• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread -- Nebraska vs. Southern Miss

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of youth on this team and a lot of them are going to be great players.

Of course we have played 4 games. Would of thought Riley would of had more trophies by now.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I realize there's new terminology and other factors a team has to deal with when getting a new coaching staff, but why isn't Michigan having those same issues such as allowing an amazing amount of passing yards like Nebraska has? If things don't change very quickly, don't be surprised to see a lot more losses, such as in the next two games. I've watched quite a few games this year, and Nebraska's secondary seems to be the worst one I have seen. I also think there's some pretty good athletes back there, so maybe a new secondary coach would be helpful?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Nebraska gels, going undefeated the rest of the way is a possibility, but they better not overlook anyone. I have the feeling that our opponent today is going to be tougher than people think they are going to be. I'll say a ten to 14 point win for Nebraska.

You bonehead you got it wrong. Nebraska could only muster up an eight point win! lol

If I was a betting man, I would have taken the points and bet USM today for sure.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize there's new terminology and other factors a team has to deal with when getting a new coaching staff, but why isn't Michigan having those same issues such as allowing an amazing amount of passing yards like Nebraska has? If things don't change very quickly, don't be surprised to see a lot more losses, such as in the next two games. I've watched quite a few games this year, and Nebraska's secondary seems to be the worst one I have seen. I also think there's some pretty good athletes back there, so maybe a new secondary coach would be helpful?
Yep, I'm sure they'll fire coaches after 4 games.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, I know this year has not gone as well as we would have liked, but at least we're not Texas. This is incredible:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just thank everything holy he didn't use the word execute.

They're more willing and open to adjusting.

I'm going to have to be convinced that Banker is the man to bring this D back to true blackshirt status.

Love his ideas. Not so sure about his teaching ability.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTFuck ack_John_Mark, post: 7259024, member: 127"]DL has been our strength today....[/QUOTE]

The Fuck it has we can't get any pressure on the QB.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, I know this year has not gone as well as we would have liked, but at least we're not Texas. This is incredible:

Well Texas is back in this game.

I have a theory about that program... They'll have a drought like no other blue blood program has seen. Like longer than Miami or Nebraska's current drought.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thank everything holy he didn't use the word execute.

They're more willing and open to adjusting.

I'm going to have to be convinced that Banker is the man to bring this D back to true blackshirt status.

Love his ideas. Not so sure about his teaching ability.
This was my point. Certain coaches would say something to the effect of, the play would have worked if the player would have done X or Y. I like the ownership shown thus far.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Texas is back in this game.

I have a theory about that program... They'll have a drought like no other blue blood program has seen. Like longer than Miami or Nebraska's current drought.
I agree, and I think they should be a real warning. They're ready to run Strong out of town before he's even had a chance to get going, and I'm sure they won't be patient on the next one either. You can't expect someone to come in and all of a sudden turn an average or poor football team into a contender. Yes, it happens, but it is the exception, not the rule. This is why I can't believe there are still people 1. going on and on about how we need a "big time hire". There wasn't a hotter name in coaching at the time, and look how that's gone and 2. calling for coaching changes 4 games in to a season.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Field temp for the Texas OSU game is 128 degrees.

Can we use that as a recruiting tool please?

128 degrees or 34 degrees? Sorry I pick 34 all day.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree, and I think they should be a real warning. They're ready to run Strong out of town before he's even had a chance to get going, and I'm sure they won't be patient on the next one either. You can't expect someone to come in and all of a sudden turn an average or poor football team into a contender. Yes, it happens, but it is the exception, not the rule. This is why I can't believe there are still people 1. going on and on about how we need a "big time hire". There wasn't a hotter name in coaching at the time, and look how that's gone and 2. calling for coaching changes 4 games in to a season.

If you'll research it, you'll see that Oregon State gave up huge passing numbers also, but I believe Nebraska has better secondary athletes. Also, you can say what you want about Charlie Strong being a big time hire, but I sure can think of a few that would be more of big time hires. One or two assistant upgrades may eventually turn Nebraska into a power again, the same could be said about Bo's staff.

It's pretty obvious that the secondary looks even more confused than they did at the start of the season. Coaching maybe?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think ol Rile dog will ax him at the end of the year