pissed we got to play a highschool team

BTW, it looks like Ashley is a guy.

Ashley Oliver · Works at Mike's 280 Package Shop
Obviously you don't pay attention to we were without our top two rbs and top 4 wr's everybody gets hurt so quit making excuses. We gonna beat ya like a redheaded stepchild!!!

Almost means nothing, y'all were good with Tom Osborne but without him it's a joke!!!

It won't be close!! You lose to sorry teams like Iowa at home? How does that happen

Nebraska sucks!! And we have to beat them and that high school offense down again!!!

Hey milo your in the big 10 you suck!! Remember last year? U need to worry about your psycho pathetic coach though, after this beat down he might be fired!!!

Of course, Nebraska fans prove they are just as ignorant about the Georgia injuries. Gurley was hurt for a few, Murray is done.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you reading what Georgia fans are saying at the outset

Steven Powell · Shorter College
All the husker fans are excited for a chance to beat us.. all the uga fans are pissed we got to play a highschool team

BTW, it looks like Ashley is a guy.

Obviously you don't pay attention to we were without our top two rbs and top 4 wr's everybody gets hurt so quit making excuses. We gonna beat ya like a redheaded stepchild!!!

Almost means nothing, y'all were good with Tom Osborne but without him it's a joke!!!

It won't be close!! You lose to sorry teams like Iowa at home? How does that happen

Nebraska sucks!! And we have to beat them and that high school offense down again!!!

Hey milo your in the big 10 you suck!! Remember last year? U need to worry about your psycho pathetic coach though, after this beat down he might be fired!!!

Of course, Nebraska fans prove they are just as ignorant about the Georgia injuries. Gurley was hurt for a few, Murray is done.

I may not hang myself based on the opinions of 2 fans one of which is a glorified stock boy.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much the face (image) of the program, unfortunately.

The national perception of the program is what it is for good reason.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was away all weekend. I just don't understand how BWW favors Mich over NU. NU's fan base was dying to go somewhere else and probably would have went there in droves, but instead going back down to FL as most all of you all have stated, isn't going to be as much fun. Although an SEC matchup might be a little better for recruiting than playing KSU in AZ.

Now they just have to go out and win it. I have a feeling Bo's going to over coach it, which means the team is going to come out tight and probably have a couple of early turnovers. and that's the difference in the game, the Huskers inability to hold onto the ball was the difference against Minnesota/Mich State/Iowa and will be the difference in this game.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much the face (image) of the program, unfortunately.

The national perception of the program is what it is for good reason.

Meaning that even though we havent come close to a losing season under Bo, we can only go up from here.
We dont really suck RA we are more of a stuck in the middle of the road team. There are a few good opportunities for us to break through next season ie Miami Wisconsin and Mich St. I cant help but be at least a little optomistic that we will turn the corner here.

Bo isnt an idiot, I think he can see that he has been given a chance to redeem himself next season and if its more of the same he will prolly be shown the door.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd rather play Georgia than K. State as well.

NU would stand a better chance against K. State, but a win would be diluted by their loss to an FCS team. A loss to a (7-5) team would be even worse.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning that even though we havent come close to a losing season under Bo, we can only go up from here.
We dont really suck RA we are more of a stuck in the middle of the road team. There are a few good opportunities for us to break through next season ie Miami Wisconsin and Mich St. I cant help but be at least a little optomistic that we will turn the corner here.

Bo isnt an idiot, I think he can see that he has been given a chance to redeem himself next season and if its more of the same he will prolly be shown the door.

I've never said NU was mediocre or even "middle of the road".

I've defended NU multiple times for being called that.

Mediocre is .500 imo.

I have said NU is 3rd tier at best and currently even 4th tier on a national stage.

1st tier: #1-8 (undefeated or 1 loss)
2nd tier: #9-15 (2 or 3 losses)
3rd tier: #16-25 (3 or 4 losses)
4th tier:#26-35 (4 or 5 losses)
5th tier: #36-50 (5 or 6 losses)
6th tier: #50 and below (6 losses or sub .500)

NU has been a perenial 3rd or 4th tier program.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said NU was mediocre or even "middle of the road".

I've defended NU multiple times for being called that.

Mediocre is .500 imo.

I have said NU is 3rd tier at best and currently even 4th tier on a national stage.

1st tier: #1-8 (undefeated or 1 loss)
2nd tier: #9-15 (2 or 3 losses)
3rd tier: #16-25 (3 or 4 losses)
4th tier:#26-35 (4 or 5 losses)
5th tier: #36-50 (5 or 6 losses)
6th tier: #50 and below (6 losses or sub .500)

NU has been a perenial 3rd or 4th tier program.

No you didnt and Im not saying you did. I guess I consider middle of the road teams to be the 8 to 10 win teams. I agree that mediocre is .500. I would also agree that we are prolly a 3rd tier team right now but I see alot of momentumin moving up. First step would be to beat , not just compete, with Georgia.

I say if we go into the off season with a win over a SEC team we boost our recruiting in a big way and if we beat Miami next year , as well as the pther ooc teams we will have enough of a push to win the B1G next season. I cant sit here for the next 9 months thinking we dont have a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I absoultely disagree NU can only go up from here.

They can certainly stay the same, feasting on opponents with 8, 7, 6 wins or less to maintain that 9 wins benchmark.

Only 2 of NU's 8 wins this season were against 7 win teams. The other 6 wins were against opponents at .500 or less.
NU lost to the only 2 teams with 8 wins, and lost to the other 2 teams with 9 or more wins.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I absoultely disagree NU can only go up from here.

They can certainly stay the same, feasting on opponents with 8, 7, 6 wins or less to maintain that 9 wins benchmark.

Only 2 of NU's 8 wins this season were against 7 win teams. The other 6 wins were against opponents at .500 or less.
NU lost to the only 2 teams with 8 wins, and lost to the other 2 teams with 9 or more wins.

i was being a smart ass, sorry I forgot the sarcasm font mf er

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didnt and Im not saying you did. I guess I consider middle of the road teams to be the 8 to 10 win teams. I agree that mediocre is .500. I would also agree that we are prolly a 3rd tier team right now but I see alot of momentumin moving up. First step would be to beat , notjust compete, with Georgia.

I say if w go into the off season with a win over a SEC team we boost our recruiting in a big way and if we beat Miami next year , as well as the pther ooc teams we will have enough of a push to win the B1G next season. I cant sit here for the next 9 months thinking we dont have a chance.

Feel good optomism that IF NU wins it will be good for momentum in recruiting and for the program going into next season is just that. There's an opposite side to that coin and I'm not even gonna say it. :tape: