• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garrett Grayson

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Connor Cook (MSU QB) probably staying in college to try to become a top pick of the 2016 Draft and to compete for a National Title we should start considering other potential QBs.

This assuming the top two guys are gone before we can draft and us trying to bring someone in on Day 2 (rounds 2-3).

I've seen our name associated with Grayson from Colorado State. I don't know much about him being he plays for CSU, but the CSU fact (lack of media attention) may make him a steal in round 2 if he can pan out like projected.

Anyone have any thoughts on this guy?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley unless he passes Jameis and Jamies falls to us.
Petty

or wait later and take Cato.

I don't even want Cook next year. He's not that good.

Sorry :suds:

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you think Hundley is going to be taken though?

And please, no need to apologize, you are not offending me. I'm not in love with Cook or Grayson, just wondering if anyone knows this guy.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hundley is going to jump up the board fast.

I am guessing between 10-15, but I wouldn't be surprised if by next April he jumps Jameis into top
10. That's IF he continues to win and put up big numbers.

Hundley is big QB and a good athlete. He doesn't have Marriotta speed but he's dam good

Perfect guy to come in and sit, maybe watch the first 4 weeks. Who knows.

At this point I would take Petty. We just need help at QB. Have for a half decade!

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious why hundley, he has so many flaws as a PRO qb, grayson is shooting up draft boards fyi

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the team good enough to draft a QB in the first round though?

We are not good at drafting, so I kinda think drafting the BPA may be our best move.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious why hundley, he has so many flaws as a PRO qb

What kind of flaws? Sure he's not polished, but the upside is huge.

Did you see the game versus the Chargers last week?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are not good at drafting, so I kinda think drafting the BPA may be our best move.

Your post kind of negates itself. If the Rams aren't good enough to be trusted to pick a QB in the first, why would they make the right pick for BPA?

Regardless, I think they've done well in the first round under Snisher. Obviously trading up for Austin continues to be controversial, but he's the exception (and IMO says more about Schotty than Austin). Brockers, Ogletree, Robinson, and Donald are all key players.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm falling off of both Winston and Hundley. (And you all know I'm a Bruin fan so that says something) Probably higher on Winston than Hundley. Only MM is a no brainer and he will be gone.

To tell you the truth, I'm beginning to feel Sean Mannion from OSU.

He 'fits' the Snisher role for QB. Strong arm, accurate as hell and a pocket passer for sure.

I believe he is a red shirt Senior so he is older and probably starts week 1 for any team who needs a QB if he is drafted there.

Hell, he already knows how to win with a crappy team. Have any of you seen the Beavers this year?

That was a big time get vs the Sun Devils two weeks ago!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious why Vita - no Hundley?

Petty would be fine with me. And Jameis i would take all day. The boy is good. SO what he likes crab legs and is poor..

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Grayson play multiple times on TV and in person the past 2 seasons. This guy flat out wins games. He was like top 20 rated QB out of HS. He has great touch with the deep ball and can also find check down receivers when scrambling. He's tough, playing through injuries (playing with groin injury the last few games) and can make plays with his legs.

He doesn't make too many mistakes and has 20 TDs to 5 Ints. He has a ton of heart and doesn't lose his composure even when down in games. He rallies a decent CSU team on many occasions (ask Wash st in last year's bowl game and BC this season). Almost brought CSU back to win on the hated blue turf at BSU this year also.

He's not some pampered QB looking for big money out of college and should play with a chip on his shoulder at the next level. I'd love the Broncos to pick him up in the draft.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, we are probably out of the Mariota sweepstakes unless Snead decides to pull the trigger on a trade up, but I do not see us moving up 8-10 spots to get him. That said, here are my top 5 best fits for the Rams IMHO:

1. Jameis Winston - Bottom line, he is a winner. He is a physical speciman. Yes he has head issues and maturity issues, but those can be fixed. He has no real "football" issues. If he falls to us in the first, they are stupid not to grab him

2. Brett Hundley - I disagree with my boy SJ though, he will be there in the late first, early second. We may have to trade up there to get him, but it can be done.

3. Bryce Petty - Gunslinger who has some legs. Reminds me of a smaller Big Ben. Will be there for us in round 3 if no Winston or Hundley

4. Sean Mannion - older, redshirt senior, total pocket passer. Needs to bulk up a little, but will be successful. Reminds me of Mike Glennon. Will be there in round 3 if Petty gone

5. Shane Carden - Almost same size as Petty, with a little less arm and a little more leg. Could be the diamond in the rough who sits and watches if Bradford comes back on the cheap. Should be there in the 5th round, but might need to move back to the late 4th to get him.

I also like Grayson but I think he will get a bit overhyped and we cannot afford to REACH on a QB.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you'll see any teams take a shot on Grayson until after the 3rd round.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your post kind of negates itself. If the Rams aren't good enough to be trusted to pick a QB in the first, why would they make the right pick for BPA?

Regardless, I think they've done well in the first round under Snisher. Obviously trading up for Austin continues to be controversial, but he's the exception (and IMO says more about Schotty than Austin). Brockers, Ogletree, Robinson, and Donald are all key players.

Well I think we have a few more needs that we can fill in with a sure thing type player instead risking a 1st round pick on a QB that could have similar potential as the guy we'd get in the first round.

And I think we've done well at drafting defense in the 1st round, not offense. Not sure why Robinson is on your list tbh.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if we grab a 2nd or 3rd round guy he'll a) be pretty good - its a decent QB class this year and we're seeing the success of QBs not in round 1 and b) he can compete with Sam (at a reduced rate) next year for the starting role, and if not learn and then come in

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also would like to know what Vita thinks about Hill after he was at the game in San Diego. :whistle:

That had to be brutal to watch live.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Jameis Winston - Bottom line, he is a winner. He is a physical speciman. Yes
he has head issues and maturity issues, but those can be fixed. He has no real
"football" issues. If he falls to us in the first, they are stupid not to grab
him

2. Brett Hundley - I disagree with my boy SJ though, he will be
there in the late first, early second. We may have to trade up there to get him,
but it can be done.

3. Bryce Petty - Gunslinger who has some legs.
Reminds me of a smaller Big Ben. Will be there for us in round 3 if no Winston
or Hundley

I agree with this and would rather have Jameis. My guess is he will be gone when we pick in the first. All I am saying is that it wouldn't surprise me if Hundley shoots up boards due to hype and goes in the top 10. Who knows what the Raiders are going to do? Do they have their QB or will they roll the dice on MM from Oregon or BH from Cali? You know Tampa is going to take Marriotta if he's there. We will see how the draft positions all shake out. Will the Jets pull the trigger on a QB? We know Jax isn't drafting another QB. Is Tennesee happy with Mettenburg? Because they are not happy Locker! Would Washington take a QB?

That's 3-4 teams that could take a QB before we even draft! No way Hundley is there in the early 2nd round.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas, Sam isn't going anywhere. He'll prolly have to take a pay cut, but Sam Bradford will be our starting QB in 2015-16. Who will be our back up, time will tell.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As loaded as this QB is coming out, if the Rams keep Bradford and pass on a QB in the first 2 rounds....

Holy high hell that would be so stupid.