• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread -- Nebraska vs. Southern Miss

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We had 5 sacks today and held them to 11 yards rushing on 23 attempts.

DO NOT TELL ME THAT OUR WEAKNESS IS OUR DEFENSIVE LINE COT DAMMIT.

Our secondary is a HUGE problem, and I truly believe we have some talented athletes back there, but they have to be tutored correctly. Is Marvin Sanders available?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win today. People forget a ugly win is always better then a good loss. You still are undefeated in Big10 play and that's all that really matters. I hear the announcers saying well they were up 22-0 going into halftime then started to relax. The problem wasn't all about giving up the huge lead but the lead should have been a lot bigger. Capitalizing on being in or near the redzone with TD's instead of 3 FG's could have really helped. 3 times you had to settle for a FG instead of TD. However on the other 2 times where you kicked it was from 40 & 50yds and what a big leg Drew Brown has. Penn State was in the same boat today where the game became close because we had to settle for FG's. Westerkamp & Reilly looked great today and scary if they both return next season.

Since joining the Big10 what team do you feel is Nebraska's rival? With the league changing divisions around every year its hard to develop a rivalry. I would like Nebraska to be Penn States rival but we rarely play you anymore. Well once again congrats on your win and good luck next week against Illinois.

Northwestern is the rival. Every game has been close with dramatic comebacks. It is the battle for NU. Currently, Nebraska owns the crown and is 3-1.

Northwestern Scores
38-17 Nebraska Northwestern led at halftime 17-14 then fell apart
27-24 Nebraska Hail Mary from Ron Kellogg
29-28 Nebraska 4th qtr comeback in Evanston
28-25 Northwestern in Lincoln

Wisconsin Scores
59-24 Wisconsin Melvin Gordon runs for over 400 yards
70-31 Wisconsin Big Ten Championship game
48-17 Wisconsin

30-27 Nebraska

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern is the rival. Every game has been close with dramatic comebacks. It is the battle for NU. Currently, Nebraska owns the crown and is 3-1.

Northwestern Scores
38-17 Nebraska Northwestern led at halftime 17-14 then fell apart
27-24 Nebraska Hail Mary from Ron Kellogg
29-28 Nebraska 4th qtr comeback in Evanston
28-25 Northwestern in Lincoln

There will never be a day that I view Northwestern as a rival.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the secondary doesn't improve by year's end, the secondary coach may need to be replaced.
He has a pretty impressive resume. Not sure what's going on there but I highly doubt anyone leaves the end of this season. Reasonable expectations require giving the guy a chance.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a pretty impressive resume. Not sure what's going on there but I highly doubt anyone leaves the end of this season. Reasonable expectations require giving the guy a chance.

Reasonable Smeasonable, no coach has ever struggled in his 1st year at a school. Especially when there are 3-4 walk-ons playing on any give play.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our secondary is a HUGE problem, and I truly believe we have some talented athletes back there, but they have to be tutored correctly. Is Marvin Sanders available?

It is a brand new coaching staff, so we need to give it time.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Aaron got a foot down on that TD..

LOL he did irule. I don't like it anymore than you do, but he was the hero. His ego just got bigger somehow.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway Utah is giving Oregon the business.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is a brand new coaching staff, so we need to give it time.

We have close to the worst possible secondary statistically in America. Maybe by next season it will be ranked in the top 100, hopefully.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have close to the worst possible secondary statistically in America. Maybe by next season it will be ranked in the top 100, hopefully.

Guess what, Indiana's pass defense improved and Nebraska somehow got worse. #1 when you go in reverse order.

Big Ten starts next week. and the Big Ten cannot throw a forward pass, the pass defense will improve. Oops, I forgot Wes Lunt is up next week, he played in the Big 12.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really just said "Marcus who?!?!?"

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the secondary doesn't improve by year's end, the secondary coach may need to be replaced.

Secondary Coach is Brian Stewart, who replaced Charlton Warren.

Warren went to North Carolina. Did you know that North Carolina has a pass defense that is in the Top Ten after this week?

North Carolina held Wes Lunt of Illinois to 140 yards. A common opponent to use as a measuring stick.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the point of your post. You do realize Warren left of his own choice right?
Are you saying Warren is better than Stewart so Riley has to go beg Warren to come back?

Or are you just standing in the middle of the aisle throwing a tantrum and forgot why?

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win today. People forget a ugly win is always better then a good loss. You still are undefeated in Big10 play and that's all that really matters. I hear the announcers saying well they were up 22-0 going into halftime then started to relax. The problem wasn't all about giving up the huge lead but the lead should have been a lot bigger. Capitalizing on being in or near the redzone with TD's instead of 3 FG's could have really helped. 3 times you had to settle for a FG instead of TD. However on the other 2 times where you kicked it was from 40 & 50yds and what a big leg Drew Brown has. Penn State was in the same boat today where the game became close because we had to settle for FG's. Westerkamp & Reilly looked great today and scary if they both return next season.

Since joining the Big10 what team do you feel is Nebraska's rival? With the league changing divisions around every year its hard to develop a rivalry. I would like Nebraska to be Penn States rival but we rarely play you anymore. Well once again congrats on your win and good luck next week against Illinois.
sir --noboby is gonna read all that garbage ya plorsted