• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game week thread: Tampa Bay

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've won 3 in a row. What say you guys?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Don't feel very positive about this one. We can't run the ball with any consistency.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ We've actually gone over a hundred yards most games, but I agree in a sense -> Cam picked up near half of them, the last 2. We've been scraping for every yard we can get with our RBs.

We're listed as an 8-pt favorite, which makes me wonder if Vegas knows something the rest of us don't.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trap Game Number 2.

We have to play better than the Dolphins game. Rivera might shake up the secondary if we continue to give up big plays. This game might be even more dangerous for two reasons, Tampa is better than Miami and we have NO next week. We can't get caught looking past these guys. Hopefully we will have Johnson back and that will greatly improve our pass rush.

For our running game, I'm really hoping we get Scott back. Nothing against Chandler, he has played as well as we can expect but I think Scott is much better at run blocking. I also think more teams are keying in on stopping our running attack. We are seeing more 8-9 man fronts. If he can play, and he's got a groin injury now, watch for Revis to try and limit Steve Smith. This will force our other WR's, not to mention Greg Olsen to step up. Tolbert is nursing a sore hamstring so we will need more from Stewart and Williams.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trap Game Number 2.

We have to play better than the Dolphins game. Rivera might shake up the secondary if we continue to give up big plays. This game might be even more dangerous for two reasons, Tampa is better than Miami and we have NO next week. We can't get caught looking past these guys. Hopefully we will have Johnson back and that will greatly improve our pass rush.

For our running game, I'm really hoping we get Scott back. Nothing against Chandler, he has played as well as we can expect but I think Scott is much better at run blocking. I also think more teams are keying in on stopping our running attack. We are seeing more 8-9 man fronts. If he can play, and he's got a groin injury now, watch for Revis to try and limit Steve Smith. This will force our other WR's, not to mention Greg Olsen to step up. Tolbert is nursing a sore hamstring so we will need more from Stewart and Williams.
Bold is my main concern, coming out of last game. Captain tackled well, but covered really badly. Our D is predicated on keeping everything in front of us - allowing big pass plays behind coverage mucks the whole thing up. Wallace had someone beat near the end of the MIA game, and only through fate did he not make the catch. Bucs have given up 104, 152, and 2 (yes, 2 against MIA) yards rushing in their last 3 games. Like BallJim said, we need to get our conventional run game going, and control the ball. Haven't seen anything on Johnson. Is he hopeful?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me about our run game is that we are not giving the rb holes or creases to run through. You take away Cam's scrambles and our run game sux of late. We need to get this fixed.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson and Scott are out. Hartsock is doubtful.

Stewart, Tolbert, and Williams (yes all 3) are listed as questionable. Stewart and Tolbert are expected to be ready, they will make a decision on Williams Saturday. Blackburn is also questionable but is practicing again.

Steve Smith and Jordan Gross both missed practice time this week but are expected to play.

The Bucs have Revis listed as questionable and will be a game time decision. Guard Carl Nicks is out with a foot injury.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me about our run game is that we are not giving the rb holes or creases to run through. You take away Cam's scrambles and our run game sux of late. We need to get this fixed.

well, most of that is attributed to the fact that defenses are loading up against the panthers run game, daring cam to beat them with his arm. and that is the right game plan right now against the panthers. the panthers run game is still more dangerous than their passing game.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
well, most of that is attributed to the fact that defenses are loading up against the panthers run game, daring cam to beat them with his arm. and that is the right game plan right now against the panthers. the panthers run game is still more dangerous than their passing game.

I look for the Panthers to put more emphasis on the passing game today. If we are going to have extended success this year we have to make teams worry about our passing game.