• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 8): 49ERS vs. JAGUARS

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of SF's biggest problems in the secondary has been speed, and Nnamdi doesn't help with that. On the flip side, I haven't seen Brock get beaten deep at all this season and his coverage has been pretty good when left on an island, so Brock seems the better fit as SF's nickel DB. Now, if Rogers or Brown goes down, I'd pick Nnamdi to start over Brock, but that's it.

It's a shame Nnamdi hasn't taken over any games, though, because I've been waiting for Nnamdi to do something cool all season so I can post this:

ugotnnamdi.png

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of SF's biggest problems in the secondary has been speed, and Nnamdi doesn't help with that. On the flip side, I haven't seen Brock get beaten deep at all this season and his coverage has been pretty good when left on an island, so Brock seems the better fit as SF's nickel DB. Now, if Rogers or Brown goes down, I'd pick Nnamdi to start over Brock, but that's it.

It's a shame Nnamdi hasn't taken over any games, though, because I've been waiting for Nnamdi to do something cool all season so I can post this:

I think Brock was beaten deep on a pass that put the Titans into scoring range for the 1st time yesterday. Although, at the same time the 49ers were pulling starters. Spillman was out there, Justin and RayMac were both on the bench.... give any QB a clean pocket and he'll eventually thread the needle.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I didn't think he was playing all that bad for us. He always seem to have tight coverage on receivers, it's just that the receiver had made spectacular grabs against his tight coverage. Jordy Nelson's grab for instance, along with another great cath that I remembered a Seattle receiver had made against him.

I agree. I don't think he's completely washed up- just not a starting caliber CB any more. More of a role player and a guy that comes to match up against teams that use 4 WR packages.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice having aso for sone depth. Wonder what happens if the team decides they want wright to play. Does aso or cox get the axe? Or does Morris slide back down to the p/s. Hope Morris stays always nice to have young DBS in the fold.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've watched enough Intervention and have enough personal experience with people who've gone to rehab to know Aldon is probably doing a 45 or 90 day stint in rehab. Rehab is serious business and Aldon's gonna have to work on changing his life and how he deals with stress in order to not relapse. 30 days barely covers the body's physical dependency on alcohol, let alone his psychological dependencies.

I'd love to see Aldon come back this season, but even when he gets out of rehab he is going to need a couple weeks before he is game day ready.

Yeah, I'm very reluctant to rush him back. We need to look big picture here. If there's a chance we can get him past his alcohol issues right now, let's just bite the bullet and get him the treatment he needs. I'd rather have him for the playoffs and the next several years than get him back for a run to the playoffs but lose him longterm.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's nice having aso for sone depth. Wonder what happens if the team decides they want wright to play. Does aso or cox get the axe? Or does Morris slide back down to the p/s. Hope Morris stays always nice to have young DBS in the fold.

I don't think they'll risk losing Morris. They seem to like him, and losing Cooper stung them. It would be nice to know we had promising young guys in Brock, Cooper, and Morris going into next year (if we re-sign Brock). Still upset about losing Cooper. Definitely would have taken him over Ventrone.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris was killing it yesterday on Punt coverage... Spillman is still Boss on that of course(more so on KO)

so IMO, Morris spot should be kept....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with a 49er slow start due to over confidence and a general travel malaise I have them winning 23-10.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even with a 49er slow start due to over confidence and a general travel malaise I have them winning 23-10.

They'll be in London for a solid week. That should be more than enough time to get over any ill effects of the travel. When we played Denver in London, and they traveled out on like Friday, the Niners came out fast and hard and took it to them right off the bat. Jacksonville is closer to London, but I'd expect a similar result if the Jags head over late in the week.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be in London for a solid week. That should be more than enough time to get over any ill effects of the travel. When we played Denver in London, and they traveled out on like Friday, the Niners came out fast and hard and took it to them right off the bat. Jacksonville is closer to London, but I'd expect a similar result if the Jags head over late in the week.

Its going to be tough to get up for an oh and 7 team so I think they'll struggle a little early but once they get down to business, they'll win the game. I really like the fact that they are getting over there early.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Nnamdi is behind Darryl Morris on the depth chart, why hasn't he been cut yet? That's a couple of million the Niners could use on Seymour!

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Nnamdi is behind Darryl Morris on the depth chart, why hasn't he been cut yet? That's a couple of million the Niners could use on Seymour!

Isn't Nnamdi making 1.something?

I don't know that he's below Morris on the CB depth chart, but he's below Morris and Cox on the ST depth chart. Presumably he's being kept because if something happens to Brown, Brock or Rogers before Wright is ready he will dress again. I expect Nnamdi to be cut when Wright is healthy. Just like I expect Moore to be cut when Manningham is ready. . . and Cunningham if/when Aldon is back.

I don't know who gets cut for Tank (is it Dobbs or Jarrod-Eddie?) or Crabtree (maybe Baldwin if he's still not producing, or a different position?).

Edit: It would probably be Bethel-Thompson.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it looks like he is out. What sucks is Brock is a FA. He might now even be with us next year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Nnamdi making 1.something?

I don't know that he's below Morris on the CB depth chart, but he's below Morris and Cox on the ST depth chart. Presumably he's being kept because if something happens to Brown, Brock or Rogers before Wright is ready he will dress again. I expect Nnamdi to be cut when Wright is healthy. Just like I expect Moore to be cut when Manningham is ready. . . and Cunningham if/when Aldon is back.

I don't know who gets cut for Tank (is it Dobbs or Jarrod-Eddie?) or Crabtree (maybe Baldwin if he's still not producing, or a different position?).

Edit: It would probably be Bethel-Thompson.

Yes.