• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread -- Nebraska vs. Southern Miss

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win today. People forget a ugly win is always better then a good loss. You still are undefeated in Big10 play and that's all that really matters. I hear the announcers saying well they were up 22-0 going into halftime then started to relax. The problem wasn't all about giving up the huge lead but the lead should have been a lot bigger. Capitalizing on being in or near the redzone with TD's instead of 3 FG's could have really helped. 3 times you had to settle for a FG instead of TD. However on the other 2 times where you kicked it was from 40 & 50yds and what a big leg Drew Brown has. Penn State was in the same boat today where the game became close because we had to settle for FG's. Westerkamp & Reilly looked great today and scary if they both return next season.

Since joining the Big10 what team do you feel is Nebraska's rival? With the league changing divisions around every year its hard to develop a rivalry. I would like Nebraska to be Penn States rival but we rarely play you anymore. Well once again congrats on your win and good luck next week against Illinois.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow they really just pulled the reverse HB pass.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win today. People forget a ugly win is always better then a good loss. You still are undefeated in Big10 play and that's all that really matters. I hear the announcers saying well they were up 22-0 going into halftime then started to relax. The problem wasn't all about giving up the huge lead but the lead should have been a lot bigger. Capitalizing on being in or near the redzone with TD's instead of 3 FG's could have really helped. 3 times you had to settle for a FG instead of TD. However on the other 2 times where you kicked it was from 40 & 50yds and what a big leg Drew Brown has. Penn State was in the same boat today where the game became close because we had to settle for FG's. Westerkamp & Reilly looked great today and scary if they both return next season.

Since joining the Big10 what team do you feel is Nebraska's rival? With the league changing divisions around every year its hard to develop a rivalry. I would like Nebraska to be Penn States rival but we rarely play you anymore. Well once again congrats on your win and good luck next week against Illinois.

Wisconsin is our rival in my opinion and I don't even think it's close.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks bud. Classy post.

I pretty much agree with everything you had to say. Last year it was Mcneese St. This year it was Southern Miss.

We have a long way to go to get back to the real Nebraska.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks bud. Classy post.

I pretty much agree with everything you had to say. Last year it was Mcneese St. This year it was Southern Miss.

We have a long way to go to get back to the real Nebraska.

The real Nebraska is a nasty "Black Shirt" defense and the option. My best friend is a Nebraska friend so we would watch games together and the pride of the defense was definition of Nebraska football. It seems past 5 years they just haven't looked that nasty. Hopefully some good recruiting classes will change that. Also having a offense stay on the field longer will help the defense relax. Well once again good luck the rest of the season.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game though

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the ex Husker gets to be the hero.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN top 10 number 1...

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO UTES

ANOTHER OVERRATED PAC 12 TEAM!!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why don't you research it and figure out whether Oregon State's passing defense was really that bad. Care to guess where they finished in the PAC last year?

I do recall their 3 losing seasons out of the last 5 over there. Also, where is Nebraska's passing defense ranked this year? You have some "splaining" to do! On the other hand, Michigan has a new coaching staff after what Michigan experienced last year, and look how good they're doing defensively?