• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gase and Del Rio getting head coaching looks

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN reported that after Frazier got fired in Minnesota two of the first names mentioned were both of the Bronco coordinators. Are the Broncos becoming the new Patriots where every year the coordinators are going to be up for coaching opportunities? Really hoping this year that the Broncos can keep both coordinators and return once again intact.

My guess though is that one of the two will be gone this year once again. Really liking Gase though so hoping he will stay as he and Manning just seem to fit perfectly.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase isn't ready to be HC in my opinion. Smart owners will wait and see on him. (Of course there are loads of dumb owners out there waiting to catch the next hot thing). He could end up being Dennis Allen 2.0.

Del Rio's defense probably needed to show more than it did, but he also had a decent record when he took over for Fox. Hard to say if he'll get snatched up at this point.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Gase it surprises me. He is one year removed from being a position coach and guys who move up too quickly tend to struggle as a HC. Plus his one year as an OC happened to benefit from the Manning factor. I am hoping owners factor this into their decision and Gase remains the Broncos OC next year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Gase it surprises me. He is one year removed from being a position coach and guys who move up too quickly tend to struggle as a HC. Plus his one year as an OC happened to benefit from the Manning factor. I am hoping owners factor this into their decision and Gase remains the Broncos OC next year.

I think his name being mentioned has more to do with the fact that he was the OC of what now is the best offense in NFL history. Hard to ignore that fact. Broncos did the same thing with McDaniels after his offense put up historical numbers and everybody thought he was the next big head coaching prospect to obviously...well no need to bring up bad memories.

It also seems that the NFL is going the way of either bringing in the big name college coach that has revolutionized the college game (and been caught cheating so trying to escape the penalties that the NCAA would put on them) or that young coordinator that they think will get the players fired up. If I was a GM honestly I would rather see the veteran coach who knows how to bring in good coordinators and is a good distributor of power. Fox honestly even though he is conservative has really impressed me with his ability to bring in good coordinators and really allow them to do their job. Honestly I think this is why they keep getting hired is they are actually more prepared compared to other coordinators that rely on the Head Coach more.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone with the Coordinator picking that's already happened with us the past couple years...experience or not, teams want to latch on to coaches in winning programs.

I wonder if anyone will take another shot with McDoosh?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone with the Coordinator picking that's already happened with us the past couple years...experience or not, teams want to latch on to coaches in winning programs.

He is being considered the top candidate to take the Browns job last I heard.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dont know if its just talk or what but I read some chatter about the bloody Mc and Cleveland

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think one would credit McDaniels necessarily, but I do think that New England very likely did the most with the least of any team this season. That and San Diego certainly deserves some credit as well..(much as i cant stand those bastids)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase has said that he will refuse any interviews during this bye week! Good to hear he is staying focused on the prize instead of advancing his own career at this time. He has even said that right now spending another year with Peyton is very enticing so it would take a very good situation for him to walk away from the Broncos if he was offered a job.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody remember last year with McCoy as he had 4 interviews during the bye week? You can't tell me that didn't hurt our offense. I mean there is a lot of preparation that has to go into those interviews as GM's and Owners expect you to have a very extensive plan and presentation showing what you are going to do to help the organization. That would take hours upon hours to organize. That is hours that should be spent watching tape in my opinion. I just don't think they should give coaches any chance until they are completely out of the playoffs to interview for open positions.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody remember last year with McCoy as he had 4 interviews during the bye week? You can't tell me that didn't hurt our offense. I mean there is a lot of preparation that has to go into those interviews as GM's and Owners expect you to have a very extensive plan and presentation showing what you are going to do to help the organization. That would take hours upon hours to organize. That is hours that should be spent watching tape in my opinion. I just don't think they should give coaches any chance until they are completely out of the playoffs to interview for open positions.

I agree.

A lot of posters say Manning is the OC anyway and minimize McCoy and Gase's contributions. So much work goes into the scheme and setting up the game plan every week with Manning and the offensive braintrust. Manning's good but he can't do it all and there is some very talented people that work on that game plan.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J.D.R. can go and it wouldnt bother me one bit.

It would bother me. Yes the Broncos defense has had a down year but they also have been without their top 2 players on defense most of the year with Champ and Von gone. Hard to do much when that much talent is gone and the depth on defense really isn't that great. Throw in Woodyard the heart of the defense has been a shell of himself this year since he got hurt against Dallas. Thankfully from what I understand he is feeling better since they benched him for a bit to give him some rest.

For me the most important part though for wanting JDR back is I am tired of the Broncos getting a new DC every year and the defense having to learn a whole new system. We need some continuity with our coaching staff especially for these young defensive players. I think a good draft this year focused on the defense while keeping the offensive nucleus together (resign Decker and Beadles) and this team can be right back where it was of top offense and top 5 defense once players come back from injury.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"According to a source, however, Gase has informed each of those teams, either himself or through a representative, that he would not interview for any job until the Broncos' season is over".

Good news.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would bother me. Yes the Broncos defense has had a down year but they also have been without their top 2 players on defense most of the year with Champ and Von gone. Hard to do much when that much talent is gone and the depth on defense really isn't that great. Throw in Woodyard the heart of the defense has been a shell of himself this year since he got hurt against Dallas. Thankfully from what I understand he is feeling better since they benched him for a bit to give him some rest.

For me the most important part though for wanting JDR back is I am tired of the Broncos getting a new DC every year and the defense having to learn a whole new system. We need some continuity with our coaching staff especially for these young defensive players. I think a good draft this year focused on the defense while keeping the offensive nucleus together (resign Decker and Beadles) and this team can be right back where it was of top offense and top 5 defense once players come back from injury.

I dont use injuries as an excuse because thats all it is is an excuse. Champ is getting old what did you expect? Von Miller was suspened 6 games and now is injured so they played without him basically all year. You have to adjust to the players you have not what you dont have and if I see another 3 man rush I will puke. There not going to be healthy like other teams that are in the playoffs and its up to J.D.R. and the defense that they do have to step it up and help the offense out. If they dont win it all Im for one not using injuries as an excuse. There is still enough talent on the defense to be good enough to win the whole thing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont use injuries as an excuse because thats all it is is an excuse. Champ is getting old what did you expect? Von Miller was suspened 6 games and now is injured so they played without him basically all year. You have to adjust to the players you have not what you dont have and if I see another 3 man rush I will puke. There not going to be healthy like other teams that are in the playoffs and its up to J.D.R. and the defense that they do have to step it up and help the offense out. If they dont win it all Im for one not using injuries as an excuse. There is still enough talent on the defense to be good enough to win the whole thing.

It goes beyond just those two being gone though. I think I saw a stat that 7 starters this year have missed games for the Broncos and up to 6 in one game were out at one point. I'm sorry but there is no team in this league that can be missing that much starter power especially when a couple of them are pro bowl players like Champ and Von and expect to still be a top 10 defense in this league. Now I will say the defense is starting to look better as they have posted their two best performances heading into the playoffs (coincidence that Champ comes back and that happens?).

I guess to me I just think Del Rio is a very good coach that has done a lot for this defense and making them half way respectable. There are times yes that I don't like his play calling on the field especially earlier in the year with so much zone but at the same time I am not in practice watching these guys everyday and I'm sure he decided that with Champ and Von out that was the best way to at least try to contain the opposition. Plus like I said the most important part is I do not want this defense to once again have to learn a whole new defense. We finally found some continuity in a coordinator for our defense and I would like to see that continue.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree cdumler7. We also have to talk about excuses in terms of bad defensive numbers and winning. In othewords I don't think I've heard one fan say we would be undefeated if.... That said it's very realistic that the defense is markedly better with a healthy squad. Is that an excuse or probable explanation? The Broncos have won despite all the injuries but their rankings have been pretty bad which IMO is understandable with all the injuries. Big difference between stating reasons for the bad rankings and making excuses....